Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 343 of 350 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 5237
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You are quite adept at relocating the goal posts. The discussion was on the merits of the trade, Murphy for Hicks. The point was made that the Yankees clearly won the trade. Imo this is indisputable, regardless of the injuries or BA or the number of HR's he's hit.

Would I rather have a Trout or Springer? Hell yeah...but we have Hicks. You might be interested in the following, he ain't nearly as bad as you suggest:

9. AARON HICKS, YANKEES
    When heís healthy, Hicksí production would easily slot him within the top five of this group. He produced an .874 OPS between the first half of 2017 and with the 2018 campaign combined, totaling 37 homers, 130 runs scored along with a .260/.382/.491 split line over 197 games. However, the run has twice been interrupted by significant injuries, first an oblique injury in 2017, then an elbow issue that required Tommy John surgery, which ended his 2019 as well.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...re/ar-BB12ZpmT

Even with all the injuries still considered a top 10 CFer in all MLB. FanGraphs also has him in top 10 as does MLB network.
    Doc, I truly am not sure why you, or anyone else bothers to converse with a particular poster. I'll join in quick to add this.

Since the trade*

*Total WAR(per fangraphs) 2016-current

Hicks: 10.3
    Murphy: 0.5

Hell JR was so bad for the twins the year that they traded for him, that he only lasted one season in their organization.

How anyone can say the Yankees didn't win this trade, is absolutely mind blowing and honestly isn't that surprising giving who it is coming from. I also can't stand Aaron Hicks so the fact that I'm defending him, it's quite humorous.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Doc, I truly am not sure why you, or anyone else bothers to converse with a particular poster. I'll join in quick to add this.

Since the trade*

Hell JR was so bad for the twins the year that they traded for him, that he only lasted one season in their organization.

How anyone can say the Yankees didn't win this trade, is absolutely mind blowing and honestly isn't that surprising giving who it is coming from. I also can't stand Aaron Hicks so the fact that I'm defending him, it's quite humorous.

Yep. You would have to be blind and flat out stupid to think that, that trade wasn't a lopsided one in the Yankees favor.

I will bet that he ignores the inaccuracy and hides or backtracks and tries to say he meant something else and we misunderstood.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    have you folks ever noticed how some athletes just don't look right in some uniforms after they've been traded or signed as FO etc.? Here are some examples Reggie Angels ,Bobby Murcer,Cubs or Giants,Joe Willie Rams,Joe Montana Chiefs,Clemens Jays,(but I thought he looked allright in our uniform) Bambino anything but ours! Gretzky St Louis Blues,Mark Messier Canucks,Brian Leetch Leafs, Ray Bourque Avalanche,Godzilla Angels or Rays,,C'mon guy's what ya got???
    Big time. To me the biggest was when RC changed his name to OhSoSlick and started wearing dresses
    I fully support it and am very happy for him but it was still odd. Even odder that he looks super hot.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    This is my final comment on this . The Yankees have a career .234 hitter with a career 89 hrs starting at what is maybe the marquee position in all of the mlb , if you donít see that there is something wrong with that then thatís your problem but I do .

Well obviously the Yankees, the only one's that matter, don't agree with you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

You are quite adept at relocating the goal posts. The discussion was on the merits of the trade, Murphy for Hicks. The point was made that the Yankees clearly won the trade. Imo this is indisputable, regardless of the injuries or BA or the number of HR's he's hit.

Would I rather have a Trout or Springer? Hell yeah...but we have Hicks. You might be interested in the following, he ain't nearly as bad as you suggest:

9. AARON HICKS, YANKEES
    When heís healthy, Hicksí production would easily slot him within the top five of this group. He produced an .874 OPS between the first half of 2017 and with the 2018 campaign combined, totaling 37 homers, 130 runs scored along with a .260/.382/.491 split line over 197 games. However, the run has twice been interrupted by significant injuries, first an oblique injury in 2017, then an elbow issue that required Tommy John surgery, which ended his 2019 as well.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...re/ar-BB12ZpmT

Even with all the injuries still considered a top 10 CFer in all MLB. FanGraphs also has him in top 10 as does MLB network.

There you go again, throwing facts in his face Then again, what do those people know compared to Posada? He reads every box score of the games. People associated with the game could not possibly know better than him.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

For me MJ is at the top of the list as well as his teammate on the Wizards Charles Oakley. Joe Willy to LA. How about Yogi in a Mets uni. Ewing to Magic. Pete Rose to Expos.

Yogi a Met makes me sick.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Since the trade*

I know you are right. I just can't allow certain fabrications to go unchallenged.

The twins gave up on hicks after just three injury filled seasons for a guy they gave up on after one season . Tell me what does tell you what they thought of hicks and what kind of player he truly is ? And speaking of fabrications , I never said the yanks lost that trade I said it wasnít as big or clear of a win for the Yankees that you think it has been . They got from him exactly what the twins did and gave up on . Can you honestly say the twins are kicking themselves right now for losing that trade ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-18-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Big time. To me the biggest was when RC changed his name to OhSoSlick and started wearing dresses
    I fully support it and am very happy for him but it was still odd. Even odder that he looks super hot.
    Why you gotta blow up my spot man.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I know you are right. I just can't allow certain fabrications to go unchallenged.
    The problem Is when someone is too blind to realize it's a fabrication and they believe it is truth, simply because they believe it is.

I guess the simplicity is, if you could choose one guy to have one your team, who would it be?
    I wouldn't hesitate to choose Hicks. Even if he was my 4th OF, I think he is a considerable upgrade over Murphy. I think a CF who has been ranked top 5 when healthy, is better than an, at the very, very best, a backup catcher.

In Murphy's best season, absolute best, it was 62 games. In 172 plate appearances, his line was.
    277/327 OPS 734 3HR 14 RBI. (He batted a bit higher the previous year but in only 85 plate appearances and the other numbers are lower). Aside from those 2 years his best year was with Arizona
    202/244. OPS 619. 9HR 24 RBI
    Now, to talk about the trade itself we have to look at Murphy with the Twinns which was 1 season.
    In 90 PA his line was
    146/193 OPS 413. 1HR 3RBI

Let's put Murphy's career vs Hicks to start
    Murphy - 737 PA- 215/262 606 OPS. 18 HR. 61 RBI
    Hicks-2752 PA. 233/330 728 OPS. 89 HR 302 RBI

For the sake of argument, expand Murphy's numbers to what he'd have if he had as many PAs. I will be overly generous and multiply his HR and RBI by 4, though it's closer to 3.5 He'd have 72 HR and 244 RBI
    He's still not as good as Hicks. There is also a reason he didn't get that many PAs.

Hicks's first season with the Yankees was nothing noteworthy except that it was his worst with them, so far.
    In 361 PAs. - 217/281. 617 OPS. 8HR 31 RBI. Hicks was still more productive in his very worst year (with NY) than Murphy was in his very best year, as a pro.

Hicks's best year with NY? I will go with 2018
    581 PA. 248/366. 833 OPS. 27 HR, 79 RBI

Now for fun, his actual best statistical year was 2017 but he only had 361 PA. but in that time, (which is just under half of Murphy's career PA).
    Hicks was 266/372 847 OPS 15 HR and 52 RBI. In that half the plate appearances alone, hicks's production of 15 HR and 52 RBI was almost equal to Murphy's career 16 HR and 61 RBI. Hicks did in a half year, what it's taken murphy to accomplish in his entire career.

I would say you have to be stupid not to understand the math of this but that is an insult to stupidity

Ignorance is bliss

Why you gotta blow up my spot man.

Oh I haven't done that yet but I plan to after seeing how good you look

Ignorance is bliss

Oh I haven't done that yet but I plan to after seeing how good you look
    [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

The problem Is when someone is too blind to realize it's a fabrication and they believe it is truth, simply because they believe it is.

I guess the simplicity is, if you could choose one guy to have one your team, who would it be?
    I wouldn't hesitate to choose Hicks. Even if he was my 4th OF, I think he is a considerable upgrade over Murphy. I think a CF who has been ranked top 5 when healthy, is better than an, at the very, very best, a backup catcher.

In Murphy's best season, absolute best, it was 62 games. In 172 plate appearances, his line was.
    277/327 OPS 734 3HR 14 RBI. (He batted a bit higher the previous year but in only 85 plate appearances and the other numbers are lower). Aside from those 2 years his best year was with Arizona
    202/244. OPS 619. 9HR 24 RBI
    Now, to talk about the trade itself we have to look at Murphy with the Twinns which was 1 season.
    In 90 PA his line was
    146/193 OPS 413. 1HR 3RBI

Let's put Murphy's career vs Hicks to start
    Murphy - 737 PA- 215/262 606 OPS. 18 HR. 61 RBI
    Hicks-2752 PA. 233/330 728 OPS. 89 HR 302 RBI

For the sake of argument, expand Murphy's numbers to what he'd have if he had as many PAs. I will be overly generous and multiply his HR and RBI by 4, though it's closer to 3.5 He'd have 72 HR and 244 RBI
    He's still not as good as Hicks. There is also a reason he didn't get that many PAs.

Hicks's first season with the Yankees was nothing noteworthy except that it was his worst with them, so far.
    In 361 PAs. - 217/281. 617 OPS. 8HR 31 RBI. Hicks was still more productive in his very worst year (with NY) than Murphy was in his very best year, as a pro.

Hicks's best year with NY? I will go with 2018
    581 PA. 248/366. 833 OPS. 27 HR, 79 RBI

Now for fun, his actual best statistical year was 2017 but he only had 361 PA. but in that time, (which is just under half of Murphy's career PA).
    Hicks was 266/372 847 OPS 15 HR and 52 RBI. In that half the plate appearances alone, hicks's production of 15 HR and 52 RBI was almost equal to Murphy's career 16 HR and 61 RBI. Hicks did in a half year, what it's taken murphy to accomplish in his entire career.

I would say you have to be stupid not to understand the math of this but that is an insult to stupidity
    Again I never said the Yankees lost that trade so you are the one believing a fabrication . And I donít know how one can say having an injury prone player who averages less than 95 games a season is such a lop sided victory . Was it a win? Yeah but mainly because Murphy didnít amount to anything not because hicks has been such a great player.
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-19-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Again I never said the Yankees lost that trade so you are the one believing a fabrication . And I donít know how one can say having an injury prone player who averages less than 95 games a season is such a lop sided victory . Was it a win? Yeah but mainly because Murphy didnít amount to anything not because hicks has been such a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It's so weak. So very, very weak.

Yeah but, no but, yea but, no but

Ignorance is bliss