Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 303 of 370 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5546
  1. #4531
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,289
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Agree to disagree. Seems more like he simply gets under the skin of anyone who still has any respect left for Donald Trump.
    He makes everything political, no matter what it is and even when politics aren't being discussed. Nobody here except for mush/posada/brett remotely support Trump.
    He's like kneeling, the act doesn't bother me whatsoever, it's the constant shoving it in our faces by the media that's beyond obnoxious. And he can't even be put on ignore.
    The guy is as obnoxious as the 2 of them, just on the other side.
    Between all 4 of them, this place really sucks lately compared to how it used to be. I'm close to doing like a couple others and just being gone for good. PSD used to be enjoyable, now it's just a **** show.

  2. #4532
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,289
    We need another thread for all things politics/Corona related. Give the idiots that want to bicker about all that **** their own thread.
    It gets old watching them hijack threads andjust go at each other nonstop all over the place.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 07-30-2020 at 08:13 AM.

  3. #4533
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    There is a thread for that already and it’s in the political forum .

  4. #4534
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,137
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    We need another thread for all things politics/Corona related. Give the idiots that want to bicker about all that **** their own thread.
    It gets old watching them hijack threads andjust go at each other nonstop all over the place.
    I suggested, even polled opinion on reopening the corona politics thread, it was voted down. I may reconsider given what I am reading here. This thread has been taken over with covid politics chatter. It confirms my initial feelings, people want to discuss the issue.

  5. #4535
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,289
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I suggested, even polled opinion on reopening the corona politics thread, it was voted down. I may reconsider given what I am reading here. This thread has been taken over with covid politics chatter. It confirms my initial feelings, people want to discuss the issue.
    I'd change my vote to yes.
    Let that be the one area for discussing all of that, and don't allow it in any other threads.

  6. #4536
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    No. What point does being angry at china serve? It was 6 months ago. Holding onto anger for their role in our country's mishandling of this pandemic is ludicrous.

    Trump still has an actual affect on how things can go. He is still the president. he still has control over his actions and the direction the country takes.

    Here's an easy one, who has more control over the US's response to covid, today? China or Trump?
    China or Desantis?

    By all means, hold that anger if it makes you feel good.
    Have you ever heard of being proactive?

    That is my point with China. And people ignore that.

    What if they were proactive and this fckn virus never left their Country?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #4537
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,137
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd change my vote to yes.
    Let that be the one area for discussing all of that, and don't allow it in any other threads.
    That was my thinking with the season opening. I knew it would still be a hot topic and didn't want it invading and taking over other threads. People are scared and anxious they want to discuss it.

  8. #4538
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    No. What point does being angry at china serve? It was 6 months ago. Holding onto anger for their role in our country's mishandling of this pandemic is ludicrous.

    Trump still has an actual affect on how things can go. He is still the president. he still has control over his actions and the direction the country takes.

    Here's an easy one, who has more control over the US's response to covid, today? China or Trump?
    China or Desantis?

    By all means, hold that anger if it makes you feel good.

    Here is an easy one. What if China did a better with containing the virus? You still ignore that. You still disregard that they allowed people to leave cities that were lockdown and then travel the world.

    Every sort of issue has a beginning Clown. You ignore the beginning for some reason.

    When the Yankees give up 3 runs in the first inning but still lose 3-2 that 1st inning was a direct cause to the result of the game. You wouldn’t comment or have any sort of reaction about the 1st inning?

    Of course you would.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-30-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  9. #4539
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,649
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Have you ever heard of being proactive?

    That is my point with China. And people ignore that.

    What if they were proactive and this fckn virus never left their Country?
    You are only proving my point more.
    You are angry at “what if” instead of being present



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #4540
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,649
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Here is an easy one. What if China did a better with containing the virus? You still ignore that. You still disregard that they allowed people to leave cities that were lockdown and then travel the world.

    Every sort of issue has a beginning Clown. You ignore the beginning for some reason.

    When the Yankees give up 3 runs in the first inning but still lose 3-2 that 1st inning was a direct cause to the result of the game. You wouldn’t comment or have any sort of reaction about the 1st inning?

    Of course you would.....
    China didn’t do a better job. There is no way to go back in time and change that.
    We deal with what is happening now.

    I might comment on that scenario for a day. But after that, no.
    I certainly wouldn’t be talking about it 6 months later.
    What purpose does it serve aside from living in the past and refusing to move into the present?



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #4541
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,137
    Why the continued anger Nick? Why the need to assign blame? This virus, as you know, was highly contagious and not easily contained.

    Let's take a look at what China DID do that our leadership failed to do. China immediately instituted extreme lockdowns and regional quarantines. By January, movement in and out of Wuhan was stopped. Those affected included “more than 60 million people. Flights and trains were suspended, and roads were blocked.” Next, many Chinese cities ordered residents to remain home, with about 760 million people so confined. Extreme limitations on human movement was employed. The infection rate dropped precipitously.

    Their response was recognized around the world as swift, efficient and effective. We, in the US, on the other hand have become the butt of numerous jokes! We have the pres and his sycophant in Fla who won't even mandate state wide or national mask mandate!

  12. #4542
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    China took Almost 2 months to shut down and stop travelers . The pandemic started there in November . So yes they dropped the ball and taking almost two months to stop travelers and shut down is not really a swift response when experts here at saying shutting down 2 weeks earlier could have made a big difference.

    https://www.livescience.com/first-ca...rus-found.html
    Last edited by Posada20; 07-30-2020 at 10:36 AM.

  13. #4543
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    And here is proof of a massive cover up done by China in regards to the virus , further debunking their “swift and effective “ response .

    https://www.westernstarnews.com.au/n...posed/4036316/

  14. #4544
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,137
    Folks, Day and I have decided based on the volume of Coronavirus politics discussion that it may be wise to reopen the thread devoted exclusively to that discussion. The OT thread has been cluttered with political comments. It is obvious to me people want and need to discuss the virus and the politics surrounding it.

    We only ask that you keep it civil, be respectful of others opinion and try to show tolerance. DO NOT use the RP feature frivolously. All political / covid discussion now belongs in that thread NOT in the OT thread.

    Thanks in advance for you understanding and continued cooperation.

  15. #4545
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Those that don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •