Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 414 of 422 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 6318
  1. #6196
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,649
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I asked her for more detail onto why she doesn't feel we personally need booster shots, she's been busy with work. This article was released today and she sent it to me and said to pass it along to whom was asking for the elaboration. She is by no means(nor am I) suggesting to others what they should or shouldn't do, this is just her opinion as an RN whom spent 2020 and 2021 as an RN in her hospitals main unit used for covid and has since moved onto being a critical care nurse who still treats covid patients but not in same work load.

    https://time.com/6246525/bivalent-bo...ve-paul-offit/

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Interesting. Though the article doesn't seem to be saying that booster shots are no longer necessary but that some people might be better suited taking another booster of the original shot, as opposed to getting the newer booster shots aimed at more current variants.

    Maybe that's what both of you actually were getting at but I'm not sure.

  2. #6197
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,174
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Interesting. Though the article doesn't seem to be saying that booster shots are no longer necessary but that some people might be better suited taking another booster of the original shot, as opposed to getting the newer booster shots aimed at more current variants.

    Maybe that's what both of you actually were getting at but I'm not sure.
    They do mention that as a possibility but

    What these few experts are also suggesting in this article is that most people are only getting mild infections from the newest variants, and that boosters are needed to help the immune system of those that are in higher risk categories. Healthy immune systems seem to be handling the virus itself with mild symptoms.

    That's her take as well, and why she doesn't feel we(as in her and I) need to get the boosters as we don't fall into these categories. That's why I shared the article, to articulate her feelings as requested.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-12-2023 at 03:57 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #6198
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    PSD is what's known as a "public forum". Thanks though.
    Ditto
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  4. #6199
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    was it Irabu that King George called him a fat toad for loafing and burning heaters in the dugout?
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  5. #6200
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    was it Irabu that King George called him a fat toad for loafing and burning heaters in the dugout?
    George Steinbrenner to label him indelibly as ďa fat, pus-sy toad,Ē



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #6201
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    I was watching a Yankee game on UTube from Sept 1986 and it was during pre game and King George was in the booth and he was calling out his troops for the amount of money he was paying them and the record the team had. He said they can drive cabs for their wages if they donít want to hear me complain and call them out for poor performanceÖ.He said there will be major changes for 1987Ö...LMAO

    I miss George. Hal doesnít say anything Ö..
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  7. #6202
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    And this is why the NFL should have played that game.

    Buffalo could have been playing Jacksonville this weekend instead of having to play the Bengals. KC got the huge benefit and Buffalo beat them earlier this season and would have won the tiebreaker.

    KC vs Jacksonville should not be happing.

    It should be Buffalo vs KC

    I just feel Buffalo would have won on that Monday night that was cancelled. Total BS on the NFL.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  8. #6203
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    KC should have never played Jacksonville. NFL is a joke.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  9. #6204
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    LeBron vs Kareem with the all time NBA points?

    Iíll take Kareem over LeBron on any day with regards to golf points. Jacking up 3ís in that weak *** league is nothin got brag about.

    Kareem had the hard earned 2 points for his accumulation.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  10. #6205
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    LeBron vs Kareem with the all time NBA points?

    Iíll take Kareem over LeBron on any day with regards to golf points. Jacking up 3ís in that weak *** league is nothin got brag about.

    Kareem had the hard earned 2 points for his accumulation.
    100%
    I would add that no one is allowed to touch Bronbron. People were beating the hell out of Kareem (And every other guy trying to score)
    Bron is very much like Brady. There is no doubt they are all time greats. But they have both benefitted more than any two players from rule changes to their respective sports.
    They got to play not only by different rules but they were officiated differently.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #6206
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24,124
    I think thereís pretty much no situation you can say Lebron isnít at worst top 5 all time. And I say that as someone that isnít a fan. Iíd probably put him at #2. Besides the scoring, his all around game is impressive. And the longevity is even more impressive

    I will say that besides the 3s being the norm now, he benefitted greatly from being allowed to be a point-forward, which was never accepted back in the day. But he would still have been great in any style

  12. #6207
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I think thereís pretty much no situation you can say Lebron isnít at worst top 5 all time. And I say that as someone that isnít a fan. Iíd probably put him at #2. Besides the scoring, his all around game is impressive. And the longevity is even more impressive

    I will say that besides the 3s being the norm now, he benefitted greatly from being allowed to be a point-forward, which was never accepted back in the day. But he would still have been great in any style
    Absolutely top 5 for both names I mentioned.
    Jordan
    Russel
    Then some order of
    Bron-Kareem-Magic-Larry-Kobe

    QB is tougher because of the extremely beneficial rules to the offense and QB protection. The difference between 1/2 a step and hit to 1.5 steps to hit, to 2-3 steps to hit is a massive predictor of longevity and health. It cannot be understated and cannot be ignored. Brady is absolutely top 5. I just don't think he has anywhere close to his numbers without the 7 yard press coverage, changed to 5 yards and more importantly, the QB protection


    Montana
    Unitas
    Elway
    Marino
    Manning
    Brady

    Are all legit top 5 arguments
    I hated him but I would probably put Montana 1, Elway 2, Brady 3, Unitas 4, Manning 5



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #6208
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    24,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Absolutely top 5 for both names I mentioned.
    Jordan
    Russel
    Then some order of
    Bron-Kareem-Magic-Larry-Kobe

    QB is tougher because of the extremely beneficial rules to the offense and QB protection. The difference between 1/2 a step and hit to 1.5 steps to hit, to 2-3 steps to hit is a massive predictor of longevity and health. It cannot be understated and cannot be ignored. Brady is absolutely top 5. I just don't think he has anywhere close to his numbers without the 7 yard press coverage, changed to 5 yards and more importantly, the QB protection


    Montana
    Unitas
    Elway
    Marino
    Manning
    Brady

    Are all legit top 5 arguments
    I hated him but I would probably put Montana 1, Elway 2, Brady 3, Unitas 4, Manning 5
    I donít have Russell, or Kobe that high. Iíd actually have Kobe somewhere 11-15

    QB is tough, Iíd have to put Brady #1

  14. #6209
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,191
    I dislike Lebron about as much as possible, but heís no doubt a top 5 player.

    Russell is the greatest winner of all time and its not close. I'm not sure heís a top 5 player.
    I have Kobe in the 5-10 range

  15. #6210
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%
    I would add that no one is allowed to touch Bronbron. People were beating the hell out of Kareem (And every other guy trying to score)
    Bron is very much like Brady. There is no doubt they are all time greats. But they have both benefitted more than any two players from rule changes to their respective sports.
    They got to play not only by different rules but they were officiated differently.
    Kareem had only one 3 pointer.

    The 3s sped up the process for LeBron for total pointsÖ. Look, I know he is great but the NBA points is so skewed with the 3.

    How many total baskets does Kareem have compared to LeBron?

    Kareem made 15800 FG
    LeBron made 14080

    Case closed! Itís not even close..Why is there any hoopla with this crap?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 02-05-2023 at 03:56 PM.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •