Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 342 of 350 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 5237
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    You are using words he doesn't understand.

I know. I'm just trying to use the most simple words possible. That usually works for most people, obviously not for all.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Interesting Twitter tidbit:

Joe Pompliano@JoePompliano

6) Mariano Rivera was a 13x All-Star and 5x World Series Champion as a member of the NY Yankees

But one stat stands above all the rest...

More people have walked on the moon (12) than men who have scored against Mariano Rivera in the postseason (11).

GOAT.

^ facts

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    F#*@! That's nuts.

Ignorance is bliss

have you folks ever noticed how some athletes just don't look right in some uniforms after they've been traded or signed as FO etc.? Here are some examples Reggie Angels ,Bobby Murcer,Cubs or Giants,Joe Willie Rams,Joe Montana Chiefs,Clemens Jays,(but I thought he looked allright in our uniform) Bambino anything but ours! Gretzky St Louis Blues,Mark Messier Canucks,Brian Leetch Leafs, Ray Bourque Avalanche,Godzilla Angels or Rays,,C'mon guy's what ya got???

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    John Ryan Murphy for Hicks, we lost that one huh
    That trade wasnít a clear win either . Unless Murphy spent more time in the IL than hicks did .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-17-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Didnít win that trade either . Unless Murphy spent more time in the IL than hicks did .
    Murphy has not spent the time on the IL Hicks has... and you don't think we clearly won that trade ?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Murphy has not spent the time on the IL Hicks has... and you don't think we clearly won that trade ?
    No it wasnít a clear win for the exact reason you just said . Then there is the fact that hicks batting average is less than 30 points higher than Murphyís despite being in the majors for longer . So yeah the Yankees havenít been the clear winner of that trade . I mean for Peteís sake the Yankees traded a low level prospect for an injury prone #4 outfielder . Thatís not much of a trade to brag about .

No it wasnít a clear win for the exact reason you just said . Then there is the fact that hicks batting average is less than 30 points higher than Murphyís despite being in the majors for longer . So yeah the Yankees havenít been the clear winner of that trade . I mean for Peteís sake the Yankees traded a low level prospect for an injury prone #4 outfielder . Thatís not much of a trade to brag about .
    Jorge now I am convinced you are just trolling, or have a very weird sense of humor. You can not honestly believe Yanks lost that trade. Murphy in an 8 yr career has played a whopping 284 games and average of 35 games a season. He's changed addresses 5 times in that 8 years. Do I even need to list Hicks stats, injuries or not the comparison is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge now I am convinced you are just trolling, or have a very weird sense of humor. You can not honestly believe Yanks lost that trade. Murphy in an 8 yr career has played a whopping 284 games and average of 35 games a season. He's changed addresses 5 times in that 8 years. Do I even need to list Hicks stats, injuries or not the comparison is a no brainer.
    I didnít say the Yankees lost either . But they clearly didnít win either . At best it was barely a win . I mean again they traded a low level prospect for an injury prone number 4 outfielder . That is not a great victory by any means . And you canít tell me that hicks isnít a number 4 outfielder . He shouldnít be playing everyday .

I didnít say the Yankees lost either . But they clearly didnít win either . At best it was barely a win . I mean again they traded a low level prospect for an injury prone number 4 outfielder . That is not a great victory by any means . And you canít tell me that hicks isnít a number 4 outfielder . He shouldnít be playing everyday .
    This is the prospect thread and this is my final comment. I am not telling you Hicks isn't a 4th OFer, the Yankee org is telling you he is the starting CFer for the NY Yankees, maybe the marquee position in all of the MLB.

This is the prospect thread and this is my final comment. I am not telling you Hicks isn't a 4th OFer, the Yankee org is telling you he is the starting CFer for the NY Yankees, maybe the marquee position in all of the MLB.
    This is my final comment on this . The Yankees have a career .234 hitter with a career 89 hrs starting at what is maybe the marquee position in all of the mlb , if you donít see that there is something wrong with that then thatís your problem but I do .

This is my final comment on this . The Yankees have a career .234 hitter with a career 89 hrs starting at what is maybe the marquee position in all of the mlb , if you donít see that there is something wrong with that then thatís your problem but I do .
    You are quite adept at relocating the goal posts. The discussion was on the merits of the trade, Murphy for Hicks. The point was made that the Yankees clearly won the trade. Imo this is indisputable, regardless of the injuries or BA or the number of HR's he's hit.

Would I rather have a Trout or Springer? Hell yeah...but we have Hicks. You might be interested in the following, he ain't nearly as bad as you suggest:

9. AARON HICKS, YANKEES
    When heís healthy, Hicksí production would easily slot him within the top five of this group. He produced an .874 OPS between the first half of 2017 and with the 2018 campaign combined, totaling 37 homers, 130 runs scored along with a .260/.382/.491 split line over 197 games. However, the run has twice been interrupted by significant injuries, first an oblique injury in 2017, then an elbow issue that required Tommy John surgery, which ended his 2019 as well.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...re/ar-BB12ZpmT

Even with all the injuries still considered a top 10 CFer in all MLB. FanGraphs also has him in top 10 as does MLB network.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    have you folks ever noticed how some athletes just don't look right in some uniforms after they've been traded or signed as FO etc.? Here are some examples Reggie Angels ,Bobby Murcer,Cubs or Giants,Joe Willie Rams,Joe Montana Chiefs,Clemens Jays,(but I thought he looked allright in our uniform) Bambino anything but ours! Gretzky St Louis Blues,Mark Messier Canucks,Brian Leetch Leafs, Ray Bourque Avalanche,Godzilla Angels or Rays,,C'mon guy's what ya got???
    For me MJ is at the top of the list as well as his teammate on the Wizards Charles Oakley. Joe Willy to LA. How about Yogi in a Mets uni. Ewing to Magic. Pete Rose to Expos.

You are quite adept at relocating the goal posts. The discussion was on the merits of the trade, Murphy for Hicks. The point was made that the Yankees clearly won the trade. Imo this is indisputable, regardless of the injuries or BA or the number of HR's he's hit.

Would I rather have a Trout or Springer? Hell yeah...but we have Hicks. You might be interested in the following, he ain't nearly as bad as you suggest:

9. AARON HICKS, YANKEES
    When heís healthy, Hicksí production would easily slot him within the top five of this group. He produced an .874 OPS between the first half of 2017 and with the 2018 campaign combined, totaling 37 homers, 130 runs scored along with a .260/.382/.491 split line over 197 games. However, the run has twice been interrupted by significant injuries, first an oblique injury in 2017, then an elbow issue that required Tommy John surgery, which ended his 2019 as well.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...re/ar-BB12ZpmT

Even with all the injuries still considered a top 10 CFer in all MLB. FanGraphs also has him in top 10 as does MLB network.
    So two decent years and I am supposed to think he is the best cf out there ? He missed significant time on the IL those years . I mean if he is so good why did they feel the need to keep bringing Gardner back year after year , including this year ? The guy is an average 4th outfielder because up to this point his body hasnít been able to last long enough to be depended on all year . The only thing I give credit to hicks for is that he walks alotv, hence his good obp . He reminds me of nick johnson if anything .