Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 361 of 368 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 5506
  1. #5401
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Well, at least the Sox got in, huh? Oh wait...Sox went home. My bad.
    Didnít you predict the Yankees would win over 100 games this year ?

  2. #5402
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,200
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Sick invite.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Buddies wedding. Drove down from Charlotte yesterday. Left around 5am and got there around 4pm.

    Leaving FL now, will be back home around 7am.

    Lots a ****ing driving for a super quick trip.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  3. #5403
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,406
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Buddies wedding. Drove down from Charlotte yesterday. Left around 5am and got there around 4pm.

    Leaving FL now, will be back home around 7am.

    Lots a ****ing driving for a super quick trip.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I guess my Florida invite is where your wedding invite was.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  4. #5404
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers are far from done regardless.
    You were saying?

  5. #5405
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You were saying?
    Weak. So weak. Pathetic I would say. The comment of course

    I didn't see him predicting a Dodgers WS win like you predicted 2 teams winning.
    I mean at least he hasn't claimed 2 different teams win the WS and neither team is even in it.
    Nor did he go so jiggly legged that he cried, that other poster make him make one of those predictions

    He said that dodgers were far from done. He was correct. Because before the game last night, they were far from done.

    They are done now.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 10-24-2021 at 07:24 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #5406
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Weak. So weak. Pathetic I would say. The comment of course

    I didn't see him predicting a Dodgers WS win like you predicted 2 teams winning.
    I mean at least he hasn't claimed 2 different teams win the WS and neither team is even in it.
    Nor did he go so jiggly legged that he cried, that other poster make him make one of those predictions

    He said that dodgers were far from done. He was correct. Because before the game last night, they were far from done.

    They are done now.
    I said the Dodgers were done unless their offense came up big . Offense didnít come up big And they are done like I said they were

  7. #5407
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Didnít you predict the Yankees would win over 100 games this year ?

    Yes I did. I was WRONG. You thought the Red Sox were going to the WS.

    I thought no one was beating the Red Sox .

    You were WRONG. You were wrong, RIGHT? What's your point?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  8. #5408
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I said the Dodgers were done unless their offense came up big . Offense didnít come up big And they are done like I said they were

    Funny how you're so willing to show everyone else being wrong, but won't admit you were just as wrong.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  9. #5409
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Funny how you're so willing to show everyone else being wrong, but won't admit you were just as wrong.
    Actually I did admit I was wrong about the Red Sox but of course you missed that post

  10. #5410
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,022
    Damn. Looking at this FA list, the only thing there is quality wise, is really SS. And even then, Iím not loving the idea of locking any of them up long term. If any will take a shorter term deal, Iíd pay up

    While Iím not excited by the pitchers either, Iíd say we need to sign one. Basically our whole rotation outside of Cole is either ehhhhÖ or a dice roll. But Iíd feel a lot better if we had another at least solid vet in there. I just wonder what that cost will be

    Iíd personally be fine with a bit of a down year, stay out of the market, and sort out what we have, and what we might have on the farm. But I know thatís wishful thinking. So see above..

  11. #5411
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Damn. Looking at this FA list, the only thing there is quality wise, is really SS. And even then, Iím not loving the idea of locking any of them up long term. If any will take a shorter term deal, Iíd pay up

    While Iím not excited by the pitchers either, Iíd say we need to sign one. Basically our whole rotation outside of Cole is either ehhhhÖ or a dice roll. But Iíd feel a lot better if we had another at least solid vet in there. I just wonder what that cost will be

    Iíd personally be fine with a bit of a down year, stay out of the market, and sort out what we have, and what we might have on the farm. But I know thatís wishful thinking. So see above..
    Story? Trade rumors have been swirling around him since the trade deadline. He had a marginal season by his own standards. If Story is unable to find the long-term deal heís seeking, Yankees could try to swoop in and sign him, assuming the club doesn't pursue one of the other free-agent shortstops.

    29 yrs old. 2021 stats: .251/.329/.471, 24 HR, 75 RBIs, 20 SB. He slashed .269/.359/.544 with 11 home runs after July 30. In 89 games prior to that, he slashed .240/.312/.429 with 13 homers.

    He won't be cheap. Colorado is prepared to offer a QO, attaching draft-pick compensation.

  12. #5412
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,022
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Story? Trade rumors have been swirling around him since the trade deadline. He had a marginal season by his own standards. If Story is unable to find the long-term deal heís seeking, Yankees could try to swoop in and sign him, assuming the club doesn't pursue one of the other free-agent shortstops.

    29 yrs old. 2021 stats: .251/.329/.471, 24 HR, 75 RBIs, 20 SB. He slashed .269/.359/.544 with 11 home runs after July 30. In 89 games prior to that, he slashed .240/.312/.429 with 13 homers.

    He won't be cheap. Colorado is prepared to offer a QO, attaching draft-pick compensation.
    Thatís fine. Iím down with that. Even if you look at his home/away splits, heís a productive hitter. And he should like Yankee stadium just fine too

    If heís cool with a 2/3 year deal, do it

  13. #5413
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís fine. Iím down with that. Even if you look at his home/away splits, heís a productive hitter. And he should like Yankee stadium just fine too

    If heís cool with a 2/3 year deal, do it
    I would. He's one of the primo in the FA class.

  14. #5414
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís fine. Iím down with that. Even if you look at his home/away splits, heís a productive hitter. And he should like Yankee stadium just fine too

    If heís cool with a 2/3 year deal, do it
    I wouldnít offer him more than 2 years period if I were to offer him anything . I would rather sign Marte and go with Gil /velazquez until someone is ready in the minors by the second half of the season .

  15. #5415
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    17,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I wouldnít offer him more than 2 years period if I were to offer him anything . I would rather sign Marte and go with Gil /velazquez until someone is ready in the minors by the second half of the season .
    Worst issue we have, is SS. If the kids are good enough, it will work itself out. No guarantee any of them is ready next year

    How much you think Marte costs? And how much cheaper is he VS. Story. Thatís the question.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-24-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •