Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

If the cap-bubble hit in 2012, would OKC have had same or + success as GSW?

Figured this would be an interesting. In 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 the cap was at $58 mill and didn't really increase until 2015-2016 which led to the Thunder trading Harden

Salary info:
    http://basketball.******.com/nba/info/salary_cap

Say the bubble hit in 2012-2013 and the Thunder would have been able to keep both Ibaka and Harden.

They also drafted Reggie Jackson in 2011 so he presumably would of been on this team as well

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2012.html

If they would have kept hte band together, would they be experiencing the success GSW is right now?

Russell Westbrook
    Harden
    KD
    Ibaka
    Perk

vs.

Curry
    Klay
    KD
    Dray
    Zaza

If the cap rose a few years earlier, and Ibaka and Harden both signed long term deals, would OKC be a dynasty?
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

I think this is a legit talking poin by the way.

Man that would've been fun to watch

Chemistry might have become a problem for OKC but talentwise, they would be right there, if not above, the current GSW.

They wouldn't win as many games but everyone knew Harden was a star. Not to this extent but it's a bit like what happened with Manu where he could have been a really good player with nice numbers but was limited due to the system. The fit is better with Warriors because you have two really good defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    They wouldn't win as many games but everyone knew Harden was a star. Not to this extent but it's a bit like what happened with Manu where he could have been a really good player with nice numbers but was limited due to the system. The fit is better with Warriors because you have two really good defenders.
    Yeah I feel you. Ibaka and Dray dray would be fun to watch in a 7 game series. Then it comes down to Curry and Klay vs. Westy and Harden. Really interesting.

Not even close, Golden State plays with an unselfishness that OKC never had. Look at the two teams statistically, GSW constantly in the top in the league in assists. OKC has always been near the bottom, all they ran were ISO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Not even close, Golden State plays with an unselfishness that OKC never had. Look at the two teams statistically, GSW constantly in the top in the league in assists. OKC has always been near the bottom, all they ran were ISO's.
    I think they would become more self-less if they lost due to selfishness in the playoffs. Like how GSW has had to learn to play with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I think they would become more self-less if they lost due to selfishness in the playoffs. Like how GSW has had to learn to play with each other.
    I don't think Russell Westbrook or Harden can be affective without the ball. Neither move that well off the ball.

I think eventually Harden would have demanded a bigger role or forced his way elsewhere but they likely win some titles. But Ibaka fell hard seemingly out of nowhere, that could have dimmed their long term dynasty aspirations.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like that OKC team was destined to break up anyway. I just can't imagine James Harden sitting on the bench forever. He'd be thinking "hey, I'm an All Star, I'm an Olympian, I'm one of the best players in the league, and I'm never gonna get the respect I deserve here." And I think the KD-Westbrook dynamic was always sort of bound to fail anyway. I don't think Westbrook would be fun to play with. I think he would've left whether it was the Warriors or someone else.

It's fun to think about that much raw talent in one place, but it makes a lot more sense with Golden State given the context of their roster.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I feel like that OKC team was destined to break up anyway. I just can't imagine James Harden sitting on the bench forever. He'd be thinking "hey, I'm an All Star, I'm an Olympian, I'm one of the best players in the league, and I'm never gonna get the respect I deserve here." And I think the KD-Westbrook dynamic was always sort of bound to fail anyway. I don't think Westbrook would be fun to play with. I think he would've left whether it was the Warriors or someone else.

It's fun to think about that much raw talent in one place, but it makes a lot more sense with Golden State given the context of their roster.
    Or harden would be Manu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.