Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5646
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Strike one on you.
    Ahh. Pitch timer.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Ahh. Pitch timer.

Batter had a strike called on him for staying out of the box too long.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Batter had a strike called on him for staying out of the box too long.
    Right. I did't phrase it correctly. It was a timer issue.

Ignorance is bliss

I hope Luke Voit knocks Tommy Pham the F@#$ Out.

Voit not only slid but he was in foul ground ant tried to avoid the catcher. He could have lowered a shoulder but didn't.

Ignorance is bliss

He actually slid to the side. The only reason the collision happened, was because the catcher dove right into his chest

And there was follow through, but itís not like he was swinging at him, or shoving his head down. It was just the momentum. And the guys head coming pretty high, at chest/face level. In the old days, someone would be going in shoulder first
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-20-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He actually slid to the side. The only reason the collision happened, was because the catcher dove right into his chest

And there was follow through, but itís not like he was swinging at him, or shoving his head down. It was just the momentum. And the guys head coming pretty high, at chest/face level. In the old days, someone would be going in shoulder first
    Yep. Pham is crying foul and there is zero dirty about that slide. It was kind. As you said, that was season ending collision a few years ago.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep. Pham is crying foul and there is zero dirty about that slide. It was kind. As you said, that was season ending collision a few years ago.
    What if Voits hands arenít there, and the guys helmet/face mask come up and smash him in the face? Would that have been dirty? Or just ďsorry Luke, I didnít mean to mangle your faceĒ?

Itís all reflex. And also him obviously trying to control his weight/momentum to keep from leveling the guy

Manfred got one right, Bauer has been suspended for 324 games starting now. The time he's spent on admin leave doesn't count towards that. If the suspension holds up, the Dodgers are out of his contract.

Credit to runnermjr1296 for the news

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Manfred got one right, Bauer has been suspended for 324 games starting now. The time he's spent on admin leave doesn't count towards that. If the suspension holds up, the Dodgers are out of his contract.

Credit to runnermjr1296 for the news
    For sure. I was very happy to see this.

Ignorance is bliss

I did some traveling this week. I thought it was interesting that in the airport I will say I saw mostly NY Yankees hats and there were several people of different ages/gender. I may have seen one or two Dodgers hats but thatís another big club and expected but mostly Yankees. This was in the Miami airport. I traveled to Colombia to see fam and I saw a ton of Yankees apparel and not one other big baseball club. Not the Dodgers or Red Sux nothing. Thought crossed my mind of how much worth the Yankees brand has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I did some traveling this week. I thought it was interesting that in the airport I will say I saw mostly NY Yankees hats and there were several people of different ages/gender. I may have seen one or two Dodgers hats but thatís another big club and expected but mostly Yankees. This was in the Miami airport. I traveled to Colombia to see fam and I saw a ton of Yankees apparel and not one other big baseball club. Not the Dodgers or Red Sux nothing. Thought crossed my mind of how much worth the Yankees brand has.

It's phenomenal! BUT think how much more it could possibly expand with another WS ring?!

There was a time when winning mattered above all. Worth was measured in Yankee fiefdom by WS titles. Now it seems to be measured by concession revenue, luxury box sales and ad revs!

No question they are a very valuable franchise, in fact the most valuable franchise in the MLB, worth $5.25 billion by Forbesí count last year. But the teamís owners havenít stopped there: Yankee Global Enterprises also has stakes in reigning MLS champion New York City FC, the YES Network and Legends Hospitalityówhich works with sports and entertainment organizations and venues in areas like hospitality, partnerships, concessions and merchandiseóand it has a small equity stake in the Professional Fighters League, an MMA promotion. The additional holdings push the total value of the companyís sports properties to $6.81 billion.

I think Hals' focus may be on the bottom line and not the finish line!
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-05-2022 at 09:34 AM.

So I did some more traveling again and while I was in Heathrow (London) I did see Yankees hats again but there was one outlier someone actually had on a Rays hat. The green did match this gentlemanís shoes. I was in Istanbul and saw more Yankees hats while I was walking around the city.

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    So I did some more traveling again and while I was in Heathrow (London) I did see Yankees hats again but there was one outlier someone actually had on a Rays hat. The green did match this gentlemanís shoes. I was in Istanbul and saw more Yankees hats while I was walking around the city.

So what you're saying is you saw mush in London?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    So what you're saying is you saw mush in London?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much yes lol

Anyone else see the Tommy Pham /Joc Pederson thing? Pham b#tch slapped Pederson in BP over fantasy football money that Pederson supposedly hadn't paid from last season.

We have a player striking another player from a different team and it gets minimal media attention.

JD calls Tim Anderson "Jackie" and people act like the world is ending