Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 5908
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Give up?

Babe Ruth as a Red Sox.
    Wow. That's a great trivia question!

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    BREAKING: Padres star Fernando Tatis Jr. violated Major League Baseball’s performance-enhancing drug policy and is facing a suspension, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

Fernando Tatis Jr. will be suspended for 80 games, MLB announced. The suspension will cover the remainder of this season and will render him ineligible for the postseason. It will continue into the beginning of next year. On the verge of returning, he's done for the year.
    - Passan

Didn't think I'd see a worse contract than ellsbury. This might beat it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    - Passan

Didn't think I'd see a worse contract than ellsbury. This might beat it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I think owners should be able to void at least partial contracts if a player is caught.

Even Cole. He has not been the same pitcher after using a banned substance

For a position player, if they use, a team should be able to cut a significant portion of their contract.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think owners should be able to void at least partial contracts if a player is caught.

Even Cole. He has not been the same pitcher after using a banned substance

For a position player, if they use, a team should be able to cut a significant portion of their contract.
    I agree they should be able to cut a significant portion of those deal if players get caught using banned substances/ PEDs

As far as pitchers go, IMO there is a huge difference between spider tac and sun screen, pine tar and rosin. Those new BB are so smooth, they are very hard to get a good grip. IMO I would prefer if the went with a pre tacky ball the the NPB and KBL league uses or they come up with a universally agreed upon substance that helps pitchers get a little better grip

Saw RHCP last night. Great show! I’d highly recommend anyone who has a chance to catch them, should do so

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Saw RHCP last night. Great show! I’d highly recommend anyone who has a chance to catch them, should do so
    Many people have zero clue how influential they are and exactly how long they've been together. First album was 84 and they "formed" in 83 but three of them were really together since the 70s in a different band.
    But even using the 83 formation time, they've been together 40 friggin years. How many bands can say that? The Stones, Aerosmith? The Dead? I can't think of another band who has been together, intact with the same core members for that long

Ignorance is bliss

Many people have zero clue how influential they are and exactly how long they've been together. First album was 84 and they "formed" in 83 but three of them were really together since the 70s in a different band.
    But even using the 83 formation time, they've been together 40 friggin years. How many bands can say that? The Stones, Aerosmith? The Dead? I can't think of another band who has been together, intact with the same core members for that long
    Kinks ? Not many.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Kinks ? Not many.
    I was going to list them but they have had periods of inactivity and solo work. Those brothers can get, juuuuuuuuust a bit contentious and aggressive with each other. lol

Ignorance is bliss

I was going to list them but they have had periods of inactivity and solo work. Those brothers can get, juuuuuuuuust a bit contentious and aggressive with each other. lol
    True. I may have told you the Carnegie Hall story. Early 70's. Dave Davies is actually kicking the bass player on stage. Ray is yelling at Dave. Great show aside from the histrionics.

PS. Checked the playbill which I kept, Mar. 3, 1972.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-18-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Well, John first came in 89. But close enough. I guess you could then say he left and came back a few times. But they are still huge, as sold out stadium tour will prove. Instrumentally, pretty damn strong. Flea/Frusciante is one of the best duos ever

Saw Rage against the machine Sunday night, was a good week
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-18-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Well, John first came in 89. But close enough. I guess you could then say he left and came back a few times. But they are still huge, as sold out stadium tour will prove. Instrumentally, pretty damn strong. Flea/Frusciante is one of the best duos ever

Saw Rage against the machine Sunday night, was a good week
    Yep. Stones lost Jones early on too and they figured it out. Same as the Chili's
    what's nuts is after Slovak OD'd the drummer decided to quit so Flea and Anthony had to find a drummer and guitarist. Frusciante was the replacement for the replacement!
    Him and Flea are a ridiculously talented duo.
    The fact they battled some serious addictions and came through it is amazing.
    Bit of trivia I a sure you know but Who plays base in the song "Bust a move"?
    Yep. The Flea. I love seeing him in the middle of that video. he was also in the Big Lebowski as one of The Nihilists

As much as I loved Mother's Mild and BSSM, My favorite is still uplift mofo followed by freaky Styley. I loved Slovak's style

Was rage the original lineup? They are another really underrated group. They started an entire genre that had yet to exist. Them and Cypress Hill have a weird parallel IMO.
    I hear a Stern interview with Morello that was amazing. He was talking about trying to be so perfect and then having an epiphany about his mistakes. He would start recreating and practicing them and realized they weren't actually mistakes but just a very different sound. I love when he hosts Sirius
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-18-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

I met a woman Tuesday who attended Woodstock. She was six years old at the time had no idea what she was doing there or has any recollection of the event.

She must have had a real rough childhood she told me she was passed from relative to relative.

She was wearing a sabbath shirt I told her I saw them in 75? Maybe 76 ??
    Aerosmith opened for them. It was right before Aerosmith made it big, I remember my buddy Gary telling me “these guys are gonna be big” I think he was right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Stones lost Jones early on too and they figured it out. Same as the Chili's
    what's nuts is after Slovak OD'd the drummer decided to quit so Flea and Anthony had to find a drummer and guitarist. Frusciante was the replacement for the replacement!
    Yep. The Flea. I love seeing him in the middle of that video. he was also in the Big Lebowski as one of The Nihilists

As much as I loved Mother's Mild and BSSM, My favorite is still uplift mofo followed by freaky Styley. I loved Slovak's style

Was rage the original lineup? They are another really underrated group. They started an entire genre that had yet to exist. Them and Cypress Hill have a weird parallel IMO.
    I hear a Stern interview with Morello that was amazing. He was talking about trying to be so perfect and then having an epiphany about his mistakes. He would start recreating and practicing them and realized they weren't actually mistakes but just a very different sound. I love when he hosts Sirius
    Yes, all original. Typically, the “rap/rock” combo bands are mediocre at best in talent level. They were the exception. Zach was the real deal, Morello is a heavyweight, and the others are even underrated. The bassist is extremely underrated IMO. The drummer was on Sabbaths last album, and the final tour, and did a great job

Next up is NIN, at Red Rocks. Trent is amazing, another live show I can’t reccomend enough.

And as far as RHCP, the single just leaked for the second new album, it’s really good
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-18-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Yes, all original. Typically, the “rap/rock” combo bands are mediocre at best in talent level. They were the exception. Zach was the real deal, Morello is a heavyweight, and the others are even underrated. The bassist is extremely underrated IMO. The drummer was on Sabbaths last album, and the final tour, and did a great job

Next up is NIN, at Red Rocks. Trent is amazing, another live show I can’t reccomend enough.

And as far as RHCP, the single just leaked for the second new album, it’s really good
    I saw NIN in college. I wasn't a huge fan but it was a good show.

I will check out the tune! Thanks.

Yeah, Rage just had everything including lyrics and vocals. Most other songs, "**** you I won't do what you tell me" comes off as cliche or forced. In their case it was perfection.

Ignorance is bliss

Flea was also in Back To The Future 2 and the recent Obi-Wan Kenobi show.

RATM has been the same lineup for their entire existence. Though to be fair, they haven't released any new material in decades and were broken up for years after that last album. I wouldn't necessarily say they invented the rap/rock genre but they were certainly the pinnacle of it.