Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I am not a fan of Lawrie, so it does not for me. But I would understand Coppy getting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Garcia is hurt I say just let Ruiz handle the hot corner.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    If Garcia is hurt I say just let Ruiz handle the hot corner.
    My vote too. Not sure if ATL would do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I didn't see the game, but I did see Garcia came out early with an injury. If it's serious, dose that change some of your minds about Brett?
    Doesn't seem its a bad injury, depends on his price.

But I think Braves would just go with Rio till he was healthy if they need to at all.

Been reading EOF is as healthy as he's been in a while and has regained some sink to his fastball. He's being looked at as legit option out of our pen.

Ruiz and Camargo (big fan of his, he looks to have improved majorly), would do just fine. Ruiz has impressed this spring as well.
    ]

Off subject, but......
    Anybody heard anything else on the Braves interest in Luis Robert, the Cuban prospect?

I haven't seen much chatter on him at all. I would speculate ATL would be interested if he is eligible before June 15. It fits what their focus has been and he fits a position (OF) ATL could use more prospects at. Bidding on him could get pretty fierce as he is rumored to not be far off MLB ready at 19.

^^^^
    He's the kind of top end talent we should bid on from everything I've read. I'm hoping the Braves go hard. No disrespect to Ender, but an outfield with him, Acuna, and Pache in the near future would be exciting.

I agree. And more importantly he give ATL depth in Of prospects. Expecting everyone to develop is foolish. Roberts would give ATL more top end options.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    ^^^^
    He's the kind of top end talent we should bid on from everything I've read. I'm hoping the Braves go hard. No disrespect to Ender, but an outfield with him, Acuna, and Pache in the near future would be exciting.
    Honestly it would be a great pick up. Ender is only 26, so between Robert, Acuna, Pache, Peterson, and Ventura (I think the kid might end up being something). We would have the luxury of only needing two to span out. If three make it and are good enough talent we can trade Ender for a very nice return using the Eaton trade as a measurement.

It is exciting to think about honestly!

Braves claimed Kevin Chapman from the Astros. He's a lefty. I know nothing about him but if the Braves claimed him I assume he throws hard.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Box score makes it seem like Colon was hit hard today. Any qualitative evidence? I didn't watch the game.

ESPN is trying to push a Braves deal for Longoria story. Hope it doesn't happen. He has injury problems, and a contract that runs through his age 37 season. He would block Maitan, too. The Braves aren't once piece away from being a playoff team, anyway.

He gave up like 8 hits from what I was seeing on twitter but they where singles. So kinda in between.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Box score makes it seem like Colon was hit hard today. Any qualitative evidence? I didn't watch the game.

ESPN is trying to push a Braves deal for Longoria story. Hope it doesn't happen. He has injury problems, and a contract that runs through his age 37 season. He would block Maitan, too. The Braves aren't once piece away from being a playoff team, anyway.
    I read that on another site. It mentioned Albies and Newcomb as the center pieces. No disrespect to Evan, but why the hell would the Braves do that? Albies and Newcomb are nearly ready, And I mean seriously close to being ready, so it makes no since for the Braves to do that. As far as blocking Maitan. I don't think it's clear where he will play yet. He could stay at SS, move to 3rd, move to the OF, or end up at 1B if his body continues to mature. So I think it's to early to worry about blocking him.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast