Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 394 of 399 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 5985
    Maybe it’s just that it was probably my favorite movie as a kid, but Cobra Kai is really good. Cheesy for sure, but in a good way. Probably won’t be a popular take, but I’m sticking to it

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Doc Ellison pitching a no-no on LSD

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rates-baseball

“I can only remember bits and pieces of the game,” Ellis recalled in 1984. “I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the [catcher’s] glove, but I didn’t hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters, and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn’t.
    “Sometimes, I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn’t hit hard and never reached me.”

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc Ellison pitching a no-no on LSD

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rates-baseball

“I can only remember bits and pieces of the game,” Ellis recalled in 1984. “I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the [catcher’s] glove, but I didn’t hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters, and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn’t.
    “Sometimes, I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn’t hit hard and never reached me.”
    This is fkn gold [emoji23]

“I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire,” he recounted years later to the New York Times. “And once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate.”

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Maybe it’s just that it was probably my favorite movie as a kid, but Cobra Kai is really good. Cheesy for sure, but in a good way. Probably won’t be a popular take, but I’m sticking to it
    Cobra Kai is great for nostalgic reasons mostly. The acting is okay and the plot is a really thin going into its 6th season now. William Zabka underrated 80s actor and I think his character is better in the show than Ralph Macchio. Fun fact. I've gotten to meet Ralph a couple of times because he lives down the block from my mom on Long Island.

Bringing back Chozen was the best part of season 4 and 5. He's great.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-21-2022 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Cobra Kai is great for nostalgic reasons mostly. The acting is okay and the plot is a really thin going into its 6th season now. William Zabka underrated 80s actor and I think his character is better in the show than Ralph Macchio. Fun fact. I've gotten to meet Ralph a couple of times because he lives down the block from my mom on Long Island.

Bringing back Chozen was the best part of season 4 and 5. He's great.
    That’s fair. Totally nostalgic. Its cheesy, very “young adult”. Guilty pleasure perhaps, but it is what it is. Obviously I’m not the only one, it’s been a massive hit. Totally nailed the feel though, it’s like watching a modern continuation of the original

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This is fkn gold [emoji23]

“I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire,” he recounted years later to the New York Times. “And once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate.”

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I used that stuff and similar in my late teens and early 20s. I cannot imaging being on a big league pitching mound in front of all those fans and holding it together enough to walk off the field without falling, He pitched a friggin No-no

Ignorance is bliss

this is hilarious.. the poor idiot kid will NEVER live that one down https://twitter.com/i/status/1573134111690326017

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    this is hilarious.. the poor idiot kid will NEVER live that one down https://twitter.com/i/status/1573134111690326017
    I think payers should have to do curtain calls for Boo's

That dude is a tool on every level

Ignorance is bliss

I watched again the movie "The Fan" (from 1996, not getting great reviews on RT or IMDB but I liked it frankly), I loved that movie when I watched it the first time in 2001ish (Robert De Niro playing a out-of-job and out of luck fan of the Giants and fan of the superstar baseball player played by Wesley Snipes who signs as a FA with the Giants from the Braves). I don't love it as much now but it's definitely entertaining and has a great soundtrack.

Hard to describe as a movie: it's sorta a thriller with lots of baseball related issues and at the same time a biography of the life of a fan and the life of a baseball player and the struggles to live up to a new contract and moving to a new city and a new club.

Wouldn't give it an A+ because it's far from perfect but worth a watch if you love baseball like I do.

My personal grade after watching it a few times is a B-. But if someone watches it and hates it that's ok lol.

BOBBY!

c

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    That is so bad, it actually went back around to awesome again

Another awesome new RHCP song. “Eddie”, a tribute to Eddie Van Halen.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    I watched again the movie "The Fan" (from 1996, not getting great reviews on RT or IMDB but I liked it frankly), I loved that movie when I watched it the first time in 2001ish (Robert De Niro playing a out-of-job and out of luck fan of the Giants and fan of the superstar baseball player played by Wesley Snipes who signs as a FA with the Giants from the Braves). I don't love it as much now but it's definitely entertaining and has a great soundtrack.

Hard to describe as a movie: it's sorta a thriller with lots of baseball related issues and at the same time a biography of the life of a fan and the life of a baseball player and the struggles to live up to a new contract and moving to a new city and a new club.

Wouldn't give it an A+ because it's far from perfect but worth a watch if you love baseball like I do.

My personal grade after watching it a few times is a B-. But if someone watches it and hates it that's ok lol.
    Snipes playing a "Bonds" like character, there is also a pretty solid supporting cast... Good movie, when i saw it the first time, I wanted that black Hummer "bobby" drives, so badly
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-23-2022 at 12:10 PM.

Unbelievable!

Miami Marlins lefty Richard Bleier had himself an inning to forget Tuesday night against the Mets in New York, making major league history as the only player since 1900 to balk three times in the same at-bat, according to Elias Sports Bureau.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Unbelievable!

Miami Marlins lefty Richard Bleier had himself an inning to forget Tuesday night against the Mets in New York, making major league history as the only player since 1900 to balk three times in the same at-bat, according to Elias Sports Bureau.
    Awesome
    Runner on first scored because of it!

Ignorance is bliss