Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 354 of 358 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5361
    Sunday night baseball coming to ABC. How about that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Good. F ESPN.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    A Baseball. Channel

Ignorance is bliss

They need to bring back Monday Night Baseball. I miss Don Drysdale, Howard Cosell and Keith Jackson....

The younger fans on here need to UTube and fire up some old Monday Night Baseball games from 1977-1980, they were the best.....all 3 had their roles and they did it perfectly.

And I miss the Sat Baseball Game of the Week with Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek.....

But that was a time when there was no internet....now you can watch every game every night.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-05-2021 at 11:51 AM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Has anyone checked out next years schedule? Pretty straight forward except for the fact we only play the Mets 4 games instead of 6. First two weeks pretty tough.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Pro sports has dealt with things like Michael Vick, lots of drug issues, domestic abuse,that’s all I can think of offhand, so we’ll see how this plays out.
    I wouldn’t be that surprised if he does eventually make it back to the majors, but definitely not this year for everyone’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was horrified by Vick but I actually get it because it's not what he learned. I know man y people who think a dog is a dog and they do what they do. Ezikial Elliot has had his giant dogs kill dogs. His comments are, it's what dogs do. He's an. ignorant irresponsible ****ing moron but it's what he learned.
    I don't understand the fighting dog culture. And even within that, if you take care of your animals and don't let them breed (keep them under control), I think it's horrible but it's done with roosters, cricket and humans.
    To be clear, there are many, many reasons I hope it gets stopped permanently. In no way am I condoning what Vick did. This is a long winded commentary that crescendos here, what Bauer allegedly has done is so far beyond anything Vick did or any drug taken. What Bauer allegedly did is use his position and fame to gratuitously injure and degrade another human being. I am all for rough dirty stuff in bed. 100% love it. These allegations are far from consenting adults. This is domestic violence and rape all rolled into one.

If, I am staying If these allegations come to be even half truths, Bauer should be jailed, stripped of his contract and never, ever set foot on a baseball filed unless it is to mow the lawn or pick up trash.

If it is true, it is IMO the worst crime committed in MLB, ever. He abused his position to take advantage.

Now, if this is proven untrue? That woman needs to be sentenced to hard time for a decade and the league ops him a formal apology for any injustice caused.

Base on how things are playing out? I suspect this woman settles for a boatload and he ends up back in the league. If that happens, I hope every hitter in the league charges and beats him with a bat.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I was horrified by Vick but I actually get it because it's not what he learned. I know man y people who think a dog is a dog and they do what they do. Ezikial Elliot has had his giant dogs kill dogs. His comments are, it's what dogs do. He's an. ignorant irresponsible ****ing moron but it's what he learned.
    I don't understand the fighting dog culture. And even within that, if you take care of your animals and don't let them breed (keep them under control), I think it's horrible but it's done with roosters, cricket and humans.
    To be clear, there are many, many reasons I hope it gets stopped permanently. In no way am I condoning what Vick did. This is a long winded commentary that crescendos here, what Bauer allegedly has done is so far beyond anything Vick did or any drug taken. What Bauer allegedly did is use his position and fame to gratuitously injure and degrade another human being. I am all for rough dirty stuff in bed. 100% love it. These allegations are far from consenting adults. This is domestic violence and rape all rolled into one.

If, I am staying If these allegations come to be even half truths, Bauer should be jailed, stripped of his contract and never, ever set foot on a baseball filed unless it is to mow the lawn or pick up trash.

If it is true, it is IMO the worst crime committed in MLB, ever. He abused his position to take advantage.

Now, if this is proven untrue? That woman needs to be sentenced to hard time for a decade and the league ops him a formal apology for any injustice caused.

Base on how things are playing out? I suspect this woman settles for a boatload and he ends up back in the league. If that happens, I hope every hitter in the league charges and beats him with a bat.
    People that abuse animals, or fight any of them for sport are about the lowest life form IMO

One of the few things i find worse is what Bauer allegedly did. If it was consensual its one thing, but from all the reports thats not what this was. His justification for punching her in her lady parts was he was trying to wake her up because he had choked her to hard. If proven true, he should absolutely go to jail and not be allowed to buy his way out of it

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    People that abuse animals, or fight any of them for sport are about the lowest life form IMO

One of the few things i find worse is what Bauer allegedly did. If it was consensual its one thing, but from all the reports thats not what this was. His justification for punching her in her lady parts was he was trying to wake her up because he had choked her to hard. If proven true, he should absolutely go to jail and not be allowed to buy his way out of it
    For the bolded, that is the quick version of what I was trying to say.

I think what Vick did is detestable but pales in comparison to these allegations

Hey Trevor, normally when someone is unconscious, you shake them a bit, a slap in the face, how about mouth to mouth?
    But punching her cooch? Really?
    I am in to some whacky stuff but punching her cooch? WTF?
    Hey Trevor, to me that shows a really deep hatred and fear of women and it is really ****ed up.
    It's a good thing you weren't playing for the Yankees. If the NY media had hold of this?

Day, If it is true, I think he should be able to buy his way out if but not with money. With a line of gigantic dudes who are going to forcefully abuse his mouth and when he chokes and becomes unconscious, they nut punch him to wake him.
    This is a two fold punishment, it gives the obvious experiential lesson but after a bunch of nut punches, it will prevent this **** bag from having kids.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Can MLB void his contract? And is that scumbag still getting a paycheck?
    I think they could if he were convicted.

There has to be a clause regarding the league's reputation and the players responsibility to uphold it.

Ignorance is bliss

I think they could if he were convicted.

There has to be a clause regarding the league's reputation and the players responsibility to uphold it.
    I like his talent but after hearing what had happened I even deleted him from my Out of Park sim game.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

I like his talent but after hearing what had happened I even deleted him from my Out of Park sim game.
    Word.

Ignorance is bliss

Can MLB void his contract? And is that scumbag still getting a paycheck? Hell, his monthly paycheck pretty much set him up for life anyway so it doesn’t even matter anymore...They just need to make an example out of him and throw him out of the league permanently.

If the Bauer stuff didn't get under your skin already

"So why is Bauer’s team so intent on delaying? One possibility we heard is that his team is hoping that if proceedings are delayed through September, the MLB Players’ Association will stop agreeing to extend his administrative leave, which currently expires on August 6. If Bauer does return to the mound, MLB would be hard-pressed to suspend Bauer during the stretch run and into the playoffs. In other words, Bauer would be able to use the bully pulpit of the playoffs stage to pressure the petitioner to drop her case, especially, if he plays a key role in a deep Los Angeles playoff run and gains fan popularity in the process. We did reach out to the MLBPA regarding whether the union plans to stop agreeing to extend Bauer’s administrative leave, and the union declined comment through a spokesperson."

(Doc and Day feel free to move this to Off Topic thread)

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

I was talking to a policeman one day and I said to him" I could never do your job,and it's not even so much the danger but I can not imagine going to a home where you know some guy had just kicked the crap out of his wife or kid" So he say's to me " I've been doing this job 22 years and still the hardest thing for me is the animals and the kids cause they have no say in the matter"
    and as far as people who participate in dog fighting,**** fighting etc? There's a special place in hell for them

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I was talking to a policeman one day and I said to him" I could never do your job,and it's not even so much the danger but I can not imagine going to a home where you know some guy had just kicked the crap out of his wife or kid" So he say's to me " I've been doing this job 22 years and still the hardest thing for me is the animals and the kids cause they have no say in the matter"
    and as far as people who participate in dog fighting,**** fighting etc? There's a special place in hell for them
    Repeatedly, for eternity hands and feet tide, in a dog ring where the dog first chews them up and then tears up the other end.

Ignorance is bliss

Repeatedly, for eternity hands and feet tide, in a dog ring where the dog first chews them up and then tears up the other end.
    Yes Clown-agreed I have no tolerance for that stuff at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk