Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 292 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Regarding the wall, a border tax is being discussed as one option. Another option could be placed directly on the back of migrant workers who pay border entry fees when they cross the border at legal checkpoints, so instead of paying whatever the fee is, you add a few dollars. There is also the fee to transfer money via Western Union. All it takes is to charge a wire transfer fee on those transactions from US to Mexican citizens. Think about how that might work. A worker comes to the US illegally and sends money to his family back in Mexico and pays the fee. It is direct and doesn't start a border tax war.

The point is that there are many possibilities under consideration. Spicer mentioned one of them, then walked it back, as did Rence Priebus.

Regarding the cost of the wall, Trump is estimating $8 billion, but $25 billion is the high estimate being floated around.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly.

so initially Congress will pay for the wall, and then the plan is to get the money from Mexico somehow in the future. now there is a suggested 20% tax on goods coming in from Mexico? in end wouldn't the prices go up and it's the American consumer that pays more?
    I feel like I have to be missing something, and/or they need to explain better how this works.
    it could end up working out that Congress pays for the way with tax payer money? and then the American consumer pays more for Mexican goods? so America pays twice? is that right?

I think it would have been better if they/someone could have explained the money saved on spending to the illegal immigrants that will be stopped/prevented by the wall/better border security.
    Asking the right questions, good post.

Regarding the money saved on spending on the illegal immigrants, a n on-profit group has estimated the cost of $113 billion annually, as noted in the Wikipedia site, I'll reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom..._United_States

So if the wall stops 10% of the illegal immigration costs ($11.3 million), it could pay for itself in about 2 years.

There are other studies done by the Heritage Foundation. Here's one from 2010 ( a little old).

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...he-us-taxpayer

I've also read that it costs $64 billion per year just to educate illegal immigrants and I can tell you that with my wife in the education field, she has noticed that there is a significant drain on educational resources. At a time when schools are failing in much of the country and educators like my wife are buying their own school supplies, reduced illegal immigration would be a welcome relief.

Lastly, there are the sociological costs of crime, violence, terrorism and especially drugs. Let's stop illegal drugs from defiling our society and I don't want to hear the BS about legalizing all drugs, because even if they are made legal, black market smuggled drugs won't be regulated. We also don't need criminals fleeing other countries' jails and escaping into our country, no matter how big or small is the number of them, nor do we need terrorists infiltrating refugee streams or just walking casually across our borders.

Whelp, I guess the Department of Education hasn't had people who are racist there in a while. Why not hire someone who is and makes jokes about ignorant black people and saying we need "Islam control"...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Whelp, I guess the Department of Education hasn't had people who are racist there in a while. Why not hire someone who is and makes jokes about ignorant black people and saying we need "Islam control"...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ampaign=buffer
    I agree. Some of the things written in this article as allegedly being said by this individual or passed along as humor are distastefully.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I agree. Some of the things written in this article as allegedly being said by this individual or passed along as humor are distastefully.
    In the link they provide you can see the screenshots.

maybe I should act more like a robot and not disagree with anyone, to make sure I'm not being even a little bit disruptive. but even then it wouldn't matter because apparently I can get a disruptive infraction for not even being disruptive, because apparently being told to put someone on ignore is an order and a RULE despite not actually being listed anywhere on the rules page.

something about a wall, blah blah blah. I would like to see the wall cost explained more. I would think/hope people in position would know that the cost would be passed on to the consumer for those goods. maybe it's a bluff or something to get Mexico to cave?
    If it's a bluff, then trump is truly stupider than anyone could've imagined. This is not business, this is politics. There's nothing to bluff. Mexico won't pay for the wall, period. Period. Period.

The Mexican president's career would be over if he paid for the wall, so there's nothing to bluff. Bluffing is for when the other person has a choice to make and you want to persuade them to make one over the over. In this case there is no choice to make. No Mexican official will agree to pay for the wall, if they do then their career is over, so there's really no choice on mexico's end. They're just not paying for it, conversation over (for them).

We're impressed by you because finally you ARENT being a robot that just mindlessly agrees with trump. You actually took a critical look at something he said (regardless if you agree with him or not, that's not even the point). That's the first time I ever recall you doing that, it's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Regarding the money saved on spending on the illegal immigrants, a n on-profit group has estimated the cost of $113 billion annually, as noted in the Wikipedia site, I'll reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom..._United_States

So if the wall stops 10% of the illegal immigration costs ($11.3 million), it could pay for itself in about 2 years.

There are other studies done by the Heritage Foundation. Here's one from 2010 ( a little old).

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...he-us-taxpayer

I've also read that it costs $64 billion per year just to educate illegal immigrants and I can tell you that with my wife in the education field, she has noticed that there is a significant drain on educational resources. At a time when schools are failing in much of the country and educators like my wife are buying their own school supplies, reduced illegal immigration would be a welcome relief.

Lastly, there are the sociological costs of crime, violence, terrorism and especially drugs. Let's stop illegal drugs from defiling our society and I don't want to hear the BS about legalizing all drugs, because even if they are made legal, black market smuggled drugs won't be regulated. We also don't need criminals fleeing other countries' jails and escaping into our country, no matter how big or small is the number of them, nor do we need terrorists infiltrating refugee streams or just walking casually across our borders.
    How is a wall gonna stop 10% of illegal immigration costs? They're already here. The hell is a wall gonna do? All it's gonna do is stop new illegals from entering via that route. I doubt that in of itself will lower cost by 10%, i don't know, the **** sound like common ****in sense to me, but maybe I'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If it's a bluff, then trump is truly stupider than anyone could've imagined. This is not business, this is politics. There's nothing to bluff. Mexico won't pay for the wall, period. Period. Period.

The Mexican president's career would be over if he paid for the wall, so there's nothing to bluff. Bluffing is for when the other person has a choice to make and you want to persuade them to make one over the over. In this case there is no choice to make. No Mexican official will agree to pay for the wall, if they do then their career is over, so there's really no choice on mexico's end. They're just not paying for it, conversation over (for them).

We're impressed by you because finally you ARENT being a robot that just mindlessly agrees with trump. You actually took a critical look at something he said (regardless if you agree with him or not, that's not even the point). That's the first time I ever recall you doing that, it's a step in the right direction.
    I questioned the 20% tax because it really didn't make sense, and they themselves saw that and have walked back on that idea. this 20% tax wont happen, and was just one idea floated out there. with this taken off the table I see nothing different than before it was brought up.

I understand Mexico being upset that they're being told they're going to pay for the wall. I don't think Trump supporters really saw this as something that Mexico was going to be given a bill and expecting them to write a check to cover it.
    there are other ways this wall can be paid for whether it's Mexico or not Mexico.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I understand Mexico being upset that they're being told they're going to pay for the wall. I don't think Trump supporters really saw this as something that Mexico was going to be given a bill and expecting them to write a check to cover it.
    there are other ways this wall can be paid for whether it's Mexico or not Mexico.
    And if it isn't Mexico it's just another lie by Trump that you will go out of your way to defend?

He said they would pay. They won't. "Well I guess this thing he built his campaign on is never going to happen but but"

Try and apply this logic to any Obama let down in the past 8 years and see how fervently you defend it.

Trump lied. Now he's ordering the building of a wall that advisers have told him is way more expensive than he thought and he's going to make Americans pay to lose workers.

You don't have to attach yourself to everything he does, y'know? Even if for some bizarre reason you support Trump you are allowed to be upset if he does something dumb(this gives you a lot of opportunities)

Politics is a lot more nuanced than "a bad b good" but you don't seen to interested in that.

I questioned the 20% tax because it really didn't make sense, and they themselves saw that and have walked back on that idea. this 20% tax wont happen, and was just one idea floated out there. with this taken off the table I see nothing different than before it was brought up.

What you should see different is that Mexico will not pay for the wall. Not because they don't want to, but because it is simply not an option for them. Trump can say whatever he wants but we all know the Mexican president is the one who cancelled on trump. Now I have seen him broken down from a man to a little boy once already (see presidential debate #1), and I kind of see it happening again. The bully picked a fight that he can't win, he can however save face by ****ing over his own citizens. I hope he doesn't, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How is a wall gonna stop 10% of illegal immigration costs? They're already here. The hell is a wall gonna do? All it's gonna do is stop new illegals from entering via that route. I doubt that in of itself will lower cost by 10%, i don't know, the **** sound like common ****in sense to me, but maybe I'm wrong...
    This had be laughing quite loudly. So I'm going to do something that I have never done (feel free to check out all my posts here and tweets).

You sir get my first ever LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This had be laughing quite loudly. So I'm going to do something that I have never done (feel free to check out all my posts here and tweets).

You sir get my first ever LOL...
    haha, nice, I feel humbly honored
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If my net taxes are slashed I could care less if I'm paying for the wall. We are paying for a bunch of dumb, wasteful **** with our taxes as it is, always have and always will.