Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 323 of 335 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5012
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Way off topic even for the OT thread. Please forgive and allow the indulgence. I love eating and cooking.

Clown what's on the grill this weekend?

I'm doing a combo kabob of shrimp and veggie, beef + and pork +. Marinated in a white wine, garlic, olive oil, basil and hot sauce. Also a few chicken and pork cutlets. Smashed potato. Mussels and clams in a garlic sauce. Host of salads. Lots of beer and of course cognac.

Frozen pizza for me tonight. And a bag of 5 Guy French fries in the air fryer.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Way off topic even for the OT thread. Please forgive and allow the indulgence. I love eating and cooking.

I'm doing a combo kabob of shrimp and veggie, beef + and pork +. Marinated in a white wine, garlic, olive oil, basil and hot sauce. Also a few chicken and pork cutlets. Smashed potato. Mussels and clams in a garlic sauce. Host of salads. Lots of beer and of course cognac.
    That sounds great!
    We are out on the Cape in Eastham. My dinner last night was horribly good. Fried oysters and whole bellied shrimp from Arnold's (very old and loved sea food spot)
    Tonight will be simple, probably burgers and sausage with the roasted veggies. Then we have some picanha for later in the week and I'm sure there will be a night with lobsta'.
    There is a chance I get to hop a boat with my cousin and his friend to to some Bonito fishing. If that happens, hopefully some sushi today.

Oh, tons of beer and tequila/mezcal and certainly bourbon
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-06-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That sounds great!
    We are out on the Cape in Eastham. My dinner last night was horribly good. Fried oysters and whole bellied shrimp from Arnold's (very old and loved sea food spot)
    Tonight will be simple, probably burgers and sausage with the roasted veggies. Then we have some picanha for later in the week and I'm sure there will be a night with lobsta'.
    There is a chance I get to hop a boat with my cousin and his friend to to some Bonito fishing. If that happens, hopefully some sushi today.

Oh, tons of beer and tequila/mezcal and certainly bourbon
    I know the cape well. We had a place in Wellfleet, down the road a bit from Arnold's. Been going there for many years. Sounds great. We didn't get to Cape this year for several reasons, partly due to move and partly pandemic.

Great fishing if you are going off shore. Seals have killed the in shore fishing which at one time was the best . Enjoy. Good luck if you do decide to wet a line.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

You're just posting that to tease us, knowing we can't enjoy all that great food and drink. How dare you do that to us. Hope you enjoy it anyway, as I'm sure you will.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

We are having Bacaloa Vizcaino tonight. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3pyJr_-29N2Ok- I live ten minutes from City Island, in Bronx NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    We are having Bacaloa Vizcaino tonight. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3pyJr_-29N2Ok- I live ten minutes from City Island, in Bronx NYC.
    Excellent! Enjoy. How long do you soak your bacaloa.

Few of my favs I make .... Portuguese: Bacalhau se' de pipo and Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá..... Some fave Sicilian styles: Baccala alla Siciliana and Baccala stew very similar to the Vizcaino. The Sicilians make a dish often referred to as "Christmas Baccala" that is exceptional, with tomato, olives, capers, celery greens a bit of vino and a host of herbs.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Excellent! Enjoy. How long do you soak your bacaloa.

Few of my favs I make .... Portuguese: Bacalhau se' de pipo and Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá..... Some fave Sicilian styles: Baccala alla Siciliana and Baccala stew very similar to the Vizcaino. The Sicilians make a dish often referred to as "Christmas Baccala" that is exceptional, with tomato, olives, capers, celery greens a bit of vino and a host of herbs.
    Sorry not sure. I know that my mother, wife, and mother in law have diferent approaches. But if its freah cod you don't need to soak it. Tonight I made seafood. I took a can of Star Kist tuna in water, made it with onions and mayo on pita bread.

Baez is complaining because he can't watch video of his ABs during a game? "Not how we play baseball"

That's some BS. Grow a pair and figure it out.

Ignorance is bliss

Dr, what 5 golfers do you give a shot at winning at Winged Foot? And you can’t use DJ

Mine are Phil, Berger, Rahm, Schauffele and Matsuyama
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

TJ surgery for Verlander. I feel bad for him but not the Astros.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, what 5 golfers do you give a shot at winning at Winged Foot? And you can’t use DJ

Mine are Phil, Berger, Rahm, Schauffele and Matsuyama
    Nicky sorry I didn't see this until now. Prior to the start I would have guessed: Rahm, Scott, Reed, Rory and Phil all have a legit shot. Long and straight. Stay out of the cabbage. Greens are classic Tillinghast, putting at a premium.

Nicky sorry I didn't see this until now. Prior to the start I would have guessed: Rahm, Scott, Reed, Rory and Phil all have a legit shot. Long and straight. Stay out of the cabbage. Greens are classic Tillinghast, putting at a premium.
    those 4 guys are so streaky with the putter before this week i don't think i would have picked any of those guys but maybe Rory. I'd would have loved to have seen Phil final get his Open but i think his window has closed now he's 50. He's searching so hard to find extra distance off the tee that its messing with the rest of his game.

I thought coming into the week Morikawa, Schauffele and Finau all had a legit shot at winning, though Finau was an extreme wild card

Dr, I think you overreacted on closing the other thread. Now you will have things tossed over here.

Just leave it as it was, geez. People have their opinions and if they can’t back it up then it is on them.

Nick we degenerated from the original intent. It became a partisan pissing contest. It was intended to discuss COVID and the politics surrounding the pandemic. NO politics will be allowed in this thread. Sorry they will be deleted. The main politics forum is available. I hope that puts an end to this discussion as well.

Ignorance is bliss