Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 109
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720

    Bogut and Deron Williams "expected to sign" with Cavs?

    Who do the Cavs cut? Do they make the Cavs the clear favorite?

    Cut McCrae?

    I'd say Bogut and Williams COULD make a key difference, but if Bogut can't stay on the floor against the Warriors and Williams doesn't play D any better than he has been then they make very little difference in the playoffs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,591
    While Deron isn't anything like he was, he is a HUGE upgrade at the backup PG position. Bogut is a nice defensive big for the rotation, that can help in matchups.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,685
    Bogut would just be a defensive big for the rotation and not expected to play big minutes unless injuries happen. He'd certainly give up play time to Love, Thompson, and Frye, given how the Cavs play. Can't see him playing more than 7 or 8 minutes per game on a normal night, but signing him can be a big move because he could sign with another contender and play a big role AGAINST Cleveland. I'd bring him on just for that reason alone.

    Deron Williams would be a big pickup, actually. They desperately need a backup point guard. Not to run the offense, but to let them confidently sit Kyrie and not force LeBron to handle the ball all the time. Cleveland already has enough shooters, defenders, and rebounders. At some point, they're looking for someone to give LeBron and Kyrie in-game rest where they can play off ball and pick and choose their spots to attack. Deron can certainly provide that.

    I'd be shocked if one or both didn't sign in Cleveland when able.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,078
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Who do the Cavs cut? Do they make the Cavs the clear favorite?

    Cut McCrae?

    I'd say Bogut and Williams COULD make a key difference, but if Bogut can't stay on the floor against the Warriors and Williams doesn't play D any better than he has been then they make very little difference in the playoffs.
    Where are you getting your information from? You can't make a post like this and put something in quotation marks without providing a source for your information. Was it Woj? Stein? Spears?

    Because this seems pretty vague at this point. I saw some stuff yesterday on Twitter—I think it was from Stein—suggesting that Wiliams was practically a lock to sign with Cleveland. But I have yet to see anything indicating where Bogut is likely to sign.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    29,977
    This is huge. You know LeBron will milk any bit of gas they have left.


    Free As Seagull.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,720
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Where are you getting your information from? You can't make a post like this and put something in quotation marks without providing a source for your information. Was it Woj? Stein? Spears?

    Because this seems pretty vague at this point. I saw some stuff yesterday on Twitter—I think it was from Stein—suggesting that Wiliams was practically a lock to sign with Cleveland. But I have yet to see anything indicating where Bogut is likely to sign.
    Stein, Woj, and some others ... it's all preliminary since no moves can happen yet and Bogut supposedly has some interest from Houston and a couple other teams too.

    Bogut wanting to go to a contender is a pretty easy guess, but he loves to yank people around so he may have dropped the Cavs name just to jerk people around.

    Regardless, I don't know that the current version of Williams and Bogut are game changers for the Cavs. Probably the biggest difference they would make is that they might let the Cavs stars play fewer minutes and still get to the playoffs with a #1 seed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,831
    Williams seems to be a lock from many different sources, including Stein, as long as he doesn't get claimed off waivers.

    Bogut isn't a lock but the Cavs seem to be an option along with Houston, GS, and San Antonio.

    We have 1 roster spot open and I'm fairly sure McRae would get cut to open a 2nd. Champ is practically as untouchable as LeBron lol, Liggins has defense that may be needed here and there if we have injuries, and Felder still a rookie that we won't give up on unless we absolutely needed to get rid of him.

    Deron Williams is having a good year and would be an excellent backup point guard for us. I'm not really worried about his defense since I think he'd be an upgrade over Felder and his ability to score and get assists is much better. He's like 3rd in PPP in the Pick-n-Roll in the entire league.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,604
    The NBA is kind of turning into a joke. All these super teams and the Cavs get even stronger? Where's the intrigue? Does anyone REALLY believe anyone other than GS and Cleveland will be in the Finals for a third straight year, especially when teams don't mind cutting ring-chasing veterans?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,141
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Pain personified

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stein, Woj, and some others ... it's all preliminary since no moves can happen yet and Bogut supposedly has some interest from Houston and a couple other teams too.

    Bogut wanting to go to a contender is a pretty easy guess, but he loves to yank people around so he may have dropped the Cavs name just to jerk people around.

    Regardless, I don't know that the current version of Williams and Bogut are game changers for the Cavs. Probably the biggest difference they would make is that they might let the Cavs stars play fewer minutes and still get to the playoffs with a #1 seed.
    This is pretty much it. Game changers vs. the Warriors? Probably not. But our stars are logging big minutes and relied upon HEAVILY (at least offensively) to get the job done. We've been battling injuries all year and our depth is sorely lacking at the point guard and center position. I mean, we technically don't have a center on the roster (TT and Frye are our only big men since Love is injured and their natural positions are PF), and Kyrie is the only point guard on the roster besides raw rookie Kay Felder.

    It'll help big time if we pull in Deron Williams at least to try to keep our star players from being worn in the playoffs and finals if we make it.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,078
    The league needs a hard a cap.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,141
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The league needs a hard a cap.
    Just sit back and enjoy great, competitive basketball.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,591
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The league needs a hard a cap.
    remember that suggestion if your Knicks ever turn into contenders. Because you know they would happily live in luxury tax to supply a great team.

    One of the most ironic things I have ever ready actually. New York fan asking for a hard cap, because a Cleveland team is spending.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stein, Woj, and some others ... it's all preliminary since no moves can happen yet and Bogut supposedly has some interest from Houston and a couple other teams too.

    Bogut wanting to go to a contender is a pretty easy guess, but he loves to yank people around so he may have dropped the Cavs name just to jerk people around.

    Regardless, I don't know that the current version of Williams and Bogut are game changers for the Cavs. Probably the biggest difference they would make is that they might let the Cavs stars play fewer minutes and still get to the playoffs with a #1 seed.
    I've followed Stein and Woj like a hawk since yesterday morning, and I haven't seen a single Tweet or article suggesting the Cavs are "expected" to get Bogut. Can you provide a link to your information?


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •