Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Had the Clippers been health each year with CP3, would they have won?

It seems like every year the Clippers deal with an extended injury to either Chris Paul, or Blake Griffin, or both.

To start the season, the Clippers were on pace to win 60 games and looked as though they could pose a real challenge to the Warriors.

The Blake went down. He's come back, but Paul went down. Every year we see this, and come to appreciate how good each player is because they manage to keep the team afloat by themselves.

Usually, during playoffs, both players are around, but their seedings gets impacted, or one is not at 100%.

So the question is, had the Clippers been healthy every season since CP3 arrive, would they have been able to win it all?

Would they have been able to get to the finals?

Thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

No. Chris Paul has never been able to lead a team to success in the post season and that stems all the way back to college. His team's can't ever get over the hump and it certainly wouldn't have happened this year. I have always felt like he and Blake keep each other from being their best selves.

Year one cp3 injured himself vs the grizzlies but the team still overachieved and won without hca. When they played the spurs pop made note of the fact that that's not how a healthy cp3 moves. At full health maybe they win a game but spurs absolutely advance. Blake and dj were pups who could get shut down and couldn't return the favor.

Year2 cp3 was healthy but blake was badly hurt and we had lost the bigs from the year prior that contained Memphis. Plus they jettisoned Rudy gay and were much improved as a result of losing the guy who could "create his own" shot. Maybe we win that series with a healthy Blake but again he and dj were still pups so not much beyond that.

Year 3 we lost to the better team at basically full health.

Year 4 was painful because i fully believe had cp3 not gotten hurt in that heroic game 7, we cruise through Houston. As it was, a shallow team was exhausted. This is the year i could see the seeding improve but i don't think it would've been necessary had the league done away with the rule they did the very next year as a result of such an unfair first round series. Then we give gs a quality 6 games but ultimately lose. I do like that year more than any other because Blake was finally a playoff performer.

This past season we definitely finish off portland and i could see us forcing curry to play from the onset. We had gained some semblance of depth but i think Cleveland beats them if they make it.

They never win for the simple fact that they don't defend well enough. Blake lacks the talent to play consistent defense and when he does put together those stretches its not exactly dominant and it tires him out completely. Clips struggle with the gauntlet that is the West for those very inconsistencies.

When we had the depth to keep Blake's minutes down he wasn't the playoff performer he is today. That's been the biggest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    It seems like every year the Clippers deal with an extended injury to either Chris Paul, or Blake Griffin, or both.

To start the season, the Clippers were on pace to win 60 games and looked as though they could pose a real challenge to the Warriors.

The Blake went down. He's come back, but Paul went down. Every year we see this, and come to appreciate how good each player is because they manage to keep the team afloat by themselves.

Usually, during playoffs, both players are around, but their seedings gets impacted, or one is not at 100%.

So the question is, had the Clippers been healthy every season since CP3 arrive, would they have been able to win it all?

Thoughts?
    I really doubt it. they have never been higher then the third seed and most years are the 4th seed. cp3 has been about average health wise, Deandre has been near bullet proof, and before last year Blake has been pretty healthy. their core 3 just isn't good enough especially when they could never find a good small forward and have usually had a bad horrendous benches.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post

Thoughts?
    NO , next question

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    No. Chris Paul has never been able to lead a team to success in the post season and that stems all the way back to college. His team's can't ever get over the hump and it certainly wouldn't have happened this year. I have always felt like he and Blake keep each other from being their best selves.
    Take away his Clippers teams because injuries have happened every single year and tell me one team hes had all the way backl to college that should have challenged for a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I really doubt it. they have never been higher then the third seed and most years are the 4th seed. cp3 has been about average health wise, Deandre has been near bullet proof, and before last year Blake has been pretty healthy. their core 3 just isn't good enough especially when they could never find a good small forward and have usually had a bad horrendous benches.
    If you don't think they could have won that's fine, but you cannot argue they've been healthy and that their health issues are not real lol.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Hey JazzNC.... not trying t jump down your throat about this, and I know you usually have pretty good posts, but I think the 'CP3 can't lead his team' argument is BS. If you don't think that they would have won, I respect that, because I'm not sure they would have. That said, I can't think of a player in the league who is a better leader than CP3. There are some guys who I think may be as good, though they have different leadership styles, but there is not a better leader on the floor than CP3.

He reminds me a lot of Jason Kidd, not in terms of style of play (completely different, CP3 is more like an amped up version of Zeke), but in the way they call out on teammates and push them to hustle and work on D and chase after lose balls. The reason he is so good at that is because he holds himself to such a high standard. He doesn't give up on plays, he shares the ball, he isn't selfish, he works hard on every play, and never slacks off on D. So when he calls people out, they know he is holding himself to that same standard.

The impact of this is clear in the productivity of his teams. The Clippers jumped up from less than .400 ball to over .600 ball after acquiring him, and then improve the following two seasons, leading the franchise to its best three-year stretch ever (actually, I'm pretty sure they've never won as many games over any stretch of time equal to CP3's current tenure).

And it's not like the Clippers just got him for nothing. They gave up Chris Kaman, who was a year removed from an All-Star appearance, and Eric Gordon, who had just come off a season where he posted over 22 points a game and almost 5 assists. They gave up two starters for Paul, and saw continued improvement for three seasons, and the 4th season they performed nearly as well as the two before it. The last two seasons they've remained oer .600 despite injuries.

And he did much the same in NO. As a rookie he helped them improve by 20% and they then saw three years of continued growth with him.

The biggest problem he's had is a lack of talent around him. I mean... all he had in NO was David West (who he helped reach his full potential) and Tyson Chandler. In LAC, he's got a upgrade on West with Griffin, and perhaps a lateral move from Chandler to DaJ. But at the end of the day, his coach is to busy trying to find excuses to play his own son rather than win games.

The Clippers not winning it all has nothing to do with CP3 not being able to lead, and everything to do with the lack of talent they've managed to put around him.

I mean, KD had Harden, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Sefolosha, and still could pull off a finals win. That is three MVP candidates, and two defensive juggernauts. Put that level of talent around CP3, and there are titles in the cards.

CP3 is a great leader.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Of any of the modern super stars, CP3 is the one I fault least for a lack of rings or general team success. He's always performed tremendously individually in the playoffs. He's had some insanely clutch moments. He got those New Orleans teams further than they ever had any business to go...and then he went to LAC where luck has just never really broken for him. I really think very little of it is his own fault. There's only so much he can do, and boy has he tried hard.

We're talking about the guy who's 5th all time in WS/48 in the playoffs, behind only Michael, Mikan, Bron and Magic.

Third all time in assists per game in the playoffs, behind only Magic and Stockton.

Sixth all time in PER, behind only Michael, Mikan, LeBron, Shaq and Hakeem.

Third all time in Box Plus/Minus, behind only Michael and LeBron.

A 58.39 TS% and a 53.03% eFG%.

I know that's just numbers, but man...he's been great in the playoffs. Statistically he's also one of the most clutch shooters in the game.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

14-15 they had a legit chance. The rest no. They were the favorite in Vegas for 1 day during the 14-15 playoffs. I actually believed they were the best team. It's hard to blame that meltdown on a CP3 injury. Yes he was injured and missed the 1st 2 games vs Houston. They would have won game 2 and swept the series if Paul wasn't hurt so you can make a point that was the reason. However they had a 26 point lead at home in game 5 and blew the series. I think the real problem for the Clippers has been Blake Griffin. He was AWESOME in 14-15. The 3rd best player in the NBA. He's gone way downhill since then and I couldn't really tell you why. He's been hurt but so far hasn't really had the type's on injuries that slow you down physically, but he has slowed down physically.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Get to the finals maybe, but i have a hard time believing they could win it, to me they are a gimmike team that thrives on flashy plays, that dont convert to playoffs wins as much regular season wins

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Best chance was that year they beat Spurs and then CP3 got hurt against the Rockets, that was the chance I felt they had to get to Finals

and to the person who made this topic CP3 is not a amped up version of Zeke because if not for a phantom like Bird steal and bad ankle sprain in the Finals Zeke would have 4 peated with the Pistons but had to settle for 2 rings, CP3 is a amped up version of Kidd shooting wise minus the rebounds since they play similar styles of being a traditional pure PG and that's being kind since Kidd went to back to back Finals

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Best chance was that year they beat Spurs and then CP3 got hurt against the Rockets, that was the chance I felt they had to get to Finals

and to the person who made this topic CP3 is not a amped up version of Zeke because if not for a phantom like Bird steal and bad ankle sprain in the Finals Zeke would have 4 peated with the Pistons but had to settle for 2 rings, CP3 is a amped up version of Kidd shooting wise minus the rebounds since they play similar styles of being a traditional pure PG and that's being kind since Kidd went to back to back Finals
    🙌🏽

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    Lmfao. How many core 3s, when healthy have done better over the years? They win because their top4 is elite.

Cp3 has LED HIS team further than John Stockton ever did. That's for damn sure. But yeah arbitrary round is arbitrary so we agree on that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast