Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 349 of 422 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 6318
  1. #5221
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,191
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    My son made the same play in babe ruth league. He used his glove but nonetheless an unassisted triple play. He ran down the runner from first, caught him as he was diving back to bag.
    wow thats incredible... very, very cool

  2. #5222
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Middle INF catches a ball barehanded, steps on 2nd before the runner can tag up, then tag the runner coming from 1st. I had to cheat and look it up because i couldn't figure out the no glove thing either
    An unassisted triple play has only happened 15 times...
    And funny you should mention unassisted triple plays cause as Iím reading this theyíre showing Randy Velarde doing that exact thing to us in 2000 while he was with the Aís ( I tivoed the game today)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #5223
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    My son made the same play in babe ruth league. He used his glove but nonetheless an unassisted triple play. He ran down the runner from first, caught him as he was diving back to bag.
    Were you at the game? And if you were did it take you a couple seconds to realize ď hey! Thatís a triple play!!Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #5224
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,390
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Were you at the game? And if you were did it take you a couple seconds to realize ď hey! Thatís a triple play!!Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was the coach! Screaming and beaming. "An unassisted triple play" I must of said it 10 times. The ump stopped play for five minutes to calm the kids, they had all piled on him like it was game 7 of the WS. Fond memory.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  5. #5225
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I was the coach! Screaming and beaming. "An unassisted triple play" I must of said it 10 times. The ump stopped play for five minutes to calm the kids, they had all piled on him like it was game 7 of the WS. Fond memory.
    SPECTACULAR!!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5226
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Middle INF catches a ball barehanded, steps on 2nd before the runner can tag up, then tag the runner coming from 1st. I had to cheat and look it up because i couldn't figure out the no glove thing either
    An unassisted triple play has only happened 15 times...
    My good friend, it doesn't have to be a middle IF. That's the crazy thing. It can happen by any player on any base but first, the play can revolve around second or third. A third baseman could make the same play. What' is wild is so could any player on the field if they were in position to do so. A LF could be paying shallow during a shift where 3rd baseman is playing close to second or even just really shallow, he could make a catch of a pop up that looks impossible., tag the runner and then base.
    I don't know if that's happened but I am pretty sure a third baseman has done it.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #5227
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I was the coach! Screaming and beaming. "An unassisted triple play" I must of said it 10 times. The ump stopped play for five minutes to calm the kids, they had all piled on him like it was game 7 of the WS. Fond memory.
    That's really cool. It must be one of those viscerally, seared memories that makes you giggle from time to time.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #5228
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Barehanded throws and catches ?

    Oh good grief. NO!!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  9. #5229
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,749
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    My son made the same play in babe ruth league. He used his glove but nonetheless an unassisted triple play. He ran down the runner from first, caught him as he was diving back to bag.

    Really good for a little leaguer to do that in the proper order. Props to him.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  10. #5230
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,390
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Really good for a little leaguer to do that in the proper order. Props to him.
    There was a bit of luck. The runner on 1st was running on contact. My son was the SS. The catch was a liner right to him. He was probably even with the 2nd base bag when he made the catch. The most difficult part was running down the guy at 1st.

    Proper order. He had an excellent coach!


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  11. 05-23-2021, 12:45 PM
    Reason
    trolling

  12. #5231
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,749
    Anyone else see the baserunning play in the Cubs game. If you didn't, it's a must see.

    https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/javier...first-and-home

    If that doesn't work, just go to the Cubs website.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #5232
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    That's hysterical and brilliant base running



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #5233
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,390
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Anyone else see the baserunning play in the Cubs game. If you didn't, it's a must see.

    https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/javier...first-and-home

    If that doesn't work, just go to the Cubs website.
    Heads up, but also a bit comical.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  15. #5234
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,174
    Damn man

    Mad max pulled after 12 pitches, for unknown injury.

    Degrom pulled after like 80 pitches. Right flexor tendonitis.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  16. #5235
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,512
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Damn man

    Mad max pulled after 12 pitches, for unknown injury.

    Degrom pulled after like 80 pitches. Right flexor tendonitis.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    That sucks for baseball.



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •