Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    When Austin ****ing Rivers is out playing your teams All Star it's not going to go well.....damn.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Funny that today I was just about to say Denver can give Warriors a run for their money but deleted it because I thought maybe but not yet. Jokic is just too good for Draymond to cover. He's Marc Gasol x10 offensively but needs to work on his defense. That's probably why they got Plumlee... With Galo back, Denver can upset the Warriors. Forget about Porzingis/KAT/Embiid... Jokic might be the best one yet.
    Gasol plays better defense, but that's about it.

Jokic is better in every other conceivable way.

Funny that today I was just about to say Denver can give Warriors a run for their money but deleted it because I thought maybe but not yet. Jokic is just too good for Draymond to cover. He's Marc Gasol x10 offensively but needs to work on his defense. That's probably why they got Plumlee... With Galo back, Denver can upset the Warriors. Forget about Porzingis/KAT/Embiid... Jokic might be the best one yet.
    I wouldn't go that far, we still have bad defense, we get timid in big moments, turnovers, and we shot the hell out of the ball tonight.

Plus side is we are missing 5 players and we have a lot of versatile players. I think we match up better against GS than SA. Still making the playoffs is still so important regardless of getting swept.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, we still have bad defense, we get timid in big moments, turnovers, and we shot the hell out of the ball tonight.

Plus side is we are missing 5 players and we have a lot of versatile players. I think we match up better against GS than SA. Still making the playoffs is still so important regardless of getting swept.
    Bad defense but no one can stop Warriors anyways. Denver matches up very well against the Warriors and with the Plumlee signing, you guys are getting a tough and solid defender. I would sit Mudiay, tbh. Jokic is clearly the best player on that team and Warriors can't stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I put $ on them cause Warriors are playing their 3rd in 4th nights, and the altitude effect. I had no idea Thompson/Livingston would be out tho.

Warriors could still win this thing, u know how they score in bunches
    I would put money on them too. Denver is playing with 2 starters 2 bench pieces and rotation players 10-15. GS got beat by the 3 and Curry looked terrible. Draymond didn't do anything either.

tp13baby, you know more about this than most do. What's the deal with Jokic's sudden explosion? I get that he's taking more shots but did something just happen from point A to point B? He's been an absolute monster the past two months.

Jokic:

17 points on 7-13, 21 rbs, 12 ast. + 33

tp13baby, you know more about this than most do. What's the deal with Jokic's sudden explosion? I get that he's taking more shots but did something just happen from point A to point B? He's been an absolute monster the past two months.
    I give a ton of credit to our GM Tim Connelly, we maybe second to the Spurs for International scouting. Nurkic was/still is good when he cares. Jokic emerged 2 years, the Denver forum raved about his production overseas. Came over last year, didn't play a lot to start the year. But he looked good like this last year, just the offense wasn't surrounded around him. His usage was way less than a lot of the bigs and he took 3rd in ROY. Malone tried Nurkic and Jokic together to start the year. Efficiency we were terrible. Jokic went to Malone and asked to come off the bench. Jokic is the most unselfish player on the team and he was fine with coming off the bench. Nurkic continued to get worse throughout the year, we started becoming a bad team losing to the Nets, Mavs, even Washington when they were horrendous. Jokic was solid throughout though. Malone put him in the starting lineup, focused the offense around him and wala. I think most people think hey he is on a hot streak but I was preaching that Nikola has to be forced to take the torch, he shows how talented he is, but how unselfish he is, he had to be forced, now he looks unreal, but I'm truly not surprised.

Also Juan Hernangomez, I predicted he would go off, and the young man did.

Imagine if the Spurs drafted Jokic instead of Kyle Anderson...

Can shoot.
    Great FT shooter.
    Can run the fastbreak.
    Can postup.
    Can pass.
    Can rebound.

22 years old in a week. NBA is looking real good with all this talent.

Porzingis
    Embiid
    Jokic
    KAT
    Gobert
    Davis

The center position is actually looking really solid.

Can shoot.
    Great FT shooter.
    Can run the fastbreak.
    Can postup.
    Can pass.
    Can rebound.

Porzingis
    Embiid
    Jokic
    KAT
    Gobert
    Davis

That's the best part about it, the center position is experiencing a kind of renaissance period.

For years we've been stuck with players like Dwight Howard who have no skills whatsoever and getting by on power alone. Now we're seeing this new group redefine the position. A group that can shoot threes, that can pass, that have deep offensive skill sets.

It's beautiful to watch.

Can shoot.
    Great FT shooter.
    Can run the fastbreak.
    Can postup.
    Can pass.
    Can rebound.

Porzingis
    Embiid
    Jokic
    KAT
    Gobert
    Davis

Add Myles Turner in there. Vastly underrated and he wouldn't even be the "worst" guy on that lit in my opinion.

Jokic was invisible at the start of last season...he showed glimpses of being able to run, and shoot the 3 ball, but really played like a development project for first half of the season. It wasn't until around the allstar break, that he really started showing consistency with production--which got him 3rd in ROY voting.

In the olympics, he had a breakout game against team U.S.A, and was practically doing everything on the floor. He helped Serbia get the silver medal behind team USA.

This season, Jokic didn't get adjusted right away, and didn't carry over the momentum that he had at the end of last season. Malone's rotations were definitely a reason for Jokic not finding the rhythm right away. Once Nurkic proved inefficient at handling the ball, Malone had no choice but to insert the productive Jokic into the starting rotation. And Jokic has just been flourishing since then.

When I saw that Jokic was able to shoot the 3, and do fadeaway jumpshots at his heigh in his rookie season last year--I knew he had potential. He's just one of those players who's actually working on that "POTENTIAL".

Can shoot.
    Great FT shooter.
    Can run the fastbreak.
    Can postup.
    Can pass.
    Can rebound.

Porzingis
    Embiid
    Jokic
    KAT
    Gobert
    Davis

You forgot to include Zubac...

Don't worry, it's a joke....for now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast