Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hayward Makes the ASG

Congrats to Hayward on the ASG nod!! He has certainly earned it. The guy has turned himself into a helluva player! Couldn't be happier, we have an All Star and we need to keep him.

Rippin' lips son!!

Everyone keeps talking about Rudy being snubbed, but Rudy isn't an All-Star yet. His Defense is elite, and no one is questioning that. But his rebounding and points are not consistent enough to be an all-star. If he was more consistent with those parts of his game he would average more than 12.8 PPG and 12.6 RPG. To be an all-star you need to be better than that.

On the other side of it though, Hayward has been great this season. Very consistent, and he's really been that closer that we have needed. Last night against the Lakers he didn't have a great game, but Garnett after the game said he had an all-star performance. So I think Hayward's performance this year is well worth an all-star appearance. Good work Hayward!! keep up the good work!!

Well deserved this year for Hayward. Some people feel Lillard deserves it over Hayward. Not me. Lillard is a bad defender and an inefficient scorer. Just because a guy takes a bunch of attempts in a loosing effort only to inflate his stats doesn't make him a star. Lillard takes 8 more shots a game than Hayward. I'm very confident Hayward could score a lot more if he forced more attempts. Glad he doesn't, it would hurt the team.

I for one am glad Rudy is not an all star this year. Nothing personal, but Rudy has a chip on his shoulder and I want it to stay there. Last season he was snubbed on the 1st and 2nd all defense teams. I'll bet that motivated him. I would have loved to see him in the all star game. Trying to block layups and dunk attempts from the East non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about Rudy being snubbed, but Rudy isn't an All-Star yet. His Defense is elite, and no one is questioning that. But his rebounding and points are not consistent enough to be an all-star. If he was more consistent with those parts of his game he would average more than 12.8 PPG and 12.6 RPG. To be an all-star you need to be better than that.

On the other side of it though, Hayward has been great this season. Very consistent, and he's really been that closer that we have needed. Last night against the Lakers he didn't have a great game, but Garnett after the game said he had an all-star performance. So I think Hayward's performance this year is well worth an all-star appearance. Good work Hayward!! keep up the good work!!
    I kind of agree but damn, 12.6 rebs per game is pretty damn stout!

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic with Rudy's performance this year, but lets be real, he's being compared to De Andre Jordan in terms of game style. And Jordan gets more rebounds per game, and until paul got hurt, he was averaging 16 ppg as well, I think that's why Jordan gets the nod to all-stars over Gobert this year.

I hope Gobert uses this as fuel to improve and he just explodes offensively next year. That would be awesome.

Means less than nothing. Westbrook is having the best all-around season since Robertson and he's not starting. The stupid ASG is what happens when idiots pick the teams.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post

I wasn't really on the Rudy train of making it, but he 100% deserves it more then Deandre Jordan. very similar offensive numbers(and Deandre gets cp3), but Gobert is a much better defender.

Long time over due, congratulations G-Time!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

we already know what we have in hayward, an asg nod doesn't validate anything. it's cool to add to his resume, but it just drives his price up. should be fun for him though, but that's the extent of the significance.

-chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    we already know what we have in hayward, an asg nod doesn't validate anything. it's cool to add to his resume, but it just drives his price up. should be fun for him though, but that's the extent of the significance.
    Did you see the smile on Hayward's face when he was asked about making the all star team? It matters a lot. At least casual Jazz fans can stop crying about the Jazz not having an all star.

It matters to him and I never disparaged him. As fans, though, it's a pointless popularity contest. So he gets to scrimmage in a 200+ - 200+ point game. It's not an all-NBA team nod or anything.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 02-08-2017 at 09:43 PM.

-chipurmunki