Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: OT thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I Know right?

Where's the fireman been?
    Back in the trunk?
    Actually we should ask 1903.
    1903, any RC sightings in Canada? Sometimes he gets kkdnapped and ends up there walking around in a daze, with his pants and underwear around his ankles and rope burns on his wrists . If you chase him, he runs like benny hill.
    Been busy and this forum isn't what it use to be so I check it every few days.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Been busy and this forum isn't what it use to be so I check it every few days.
    Understood

I hope you and your calves are well!

**** off. Where's my title

Understood

I hope you and your calves are well!
    Yes and no. Nearly 14 weeks into physical therapy and my left calf has been all over the place. Some days better the others, ended up taking off work today and tomorrow to get some more tests run. I considered acupuncture but the doctor I went to see didn't make me feel at ease so I decided against it. Tomorrow is for an MRI then that will decide the next course of action. It'll either be: continue PT, go to a rheumatologist, neurologist or orthopedist. They ruled out a clot from the beginning and they're doubtful its a cyst, but given a normal person's general reaction to the therapy I've been going through, it's generally a 6-8 week max recovery time given my physical fitness level and body structure. I'm 14 weeks into it. So I'm not really sure how it's going to unfold going forward, it's slightly concerning that I'm where I'm at, after this amount of time.

Yes and no. Nearly 14 weeks into physical therapy and my left calf has been all over the place. Some days better the others, ended up taking off work today and tomorrow to get some more tests run. I considered acupuncture but the doctor I went to see didn't make me feel at ease so I decided against it. Tomorrow is for an MRI then that will decide the next course of action. It'll either be: continue PT, go to a rheumatologist, neurologist or orthopedist. They ruled out a clot from the beginning and they're doubtful its a cyst, but given a normal person's general reaction to the therapy I've been going through, it's generally a 6-8 week max recovery time given my physical fitness level and body structure. I'm 14 weeks into it. So I'm not really sure how it's going to unfold going forward, it's slightly concerning that I'm where I'm at, after this amount of time.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear.
    What is it feeling like? A knot? A bruise? Sharp? Dull and Achy? Have you tried heat instead of cold? Have you noticed an other changes on a physical or emotional lever that coincided with the injury? You can PM me if you want.

What did the DR say? If you want to get acupuncture, go to an acupuncturist, not a Dr. Dr's take a very short course and really don't know diddly about it. There are MDs who actually take the full course load and they are amazing.
    I have I can check and see if my good friend is near you. He's really, really good

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear.
    What is it feeling like? A knot? A bruise? Sharp? Dull and Achy? Have you tried heat instead of cold? Have you noticed an other changes on a physical or emotional lever that coincided with the injury? You can PM me if you want.

What did the DR say? If you want to get acupuncture, go to an acupuncturist, not a Dr. Dr's take a very short course and really don't know diddly about it. There are MDs who actually take the full course load and they are amazing.
    I have I can check and see if my good friend is near you. He's really, really good
    Thanks bud. I appreciate that.

Yes, heat has generally been done as part of the electro stimatuonal part of my PT. I find at home it actually causes the pain to get worse. Maybe due to a pooling of blood in my calf? I'm not sure I've never dealt with this before. Wearing compression sleeves over my calves seems to also help.

They just gave me some Pennsaid diclofenac sodium topical solution, which I've heard some really good things about.

I have an appointment set up with an orthopedic surgeon who comes highly recommended. He specializes in sports injuries, which this was. So that's my next step. That's on Thursday.

Also, I haven't noticed any other changes outside of occasionally the desire to sleep longer then I normally need. I'm not sure if it's just not a little bit of depression at this point, or lack of my physical activity over 3 months has been minimal. Or combination of both.

I'm in western Suffolk, on the south shore. The place I was going for acupuncture was by an OMD(Oriental? Medical doctor?) with over 20 years of experience. This is her bio.

https://acupuncturists.healthprofs.c...ew+York_512320

Yes, heat has generally been done as part of the electro stimatuonal part of my PT. I find at home it actually causes the pain to get worse. Maybe due to a pooling of blood in my calf? I'm not sure I've never dealt with this before. Wearing compression sleeves over my calves seems to also help.

They just gave me some Pennsaid diclofenac sodium topical solution, which I've heard some really good things about.

I have an appointment set up with an orthopedic surgeon who comes highly recommended. He specializes in sports injuries, which this was. So that's my next step. That's on Thursday.

Also, I haven't noticed any other changes outside of occasionally the desire to sleep longer then I normally need. I'm not sure if it's just not a little bit of depression at this point, or lack of my physical activity over 3 months has been minimal. Or combination of both.

I'm in western Suffolk, on the south shore. The place I was going for acupuncture was by an OMD(Oriental? Medical doctor?) with over 20 years of experience. This is her bio.

Cool. She's an LAc. It may not be her specialty. I sent an email to a good friend to see if he's out that way.

Have you rolled out your feet? The problem may be in the feet and causing or contributing to the calf.
    If it were me, I would get a lacrosse ball or golf ball and roll it under my feet. The I got to a sticky, hot or painful area, I would try to let my foot sink deeper, melt around the ball and breath. Then search for more spots and repeat.
    Muscle or tendon constriction in the feet can cause achilles, calf, hamstring, lower-middle-upper back, neck issues and even headaches. I have stopped peoples back pain and achilles pain from suggesting they roll their feet.
    If it were me, I'd also do exercises like trying to pick up marbles or crumple up a dish towel with my toes.

Where is the primary area of the issue in the calf itself? Is it upper, lower, middle? Medial or lateral aspect? Superficial, middle or deep level?

Does it restrict your ROM? If so, how?

Hope you get better, RCS.

is that what you and oak are calling it it nowadays?

Cool. She's an LAc. It may not be her specialty. I sent an email to a good friend to see if he's out that way.

Have you rolled out your feet? The problem may be in the feet and causing or contributing to the calf.
    If it were me, I would get a lacrosse ball or golf ball and roll it under my feet. The I got to a sticky, hot or painful area, I would try to let my foot sink deeper, melt around the ball and breath. Then search for more spots and repeat.
    Muscle or tendon constriction in the feet can cause achilles, calf, hamstring, lower-middle-upper back, neck issues and even headaches. I have stopped peoples back pain and achilles pain from suggesting they roll their feet.
    If it were me, I'd also do exercises like trying to pick up marbles or crumple up a dish towel with my toes.

Where is the primary area of the issue in the calf itself? Is it upper, lower, middle? Medial or lateral aspect? Superficial, middle or deep level?

Does it restrict your ROM? If so, how?
    So many medical terms, it's hurting my little brain. I'll try to find out the info, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Hope you get better, RCS.
    Thanks Canuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post

Shut your mouth , that's oaks man

Yea RCS get well soon

Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post

Jealously, such an ugly color.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    Yea RCS get well soon
    Thank you kind stranger.

Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast