Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 306 of 323 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 4842
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    All,of that means nothing Dr. This team is reeling. Hicks, Torres, Sanchez, Gardy all canít hit their way out of a paper bag. Stanton is gone again. The Aís look like they are the clear favorites!

The fun season with youth of 2017 is long gone. Ash an might need to reshuffle again.
    I am not as pessimistic as you but I do see the issues with this team. I think they have another window that will be around Torres. They have a solid foundation. They will be fine. It might not be this year but it will work out.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am not as pessimistic as you but I do see the issues with this team. I think they have another window that will be around Torres. They have a solid foundation. They will be fine. It might not be this year but it will work out.
    Hopefully you are right. I do want Torres, Judge and Frazier to be the new Key 3.

Or a Core 4 of Judge, Sanchez, Torres and Frazier.

Andujar seems to lost have his bat and nowhere to play. He is just a DH and with Big Mike stuck here it might be wise to trade Andujar at the deadline for a starter to replace Happ for the postseason.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Guys, I realize this is the OT thread, but can we give it a rest. Thanks in advance.

The wacky world of Nicky. Even when you're right, you're wrong. Too funny for words.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hopefully you are right. I do want Torres, Judge and Frazier to be the new Key 3.

Andujar seems to lost have his bat and nowhere to play. He is just a DH and with Big Mike stuck here it might be wise to trade Andujar at the deadline for a starter to replace Happ for the postseason.
    I was under the impression that Andujar was being kept down for a few more weeks to keep him under team control an extra year. It has nothing to do with performance.

Ignorance is bliss

Andujar has had 14 ABs this year lol

Watching UTube with Mickey Mantle stories that he tells with his interviews

His best stories are when he and Billy Martin were our past curfew on most nights. In fact every night, lol.

I had never seen Mantle play but I bet it was a treat.

He sure was humbled during 1985-1995

I hate to burst your bubble but there is no room for 3 dhs on this team and that is what Sanchez , judge and Stanton will be in a couple years if they keep getting hurt . The front office is gonna have to make some tough decisions soon

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Andujar has had 14 ABs this year lol

Yeah andujar has no place on this team right now hence only 14 at bats

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but there is no room for 3 dhs on this team and that is what Sanchez , judge and Stanton will be in a couple years if they keep getting hurt . The front office is gonna have to make some tough decisions soon
    Hal will not let Judge walk no matter what his injury history is. He may not get that huge pact that he wants but will be paid at a hometown discount IMO.

Andujar is certainly GONE by the deadline for whatever the need is......

Iím 100 guaranteed of that!

Dr or even Yanksguy, why did George let Reggie go after 1981?

Did he want Winfield money too? Actually he probably deserved it!

I missed that Game 5 vs the Brewers in the strike year playoffs 1981 and his huge HR got the Yankees going in thst game. He was certainly the money player. The fans went absolutely nuts on his HR! Great Game to watch and relive. And great quality on utube.

Righetti was so dominant and that was another 1980s mistake by not keeping that lefthander in the rotation. That dumb move caused a lot of other moves to happen which in turn ruined the mid 80s Yankees chances of getting into Oct play.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-17-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Watching the 1978 Game 163 with Yanks/RedSox.

Didnít realize this but the count was 1-1 to Bucky Dent. Dent on the previous pitch hit one off of his shin and was in Serious pain for about 5 miniutes.

But the real question is did Bucky have a corked bat? When the Yankee trainer came out to work on Dentís shin the bat boy delivered a brand new bat to Bucky. And on the very next pitch with that new bat he sent it over the Green Monster and the rest is history.

Hmmmmmm

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

The Goose is loose!

I love that from Scooter.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Why canít players swing on 3-0 counts when up 10-0?

Chris Russo is wrong IMO.

A little secret Chris, donít go to 3-0 and donít let the game get to 10-0.

Screw unwritten rules!

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Dr or even Yanksguy, why did George let Reggie go after 1981?

Did he want Winfield money too? Actually he probably deserved it!

I missed that Game 5 vs the Brewers in the strike year playoffs 1981 and his huge HR got the Yankees going in thst game. He was certainly the money player. The fans went absolutely nuts on his HR! Great Game to watch and relive. And great quality on utube.

Righetti was so dominant and that was another 1980s mistake by not keeping that lefthander in the rotation. That dumb move caused a lot of other moves to happen which in turn ruined the mid 80s Yankees chances of getting into Oct play.
    Nicky, Imo it was bad blood that had been brewing for some time. Years later George admitted he regretted the move. After signing Winfield, who Reggie helped recruit, the relationship deteriorated quickly as a tabloid fued escalated. Prior to the 1981 season, Jackson was under the impression that along with Winfield, he would remain the centerpiece of the Yankeesí powerful lineup for the remainder of his career. I think a large part was ego on both parts. Reggie still wanted to be center stage and George was always the boss.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin
    ďThe greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.Ē --- Seneca