Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would there be repercussions for blatant tanking?

I know that the 76ers have tanked the past few years and there were no fine penalties, or anything for it- except for a lack of revenue, and attendance.

With the Jabari injury and the season looking like a losss, the Bucks are 4.5 games from the #3 odds.

Now say they realize this is the best class in years and decide to rest and DNP Giannis, and Middleon (after he rehabs back into forum) and they just practice and do simulated workouts instead.

This would be strictly a business decision and could pay off big time seeing the 2017 class is apparently the best in years.

The starting lineup would be:

Delly
    Brogden
    Beasley/Snell
    Maker
    Moose

Would the NBA be able to levvy any fines or penalties?
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I know that the 76ers have tanked the past few years and there were no fine penalties, or anything for it- except for a lack of revenue, and attendance.

With the Jabari injury and the season looking like a losss, the Bucks are 4.5 games from the #3 odds.

Now say they realize this is the best class in years and decide to rest and DNP Giannis, and Middleon (after he rehabs back into forum) and they just practice and do simulated workouts instead.

This would be strictly a business decision and could pay off big time seeing the 2017 class is apparently the best in years.

The starting lineup would be:

Delly
    Brogden
    Beasley/Snell
    Maker
    Moose

Would the NBA be able to levvy any fines or penalties?
    Obviously the league doesn't care if you blow things up, the only time a team has shamelessly tanked is the 76ers , and the league only seemed slightly frustrated. However Philly (If Embiid stays healthy) might have the last laugh. What's the difference from what Philly did for three season and what the Kings have done for a decade? The bucks should shop all their vets

The repercussion is you suck for a long time.

no, otherwise Philly would have felt the wrath by now

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The repercussion is you suck for a long time.
    I'm saying the Bucks do it for half a season, get a higher pick. They wont lose season tickets and the single game tickets will be marginal

As a Bucks fan, having picked late lottery too many times I think we as fans would appreciate them taking for half a season. Honestly believe that.

I'm saying the Bucks do it for half a season, get a higher pick. They wont lose season tickets and the single game tickets will be marginal
    Ah, I see what you're saying.

I think it would depend on how blatant the tanking would be. Imagine if the Clippers say decided next season to bench Paul, Griffin and Jordan for 60+ games under the guise of injury or rest. Then get the high pick and start that guy.

I think it'd be pretty blatant but it may allow them to compete with the Warriors lol

As a Bucks fan, having picked late lottery too many times I think we as fans would appreciate them taking for half a season. Honestly believe that.
    As a Blazer fan, as many times as we've ****ed up a top 2 pick, I'm not sure I want us picking that high ever again

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ah, I see what you're saying.

I think it would depend on how blatant the tanking would be. Imagine if the Clippers say decided next season to bench Paul, Griffin and Jordan for 60+ games under the guise of injury or rest. Then get the high pick and start that guy.

I think it'd be pretty blatant but it may allow them to compete with the Warriors lol
    Say you trade Monroe and you have a team starting:

Delly
    Broggy
    snell
    Maker
    Roy hibbert

Maker and Broggy are the only ones worth developing. Probably worse than most teams they are competing with in the lottery minus NJ and possibly LAL. Could easily end up at the #3 odds.

They won't rest Giannis, Middleton will replace Parker, and you have already won 22 games. Even playing terrible the rest of the year, you accidentally win another 7-8 games, putting you well outside the odds for the top pick.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    They won't rest Giannis, Middleton will replace Parker, and you have already won 22 games. Even playing terrible the rest of the year, you accidentally win another 7-8 games, putting you well outside the odds for the top pick.
    I'm not talking top pick. We all know aint no one stopping the nets. I'm talking top 5 odds.

Sure there's consequences. They make you hire a Colangelo.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Sure there's consequences. They make you hire a Colangelo.

The fun thing is... We tanked but still werent as bad on purpose in some years as say the knicks and now the lakers... All those people that hated on us for tanking and there were oh so many are no praying for tanking... No lie.. When the lakers tanked the first year they said to me its just 1 year compared to what ended up being 3 for philly... The lakers are now in year 3 of their tank just like that.

What philly did is bad and should be outlawed but again what the lakers did was worse... They tanked but sold their fan base on guys like hibbert and kept their tickets and **** sky high and rode kobe into a grave... That is just as bad or worse... We tanked... It was bad but we cut prices and didnt **** on our fanbase.

As for the topic you cant do anything about tanking... Tanking isnt the ****ing issue... the issue is the super team ******** and stars only wanting to play with stars and or perfect ideal situations... That literally means as a franchise you either get ****ing hella lucky like the thunder did or you are stuck in mediocrity for years while trying to be competitive only to be ousted over and over with 0 chance at winning... **** that... As a sixer fan we dealt with that **** from 03-2012 and its so much ****ing worse then tanking. The league needs to fix the top heavy **** asap before they worry about ****ing tanking.

Look at Boston right now... as good as they are they stand no chance at a title... They are going to try and trade for a butler/George and the only reason they have that situation is quite literally the worst trade of all time... In this league with the spurs/Warriors/Cavs you need to tank or luck into the perfect situation.

Look at the Thunder... No ****ing chance with a superstar and top 3 player in the game... That literally is telling because of how loaded everyone else is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast