Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 299 of 422 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 6322
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    He is not President now. Your mentally defecient.
    If you saw what I was responding to with that question, you would know that the preparations of past presidents was indeed brought up . Hence why I asked how Obama’s preparations was to the swine flu .
    Last edited by Posada20; 07-29-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Pathetic
    How many have died from covid so far?

(Also, 12k, not 100k died from H1N1 in the US in 2009. Reading...)

. Between April 12, 2009, and April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates swine flu caused 60.8 million illnesses, 273,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths in the U.S.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...c-in-2009.html

It's estimated that the swine flu -- a new type of flu that spread worldwide during 2009-2010, causing the first flu pandemic -- caused more than 12,000 flu-related deaths in the U.S.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/q...-flu-in-the-us

Human cases of H1N1 from April 2009-April 2010
    Fatalities in the United States - Estimated total is 12,469.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/23/healt...cts/index.html

It''s ashamed people can't read and understand numbers, so instead they misquote and misrepresent.

But If H1N1 was worldwide all Obama's fault, that poster is correct. But that poster was talking about he US

Ignorance is bliss

Still doesn’t change the fact that over 60 million in the US got infected by the swineflu.

Reading is hard.

Doc,
    Why is it that some posters can flat out lie and not be infracted? That fact that some posters accused someone of being the reason 100k people died when in fact it as 12k. Out of ignorance and hatred they painted someone with 9 times as many deaths as there actually were.
    Also, why is it that some posters post that swine flu killed 100k in this country and that was equally as bad as covid and the 150k and rising that have happened from the current events.

That poster is ignorant to the facts. That poster misrepresents facts. That poster lied.

That type of behavior is the very root of many of the issues facing this country.
    Ignorance and lies to perpetuate a storyline.

There was initial concern with swine flu but it turned out to be a very, very low death rate.
    Covid is not that.

Some postesr should do the math and see that if 60 mil were affected, between 400 and 500 were hospitalized and 12 k died, it is not as remotely as severe as 4 mil cases (with 1 out of 10 going to the hospital) 400k hospitalized and 150 k deaths. Oh yeah, in half the time.

An infant can see the difference. So to place blame in one direction, 10 years ago to deflect on our current situation, is nothing short of asinine

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc,
    Why is it that some posters can flat out lie and not be infracted? That fact that some posters accused someone of being the reason 100k people died when in fact it as 12k. Out of ignorance and hatred they painted someone with 9 times as many deaths as there actually were.
    Also, why is it that some posters post that swine flu killed 100k in this country and that was equally as bad as covid and the 150k and rising that have happened from the current events.

That poster is ignorant to the facts. That poster misrepresents facts. That poster lied.

That type of behavior is the very root of many of the issues facing this country.

There was initial concern with swine flu but it turned out to be a very, very low death rate.
    Covid is not that.

Some postesr should do the math and see that if 60 mil were affected, between 400 and 500 were hospitalized and 12 k died, it is not as remotely as severe as 4 mil cases (with 1 out of 10 going to the hospital) 400k hospitalized and 150 k deaths. Oh yeah, in half the time.

An infant can see the difference. So to place blame in one direction, 10 years ago to deflect on our current situation, is nothing short of asinine
    I didn’t accuse anyone of anything . I simply asked how Obama’s response was to the swine flu .

You brought up bush’s and Clinton’s responses to pandemics so naturally I asked what How Obama ‘s response to the swine flu was .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How did Obama deal with the swine flu when 60 million Americans got infected and over 100k died ?
    Check you numbers and data. They are wrong. It very was serious. there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths,according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) . https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

He dealt with it much quicker and more effectively than Trump has dealt with this pandemic. I will gladly cite chapter and verse if you like.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Check you numbers and data. They are wrong. It very was serious. there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths,according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) . https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

He dealt with it much quicker and more effectively than Trump has dealt with this pandemic. I will gladly cite chapter and verse if you like.
    Atleast you answered the question I asked . And I am not sure he handled it quicker and better when many more people were infected with the swine flu than Covid so far but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc,

Covid is not that.

See my response above. I posted it before seeing yours. I do believe posting false or misleading data and info is a rules violation. I will have to do some digging.

Sell the Team, HAL!

See my response above. I posted it before seeing yours. I do believe posting false or misleading data and info is a rules violation. I will have to do some digging.
    I edited my post to say over 10k instead of 100k. Now what I said was factual .

I edited my other posts to more clearly show what I meant to begin with , apologies if I confused some people

I think that is a fair concept.

If you post something and I cannot dispute it in a factual way or with evidence, the debate can continue.

If you post something and it is not factual and it was used to malign and you are disproven but refuse to acknowledge your error in a clear and accountable way? You should go.

If you are recidivist? You should go

Ignorance is bliss

It's okay. Most mods pick and choose who/when/why they infract based on absolutely arbitrary ****.

I was told numerous times by mods that if a conversation gets heated, I can take it to PM with the poster in question to air things out privately and avoid disrupting the thread. Then I got an infraction for doing just that after the poster I PM'ed played the mods like a fiddle by sharing my PM in the public forum and crying about what I sent him (despite being the one instigating everything).

Confusion was not the intent of the posts

Hence we have yet another lie regarding "confusion"

The intent of those posts was to purposefully cast a negative light on a person for the sole value of deflecting, valid criticism of another person for their job performance

In the real world that would be viewed as slander and is a civility, liable offense

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's okay. Most mods pick and choose who/when/why they infract based on absolutely arbitrary ****.

I was told numerous times by mods that if a conversation gets heated, I can take it to PM with the poster in question to air things out privately and avoid disrupting the thread. Then I got an infraction for doing just that after the poster I PM'ed played the mods like a fiddle by sharing my PM in the public forum and crying about what I sent him (despite being the one instigating everything).
    That is seriously weak as ****. Unless you physically threatened or called them horrific names, which I have never seen you do, that poster is sad.

Ignorance is bliss