Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    "If all that you see, do, measure and discover is the will of a deity, then ideas can never be proven wrong, you have no predictive power, and you are at a loss to understand the principles behind most of the fundamental interconnections of nature."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson in "Universe Down to Earth"
    Why don't Christians embrace science? Do they believe that God created man "poof" out if thin air? Why not embrace science as a tool used to create man and the universe? Some Christians may point to lack of scientific explanation in the Bible, but the authors if the Bible lacked the vocabulary and language to describe the science. But if they did have special access to knowledge of astro and quantam physics, who could have understood what they wrote?

I don't get why some Christians are averse to the inclusion of science when disussing and explaining their God concept. We'd all be better off agreeing that God is simply "that which created everything" and using science to discover God by studying the process of creation. As for what this universal God wants from us thats a different story, but maybe we will find out when we discover the Creator. Until then, civility should be the governing code of moral behavior.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 03-18-2017 at 08:18 AM.

think im going to go down to the well tonight, gonna drink til i get my fill

-Bruce Springteen (Glory Days)

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    "If all that you see, do, measure and discover is the will of a deity, then ideas can never be proven wrong, you have no predictive power, and you are at a loss to understand the principles behind most of the fundamental interconnections of nature."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson in "Universe Down to Earth"
    Why don't Christians embrace science? Do they believe that God created man "poof" out if thin air? Why not embrace science as a tool used to create man and the universe? Some Christians may point to lack of scientific explanation in the Bible, but the authors if the Bible lacked the vocabulary and language to describe the science. But if they did have special access to knowledge of astro and quantam physics, who could have understood what they wrote?

I don't get why some Christians are averse to the inclusion of science when disussing and explaining their God concept. We'd all be better off agreeing that God is simply "that which created everything" and using science to discover God by studying the process of creation. As for what this universal God wants from us thats a different story, but maybe we will find out when we discover the Creator. Until then, civility should be the governing code of moral behavior.
    Because their beliefs supersede their curiosity to learn. Their only curiosity is to learn what's written in their Bible. Thats sad.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Great Quotes

"Were all human beings suddenly to become blind, still the sun would shine by day and the stars by night, for these owe nothing to the millions who benefit from their light. So, were every man on earth to become an atheist, it could not affect God in any way. He is what He is in Himself without regard to any other. To believe in Him adds nothing to His perfections; to doubt Him takes nothing away." ~A.W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    "Were all human beings suddenly to become blind, still the sun would shine by day and the stars by night, for these owe nothing to the millions who benefit from their light. So, were every man on earth to become an atheist, it could not affect God in any way. He is what He is in Himself without regard to any other. To believe in Him adds nothing to His perfections; to doubt Him takes nothing away." ~A.W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy
    So let's say for argument's sake that God does not exist. How then does this quote even make sense?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Because their beliefs supersede their curiosity to learn. Their only curiosity is to learn what's written in their Bible. Thats sad.
    God empowered mankind with curiosity and the ability to think critically. Seems to me that questioning His existence is exactly what God wants us to do!
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

God empowered mankind with curiosity and the ability to think critically. Seems to me that questioning His existence is exactly what God wants us to do!
    Some say that.

Others say the curiosity that leads to critical thinking is instilled by the Devil. Personally, I prefer to take an unaffiliated approach.

Then why does he torture people for eternity if they don't worship him? He sounds more like a pouty teenager than an all knowing and all loving god...

Some say curiosity killed the cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Wow, nice post.

This reminds me of that day FNK had a nice post

This

Great Quotes

To say there is no absolute truth is an absolute. To say all truth is relative means even THAT truth is relative. All people make truth claims-only difference is between those who know it and those who don't. The question isn't about if there is truth or not, but which truth will lead to human flourishing.

-Timothy Keller

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
    ― Albert Einstein

And God cannot create square circles either... maybe some thing are just what they are?

I love the argument that because we are bad... that's somehow Gods fault.

Must be the millennials...
    Well that was stupid

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This
    All we hear is crickets from the op when logic is brought into the conversation

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast