Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    what does this mean to you?
    It means that while I certainly do find evolution pretty amazing, and there is NO denying that evolution does occur on some level (no ones gonna deny europe is colder than africa), I also think that there's a little bit of a sell job going on with it regarding how concrete everything we know about it is.

The **** definitely makes sense tho. I won't deny that. On a LOT of levels.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    It means we are more closely related to an ape than an iguana. Why is that? If God created all creatures individually, why are some more alike than others unless they are related. It means that subtle changes in DNA structures can cause noticeable structural differences in mammals in terms or prominence and function (opposable thumbs etc), but really we are not so different that you'd find "transitional fossils.
    Why would something being more alike necessitate that they are related? Of course we're more alike to an ape. Just like we're more like an iguana than a spider. More like a spider than a tree. Tree than a rock.

and of course, we all from the stars. From dust to clay. something like that.

Either way, point being that of course all things are going to have varying likeness to other things.

Altho maybe a neanderthal is kinda like a transitional fossil, lol, I don't know

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Sup ack

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    2) I believe that the dinosaurs were created at the same time as the rest of the animals. And some may still be around (we have lots of Loch Ness Monster type stories from around the world). Not only that but I believe that many of the animals we see today are descendants of the dinosaurs. But I don't believe that they have become birds as has been suggested.
    rofllmao

but you don't "believe" in evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    rofllmao

but you don't "believe" in evolution?
    If youíre gonna join these threads you might as well get used to it now

All what we know about God, is basiclly compiled on the Blible, and all we know about the genesis and this store about the man's creation and then all the animals.

But, the animals were not mentioned in a specific way. They are just called "beasts".

Personally speaking, dinosaurs could be included with that word.

Quote Originally Posted by Saulin29 View Post
    All what we know about God, is basiclly compiled on the Blible, and all we know about the genesis and this store about the man's creation and then all the animals.

But, the animals were not mentioned in a specific way. They are just called "beasts".

Personally speaking, dinosaurs could be included with that word.
    Kind of like saying all we know about wizards is basically compiled in Harry Potter.

We don't "know" anything about God. But many have beliefs about God. And many of those beliefs are based on what can be found in the Bible. Doesn't it work better when you say it that way?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

I am atheist, come from a family of different religious backgrounds, and I respect other people's beliefs, however, some people are just clowns.

This guy at work (Christian) doesn't believe in dinosaurs because they weren't in the bible ( I haven't read all of the bible I was kinda forced as kid to do some religious stuff, I don't remember everything) and thinks someone went around burying all those bones.

I mean, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DethRidesAHorse View Post
    I am atheist, come from a family of different religious backgrounds, and I respect other people's beliefs, however, some people are just clowns.

This guy at work (Christian) doesn't believe in dinosaurs because they weren't in the bible ( I haven't read all of the bible I was kinda forced as kid to do some religious stuff, I don't remember everything) and thinks someone went around burying all those bones.

I mean, wow.
    That doesn't even make sense, the bible doesnt talk about cars either, did he ever try to rationale some type of conspiracy against the falsehood of cars?

LOL

Heís generally an idiot, so, Iím not surprised. Itís the dumbest bible related thing Iíve ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That doesn't even make sense, the bible doesnt talk about cars either, did he ever try to rationale some type of conspiracy against the falsehood of cars?
    Outstanding point!

But I think he'd net out on the difference between something that allegedly lived millions of years ago versus something that no one would argue wasn't created by contemporary human beings.

So there's that.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234