Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If you had to take over a team, who would you pick?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks

7 30.43%
  • Kings

5 21.74%
  • Bulls

11 47.83%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Would you rather be the Knicks, Bulls, or Kings?

All 3 of these teams aer in interesting situations right now, largely because their Front Offices comrpises of people that make decisions that PSD users would.

In a hypothetical situation say that you just bought a team, and its 1 of the 3 (sorry Nets, you're automatically disqualified) listed.

Who would you rather be? All 3 teams have at least 1 "Star", except for the knicks who have 2 1/2 Stars, which I guess still adds up to "1".

The Bulls seem to have the easiest fix: Fire GarPax and Hoiberg, tank and trade Wade and possibly Butler. But that means they also have to get the new hires right.

The Knicks have a lot of bad contracts, and their dysfunction is worse than the Bulls, at least recently. They probably need a new HC, a GM, and an entire roster of players outside of Porzy, who has fallen off in the second half like last season.

The Kings also have a bucked-up front office, and have DMC. It looks like they will have to give him $207mill max or lose him. They also lose their pick if it falls outside the top 10. Their roster is underwhelming and while they may compete for the 8 seed, their 2019 (IIRC) goes to Philly, which means that they have a year and a half to figure it out.

So the question is: In a life or death situation, in which you are forced to take over one of the teams, who do you take?
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

I think I'd have to pick the Kings just because Boogie is so valuable. You can trade him and get a return or keep and try to build.

I'd rather be the Seattle Supersonics over the Knicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'd rather be the Seattle Supersonics over the Knicks.
    At least they got to watch greatness for a year in KD?
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

All 3 are a mess but the Knicks have Willy & KP locked up for dirt cheap for the next 4 years and that looks like a very promising front court... and they are on their way to a top 5 pick in a stacked draft. And whatever they could get for Melo + Lee or Q. Phil will be gone soon enough too. And outside of Noah, what bad contracts do they have?

Butler is disgruntled and getting close to 30 and DMC is a perennial loser who is going to command $200m+

None of these teams are going to be attracting Free agents anytime soon so they will have to build through the draft.

So I'd say NY.

I'm biased, but the Kings.

We've got arguably the best big in the league in Cousins, a promising young coach in Joerger, and a couple of interesting young pieces. However, we have a meddling owner who doesn't know anything, a very inexperienced GM that made a ballsy move that didn't pay off to free up cap space at the cost of at least a first round pick, and not the most appealing location. I think that's mostly surmountable though. We already made a good amount of smart, low cost signings to give the team some respectability and stability. We don't have any glaringly bad contracts. We've just got to manage to convince free agents that we're a place they want to play for without overpaying them much. We've swung and missed on a few, and it has actually worked out in our favor (Wesley Matthews and Monta Ellis being the two that stick out in my memory).

We've just got to keep on getting better with what we have and make some smart additions (a big splash at guard would be huge). We've beaten a few of the top teams lately, so we're on the roadto respectability and are only a couple of games out of the 8th seed.

Definitely the Kings. They have the best individual player on those three teams.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Bulls than the Knicks

Troll!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Definitely the Kings. They have the best individual player on those three teams.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    maybe so, but I'd rather rebuild around a 21 year old KP on a rookie contract vs the always disgruntled DMC at $35m.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Troll!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    How. These 3 teams have front office implosions. Bucks and 76ers have talent. Nets quietly suck and we've all beat them to a pulp already and will continue closer to draft day. Bucks and 76ers have young players and not imploded yet. Suns are just bad, no implosion.

Lakers are on the verge of being on this lost if their front office implodes which looks possible or if they lose their lottery pick.

The only bad contract on the knicks roster is Noah. Rose is gone after this season.
    Knicks have all their draft picks going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by lamzoka View Post
    The only bad contract on the knicks roster is Noah. Rose is gone after this season.
    Knicks have all their draft picks going forward.
    Lee is also a bad one. 4 years @12 mill aav, no? With a decreasing cap

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Lee is also a bad one. 4 years @12 mill aav, no? With a decreasing cap
    how is that a bad contract? probably one of the more reasonable deals signed last summer.

3 & D guys like Carroll, Bazemore, Deng (who isn't 3 OR D anymore..lol) got much more.

Lee is a solid starter that every team needs.

Cap was $92m this past summer and is going to $103m next year no? I don't think it's decreasing long term and certainly not enough to affect Lee's deal.

they certainly do not have "lots of bad contractS"
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 02-11-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    how is that a bad contract? probably one of the more reasonable deals signed last summer.

3 & D guys like Carroll, Bazemore, Deng (who isn't 3 OR D anymore..lol) got much more.

Lee is a solid starter that every team needs.

Cap was $92m this past summer and is going to $103m next year no? I don't think it's decreasing long term and certainly not enough to affect Lee's deal.

they certainly do not have "lots of bad contractS"
    Is Carmelo no longer a Knick? His contract and Noah's are two of the worst contracts in the NBA. No good free agents will be signing to play for New York. They are the worst run organization in the NBA and are doomed to win nothing for the lifetime of anyone posting on this site. They are the cancer of the NBA.

Chicago at least just need to replace their GM's, Wade will be gone next year and they can demand a ton for Butler if they wish to tank. The Kings are stuck in mediocracy and might a swell tank because the Warriors and San Antonio aren't gong anywhere.

Can I select none of the above...lol ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast