Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Pretty much agree with your thoughts on restructures and resigns. I think we'd be foolish to let Micah Hyde walk, the way he stepped up at the end of the season. I would have considered cutting Cobb, but he has too much guarenteed money, so cutting him wasn't worth it.

I'd love to add a good CB in free agency, but this is Green Bay and Ted Thompson, so don't hold your breath.
    Doesn't look like a strong draft for CB's either. Wouldn't mind a FA D Lineman, but I'd be completely thrilled with 1 decent FA signing and I pray that it be a CB.
    You have to resign one of Lang or Tretter and let the other walk so you can resign some of the defensive guys.

From what I've heard and see projected, CB is very deep in this year's draft and there's not much separation between the top 3 and #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Hey, I hope you're right. But I got tired of under-guessing every single contract years ago.
    Lol, touchť.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

I can't believe some of you guys are still around....crazy. Well I thought I'd weigh in on our guys and the only way to do that is with a long post.

We must resign Tretter, the bad thing is heís been hurt 3 out of the past 4 years but heís been really valuable along the line. Russ Ball is good at coming up with contracts that motivate these kind of guys even if the injuries arenít their fault. Iíd expect a 3-4 year deal to Tretter and overpay slightly based on the fact that he can play all 5 positions. Lang is gone I believe, heís been a good player for us. The only way I see him coming back is if teams shy away from him because of his injury(s) which would lower his price to a manageable price for us.

We gotta get Cook back but nothing outrageous. Heís also a guy that has been injured a lot in his career. He signed a 1 year prove it deal last year which he proved that when he was on the field he was a huge weapon. Heís 29 so this will most likely be his last payday. I just hope we get him at a reasonable price and not overpay for an injury prone guy.

Lacy is an interesting one. I believe weíll cut Starks and not resign Michael which means we need a guy. I could see us signing Lacy to a prove it deal. Only thing that would stop that is if a team offers him a starting role (like the NYG), but I wouldnít imagine that would be the case considering his numbers have gone down and his weight has increased every year. Regardless, we canít go into the season with TY as our only guy he isnít going to last 16 games unless he gets more built for the position.

Hyde is a guy that I consider a top priority for us. Heís shown his value as a safety, slot corner and a playmaker. We donít have many of those on the team and we let one go last year so we need to learn from that and keep the ones we got. Shields will be released and we now know that Randall and Rollins canít be trusted to cover top flight receivers but are good enough for #2 or #3 guys which we already got in Gunter. I donít believe weíll draft another corner because we got too many of those guys as it is. I could see us drafting one in the mid-early rounds for more depth but what we need is a proven guy that can cover #1 receivers on a short term deal to bridge the gap with our young guys. I donít see anyone on the free agents list that makes sense right now and I would suspect Ted wouldnít take any of those guys anyway because he doesnít want to lose a draft pick. It would be a guy that gets cut.

Most are all over Nick Perryís dick, Iím still leery of the guy. Heís injury prone and played through injuries this year most likely based off of it being a contract year. He put up good numbers and pass rusher is what we need but Iím still not sold. Heíll look for a good payday (from anyone) because heís young and knows this could be the only big one heíd get. Iíd expect pass rusher to be a position we look at very early in this draft. Iím disappointed with Datone Jones but Iíd expect to see him back on a 1 year prove it deal. Seems like Ted doesnít like letting those guys just walk that quickly. Peppers will be gone. No need for him anymore.

Great post Wis.
    Don't be a stranger around here!

Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I can't believe some of you guys are still around....crazy. Well I thought I'd weigh in on our guys and the only way to do that is with a long post.

We must resign Tretter, the bad thing is heís been hurt 3 out of the past 4 years but heís been really valuable along the line. Russ Ball is good at coming up with contracts that motivate these kind of guys even if the injuries arenít their fault. Iíd expect a 3-4 year deal to Tretter and overpay slightly based on the fact that he can play all 5 positions. Lang is gone I believe, heís been a good player for us. The only way I see him coming back is if teams shy away from him because of his injury(s) which would lower his price to a manageable price for us.

We gotta get Cook back but nothing outrageous. Heís also a guy that has been injured a lot in his career. He signed a 1 year prove it deal last year which he proved that when he was on the field he was a huge weapon. Heís 29 so this will most likely be his last payday. I just hope we get him at a reasonable price and not overpay for an injury prone guy.

Lacy is an interesting one. I believe weíll cut Starks and not resign Michael which means we need a guy. I could see us signing Lacy to a prove it deal. Only thing that would stop that is if a team offers him a starting role (like the NYG), but I wouldnít imagine that would be the case considering his numbers have gone down and his weight has increased every year. Regardless, we canít go into the season with TY as our only guy he isnít going to last 16 games unless he gets more built for the position.

Hyde is a guy that I consider a top priority for us. Heís shown his value as a safety, slot corner and a playmaker. We donít have many of those on the team and we let one go last year so we need to learn from that and keep the ones we got. Shields will be released and we now know that Randall and Rollins canít be trusted to cover top flight receivers but are good enough for #2 or #3 guys which we already got in Gunter. I donít believe weíll draft another corner because we got too many of those guys as it is. I could see us drafting one in the mid-early rounds for more depth but what we need is a proven guy that can cover #1 receivers on a short term deal to bridge the gap with our young guys. I donít see anyone on the free agents list that makes sense right now and I would suspect Ted wouldnít take any of those guys anyway because he doesnít want to lose a draft pick. It would be a guy that gets cut.

Most are all over Nick Perryís dick, Iím still leery of the guy. Heís injury prone and played through injuries this year most likely based off of it being a contract year. He put up good numbers and pass rusher is what we need but Iím still not sold. Heíll look for a good payday (from anyone) because heís young and knows this could be the only big one heíd get. Iíd expect pass rusher to be a position we look at very early in this draft. Iím disappointed with Datone Jones but Iíd expect to see him back on a 1 year prove it deal. Seems like Ted doesnít like letting those guys just walk that quickly. Peppers will be gone. No need for him anymore.
    I wouldn't say Cook has been injured a lot.
    2016-High ankle sprain missed several weeks
    2012- Torn rotators cuff placed on IR
    2011- bruised knee and left the game early but didnt miss a game.
    2009- Concussion left game early and ankle sprain which he missed 2 games.

Not bad IMO

#iamgute

No reason to let Lang go imo. Unless he wants some unrealistic contract. One injury to Lang's replacement next year and just like that the strongest part of 2016s team is greatly lessened. Injuries must be taken into account this offseason. We have been good with O line depth of late, let's make sure it stays like that.

Also no possible way they can go into next season with Randall, Rollins, Gunter, Mid Round Pick, Random UDFAs.

You have zero ambition to win a super bowl in 2017 if you don't sign a guy because you are afraid of losing a late round comp pick. That's a joke.

who the hell is this guy?

I think he needs a perma

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    No reason to let Lang go imo. Unless he wants some unrealistic contract. One injury to Lang's replacement next year and just like that the strongest part of 2016s team is greatly lessened. Injuries must be taken into account this offseason. We have been good with O line depth of late, let's make sure it stays like that.

Also no possible way they can go into next season with Randall, Rollins, Gunter, Mid Round Pick, Random UDFAs.

You have zero ambition to win a super bowl in 2017 if you don't sign a guy because you are afraid of losing a late round comp pick. That's a joke.
    He wasn't advocating going into next year with just Randalls, Rollins, Gunter, mid round and UDFAs he is for signing a FA but, probably won't be someone who is a FA that will cost TT a draft pick it will probably be someone who got cut from a team as most likely a cap casualty.

RIP Gene Wilder

Spotrac has some wild market value numbers for our FAs.

Lacy @ 5.1 for 3
    Lang @ 8.4 for 4
    Tretter @8.7 for 4

Then I guess Perry @ 8.4 for 5 is about right as well as Cook @ 3.3 for 4. Hyde didn't have a projection.

Can't possibly give Lacy anything close to that. Super high for both the OL men too. Lang MAYBE is close but that's a ton for Tretter.

Just thought it was odd how they were pretty spot on for Perry and Cook but the other 3 were high imo (but are they right). What do we think ?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    He wasn't advocating going into next year with just Randalls, Rollins, Gunter, mid round and UDFAs he is for signing a FA but, probably won't be someone who is a FA that will cost TT a draft pick it will probably be someone who got cut from a team as most likely a cap casualty.
    I realize he is speaking based on what TT will most likey do. I just can't see how that's a smart way to go about it. But then again maybe my post above this shows why we can't go as big in FA as I thought.

I'm 100% with you on Perry. But I don't want to pay Tretter. But like me and cheese were talking, I probably think JC will get more money than most do. I just have a feeling with that versatility and maybe someone thinking he's a tackle, that hurts us. I just can't envision Perry living up to whatever deal he gets. I just can't. But I can get why you bring him back because those guys aren't easy to find either.

I think Jones will come back cheap too and might even surprise in that short deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

What's up Wis.

I don't think Lang will be gone. I would hope that we could resign both Lang and Tretter, but it may not be possible. I think we can get Lang back on a team friendly deal and Tretter back on a prove it deal, but his deal would be 2-3 years tops. I can't see anything longer than that for him, considering his injury history.

I also agree on Cook, but feel that we need to draft fairly high on TE. It's a pretty deep class, I could honestly see us taking a TE with our first round pick. I don't think TT gives Cook anything more than 2-3 years at 4-5 per year.

Lacy will be back and should. I'm guessing he is going to get a 1 year prove it deal somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5.

100% agreed. No sense in upsetting the secondary's apple cart again. He's not a #1 guy at any position, but can cover TE and also helps tremendously in the return game.

I think we are in a tough spot with Perry. I think he has to be resigned, but how much are we willing to pay for him? A lot of discussion on here have people saying to cut CMIII, but I don't see how we can with Perry a FA and little or nothing else at the position. I think there's a slight possibility that Peppers is back on a 1 year deal, team friendly, simply trying to win a SB.

I'm 100% with you on Perry. But I don't want to pay Tretter. But like me and cheese were talking, I probably think JC will get more money than most do. I just have a feeling with that versatility and maybe someone thinking he's a tackle, that hurts us. I just can't envision Perry living up to whatever deal he gets. I just can't. But I can get why you bring him back because those guys aren't easy to find either.

I think Jones will come back cheap too and might even surprise in that short deal.
    The pro-Tretter camp (which I'm) in, makes you want to resign him just simply because of the injuries that we deal with. If the staff thinks Spriggs is the same guy, then Tretter won't be back. I don't see TT letting Lang go - he means too much to TT as a "I told you so" guy getting drafted in the fourth round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Spotrac has some wild market value numbers for our FAs.

Lacy @ 5.1 for 3
    Lang @ 8.4 for 4
    Tretter @8.7 for 4

Then I guess Perry @ 8.4 for 5 is about right as well as Cook @ 3.3 for 4. Hyde didn't have a projection.

Can't possibly give Lacy anything close to that. Super high for both the OL men too. Lang MAYBE is close but that's a ton for Tretter.

Just thought it was odd how they were pretty spot on for Perry and Cook but the other 3 were high imo (but are they right). What do we think ?
    I know guards and centers are a bit easier to find, but the draft is generally considered fairly weak for offensive linemen. That in itself will likely cause the better offensive linemen contracts to swell. If tretter and Lang are viewed as two of the better guys on the market, they will get paid more than we probably think if they truly want to maximize their value.

Again, I know tackle is weaker in the league and the draft, but so many teams need offensive linemen. There's quite a few bad lines, so I can see that position really being a commodity this offseason.

The perry thing is tough for me. I get what you guys are saying. He's going to get paid and he prett much never plays a full season. But if we don't bring him back, what are we going to do at OLB, start clay and either jones, fackerall or a rookie? That's where perry fits for me. I just don't think we can get a better option that can even be counted on some. In an ideal world, we'd resign perry and draft an OLB early. If that OLB is a stud and takes off, then we can either keep rotating, or it allows us to. I've on from clay.

I could see jones coming back in a cheap deal. However, I could also see him wanting to sign a one year prove it deal in a 4-3 defense though too. After being drafted, I thought jones would have been an ideal 3-4 end. Problem is, we don't actually play a 3-4. We basically play a 2-4, which puts the ends in a different spot than a traditional 3-4. Moving him to OLB was better than being one of two down linemen, but still probably not an ideal spot for him.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 01-26-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Not really a roster move but....

Clements contract expired and he is moving on to other opportunities. That is the only change to the coaching staff per MM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Not really a roster move but....

Clements contract expired and he is moving on to other opportunities. That is the only change to the coaching staff per MM.
    Saw that too - wonder what his "other interests" are? Might be a flier for University of Iowa QB/WR coach

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast