Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 325 of 333 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 4982
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I didn’t want to make a mess. Boiling water, cook, a quick rinse and finished.
    You're helping prove his point.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I live in the Bronx, Union Port section, that is not ghetto fabulous, that is dorm room fabulous. I had jerk chicken with Mac and cheese and collard greens last night. Tonight likely will have rib eye burgers.
    I was trying to be nice (and also used the qualifier "at best"). Not sure what your location has to do with it.

I had rib-eye, bell pepper, and a salad last night.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

3. 09-25-2020, 02:01 PM
    Reason
    enough

4. 09-25-2020, 02:34 PM
    Reason
    enough

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I was trying to be nice (and also used the qualifier "at best"). Not sure what your location has to do with it.

I had rib-eye, bell pepper, and a salad last night.

Cause I live in the ghetto.

6. 09-25-2020, 02:35 PM
    Reason
    enough

7. 09-25-2020, 02:37 PM
    Reason
    enough

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Relevant talk or not it is political and you said political talk isn’t allowed here . This will just open up the door to more political talk that will stray from the topic of that post .
    At which point I will delete all the posts? Clear?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

9. 09-25-2020, 02:38 PM
    Reason
    enough. all posts will be deleted.

10. 09-25-2020, 02:38 PM
    Reason

11. 09-25-2020, 02:42 PM

12. 09-25-2020, 02:45 PM
    Reason

13. 09-25-2020, 02:46 PM

Posted earlier in thread and I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nick we degenerated from the original intent. It became a partisan pissing contest. It was intended to discuss COVID and the politics surrounding the pandemic. NO politics will be allowed in this thread. Sorry they will be deleted. The main politics forum is available. I hope that puts an end to this discussion as well.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Now for food, best food is in the ghetto, urban areas have super ethic diversity. On the block next to my house I have Jamaican, Guyanese, Dominican, Spots. Plus Arab delis with chopped cheese sandwiches. We have a restaurant owned and operated by the Fundamentalist Mormons Church too, for like mid western American choices, have much more variety an other block away.

I will say one thing about NYC, they have the most diverse food in this country . You can find just about any kind of food there . It’s the only thing I miss about that state

So Spliff that is why I mentioned my local after you mentioned “ Ghetto fabulous “. People in the ghetto eat well unless they are destitute. Yet, most people I live around are working people making an honest days wage. Love NYC. Since I live in the Bronx maybe I am defensive, but do you know how many times people look at you like you have two heads when you say your from a place like the Bronx or Harlem.

Called cultural diversity. More than 600 languages are spoken in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Called cultural diversity. More than 600 languages are spoken in NYC.
    Hey, I have said it a few times, my fathers father was Puerto Rican and my fathers mom was a German, they both spoke French fluently and that is how they used to communicate until their kids were born. My mother’s family was just New England WASPs but that is a special group of people culturally too. My wife’s family is Greek and Puerto Rican. Love diversity, and for me that is great, love NYC. My daughter has grown up attending Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant Churches. My daughters best friends have been Egyptian, Tibetan, Albanian, Korean, and Jamaican. Love that. Except for London where else ? That is what I value. She has attended classical concerts for free all her life, and been exposed to art and all the City offers.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-25-2020 at 03:27 PM.

So Spliff that is why I mentioned my local after you mentioned “ Ghetto fabulous “. People in the ghetto eat well unless they are destitute. Yet, most people I live around are working people making an honest days wage. Love NYC. Since I live in the Bronx maybe I am defensive, but do you know how many times people look at you like you have two heads when you say your from a place like the Bronx or Harlem.
    Only someone who hasn’t lived or grown up in nyc would look at you like that for saying you are from the Bronx or harlem

No, I do not. I guess we can agree that Mush's dinner sounded like garbage and move forward from there.

No, I do not. I guess we can agree that Mush's dinner sounded like garbage and move forward from there.
    No need to insult another man’s dinner . That is just petty

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    No need to insult another man’s dinner . That is just petty
    You sound like a very sensitive guy.

You sound like a very sensitive guy.
    Says the one who has the need to call someone else’s dinner , garbage .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-25-2020 at 09:23 PM.