Follow us on Twitter

Page 377 of 385 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5773
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @hgomez27

22h
    Like father like son!

- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 87 home runs and a OBP .363 in his first 403 MLB career games.

- Vladimir Guerrero Sr. had 87 home runs and a OBP .363 in his first 403 MLB career games.
    That's crazy

Ignorance is bliss

another son of a very good MLB pitcherhttps://twitter.com/i/status/1537443383886524416

looks good for a 13/14 yr old

Context is everything

Ignorance is bliss

Basketball has turned into a joke regarding its writers. All sorts of D-Bags writing about mythical trades they would make with zero basis for anything.

This trade sends Lebron to Toronto for piles of crap
    this trade would send Kevin Durant to Miami for 5 marginal players
    This trade sends The Greek Freak to The Nuggets for Donovan Mitchel

It's literally people making **** up and having zero to say

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Basketball has turned into a joke regarding its writers. All sorts of D-Bags writing about mythical trades they would make with zero basis for anything.

This trade sends Lebron to Toronto for piles of crap
    this trade would send Kevin Durant to Miami for 5 marginal players
    This trade sends The Greek Freak to The Nuggets for Donovan Mitchel

It's literally people making **** up and having zero to say
    As a long suffering Knicks fan, I look forward to the draft and am usually disappointed every year. I think the team made a deal with the devil to get Patrick Ewing in the first draft and the price was disppointment ever since. This year, they pick 11th and I'm expecting a player like Johnny Davis. Let's see how close I am. I believe the draft is on the 24th.

I see they want to have the electronic strike zone in place by 2024. &hey thought there might be a problem with the summer hat affecting it. After further studies they decided there would be plenty enough fans.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Brittney Griner.

You brought weed into a country you knew penalized it.

"As I sit here in a Russian prison, alone with my thoughts and without the protection of my wife, family, friends, Olympic jersey, or any accomplishments, I'm terrified I might be here forever," Griner said in the letter.

Then you write the president a letter suggesting you are more important because or that jersey and accomplishments?

It suck that this is happening to you but you likely carried the substance onto the plane thinking about those accomplishment and also, "that Olympic Jersey" would make you above the law.

If you were caught on a plane in the US, it would still be illegal because it's a federal crime. I am guessing your jersey would have been enough to get you through customs with a wink and a smile. But not Russia.

Should the country go to war to free you?

To be expressly clear, I feel this was about any American who knowingly, breaks a law in another country.
    The kid who got caned a decades back, in Taiwan for vandalism, is another example. His parents begging Clinton to get him out, their poor boy. **** that. You want to enjoy another country, abide by their rules.

Doc, Day, Phoba if this is something you feel you need to delete, I understand. I am just tired of Americans crying foul

Ignorance is bliss

Brittney Griner.

"As I sit here in a Russian prison, alone with my thoughts and without the protection of my wife, family, friends, Olympic jersey, or any accomplishments, I'm terrified I might be here forever," Griner said in the letter.

Then you write the president a letter suggesting you are more important because or that jersey and accomplishments?

It suck that this is happening to you but you likely carried the substance onto the plane thinking about those accomplishment and also, "that Olympic Jersey" would make you above the law.

If you were caught on a plane in the US, it would still be illegal because it's a federal crime. I am guessing your jersey would have been enough to get you through customs with a wink and a smile. But not Russia.

To be expressly clear, I feel this was about any American who knowingly, breaks a law in another country.
    The kid who got caned a decades back, in Taiwan for vandalism, is another example. His parents begging Clinton to get him out, their poor boy. **** that. You want to enjoy another country, abide by their rules.

Doc, Day, Phoba if this is something you feel you need to delete, I understand. I am just tired of Americans crying foul
    This is why the US is the greatest country on earth and what some people in the know describe as the "ONLY" country on earth. Sounds Egotistical, but true in several aspects. That's why when people have overblown complaints about things they dislike here and say they want to live in another country, I'd offer to drive them to the airport.

Brittney Griner.

I 110% support this post and exactly sums up my feeling on this subject.
    Only thing I would add is I wish OUR country upheld it's laws in a similar manner. In this country you can get caught bring 50 keys of heroin and fentanyl into the country, even multiple times, and we just send them home or release them on a bail, knowing they will never show up.

She got caught with a small amount of pot and is going to spend some serious time in jail. A cartel guy can get caught bring 500 lbs of the same stuff and is told, go home and don't do it again

If this country really wanted to do something about drugs and drug related crimes they should either make it all legal so they can tax and control it ( which would take the gangs and cartels out of it for the most part) . Or, they need to make and ENFORCE drug laws that are particularly harsh for anyone caught with distribution amounts. . If you are going to give someone 25yrs for bringing in 1 kilo of whatever, it would vastly decrease the amount of people will to traffic large amounts of product. Get caught 1 time and it cost you 25yrs like in other countries, they'd think long and hard before doing it IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    This is why the US is the greatest country on earth and what some people in the know describe as the "ONLY" country on earth. Sounds Egotistical, but true in several aspects. That's why when people have overblown complaints about things they dislike here and say they want to live in another country, I'd offer to drive them to the airport.

I fully agree.

It's nice that they have the freedom to simply, leave if they choose.

Ignorance is bliss

OT thread NOT intended for political discussion.

What Clown, johnny and Day said [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why they let Chambliss go after the 79 season was a head scratcher. He was Mr consistent. You never heard him ***** and moan.

Sure Mattingly came in parts of 84 but from 1980-84 it should have been Chambliss at 1b.

He was an true professional and a good team leader who led by example. George messed that one up!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-07-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why they let Chambliss go after the 79 season was a head scratcher. He was Mr consistent. You never heard him ***** and moan.

Sure Mattingly came in parts of 84 but from 1980-84 it should have been Chambliss at 1b.

He was an true professional and a good team leader who led by example. George messed that one up!
    You are discussing one of the saddest moments in Yankees history. Thurman Munson died and the Yankees traded Chambliss for Rick Cerrone. It was the best trade that they could make under the circumstances for a catcher and as you probably realize you have to pay a premium on such a key position. Cerrone was no Munson, but he was serviceable, a good guy and even became a mainstay in the front office after his retirement.

Brittney Griner.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I 110% support this post and exactly sums up my feeling on this subject.
    Only thing I would add is I wish OUR country upheld it's laws in a similar manner. In this country you can get caught bring 50 keys of heroin and fentanyl into the country, even multiple times, and we just send them home or release them on a bail, knowing they will never show up.

She got caught with a small amount of pot and is going to spend some serious time in jail. A cartel guy can get caught bring 500 lbs of the same stuff and is told, go home and don't do it again

If this country really wanted to do something about drugs and drug related crimes they should either make it all legal so they can tax and control it ( which would take the gangs and cartels out of it for the most part) . Or, they need to make and ENFORCE drug laws that are particularly harsh for anyone caught with distribution amounts. . If you are going to give someone 25yrs for bringing in 1 kilo of whatever, it would vastly decrease the amount of people will to traffic large amounts of product. Get caught 1 time and it cost you 25yrs like in other countries, they'd think long and hard before doing it IMO

**** Brittney Griner. If that was any of us, no way we get preferential treatment and get to write letters to 46 begging for help not long after trashing the USA.

It's her own fault she's locked up. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I hope Russia keeps her permanently.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk