Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dinosaurs

I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    What I believe and what has been proven are two different things. I don't make decisions based on what I think but what we know.
    What are you trying to say?
    That the above mantra is quite contradictory when it comes to your beliefs and positions about religion.[/QUOTE]

You mean baseball and faith aren't the same thing? And I can't have different rationale for both? Whaaaaaaaat?

How did they fit the all the dinosaurs onto the Ark?

LMFAO

Oh you mean the THEORY I was talking about?

I know when you use the word "theory" you automatically assume it's settled science and therefore not up for debate. When I use the word, I am meaning that a group of people propose that something might have happened in a certain way but it still cannot be proven without a doubt.

What will you do when evolution is proven false? I mean, it's been around for almost 200 years (Darwins form anyways) and it still hasn't produce any transitional fossils... which Darwin said would be plentiful.

How long will you cling to this religion of yours?
    Darwin was wrong. You won’t find transitional fossils. Evolution is too slow and incremental.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    What do religious people think about the existence of Dinosaurs? Did God create them? Why did he wipe them off the face of the Earth? Why did he create them before Humans?

Not trolling. I have a friend who recently "found religion" for lack of a better term. It amazes me at how it transformed her life - real talk. I consider myself curiously agnostic, but not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind getting a transformation similar to what I've seen occur with her. I think religious conviction is not only something you can't be born into (my mother is Jewish and people tell me that means I am Jewish - I think inheriting religion is a load of crap), but it's not something you can fake yourself into. It's gotta be real or whatever, something it is nowhere near with me.

Me and her like to debate science vs religion and existence and all that good stuff. One answer I have not been given a solid response is to that of the existence of Dinosaurs.

What say you, my religious peoples?
    Here's your answer.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hTrYUFu44F...d-together.jpg

Dinosaurs are not real. They were put here by the devil to test our faith.

I went to the Creation Museum and I saw plenty of great evidence of their existence and plenty of exhibits that convinced me that man and dinosaur walked the Earth together God created them on the 6th day.

It was basically a ****ing dinosaur museum
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I went to the Creation Museum and I saw plenty of great evidence of their existence and plenty of exhibits that convinced me that man and dinosaur walked the Earth together God created them on the 6th day.

It was basically a ****ing dinosaur museum

Have you seen Ken Hamm's ark?

Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Have you seen Ken Hamm's ark?
    Nope. I'll be in the Lexington area early next year and plan on making the trek. I love going to those places and just taking it all in. The people watching is fantastic.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Nope. I'll be in the Lexington area early next year and plan on making the trek. I love going to those places and just taking it all in. The people watching is fantastic.
    Ha ya I hear you. I would do the same thing. I just watched a video of Ken Hamm and Bill Nye walking through it and debating. It was rather entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Darwin was wrong. You won’t find transitional fossils. Evolution is too slow and incremental.
    In theory, that slow process is a "transitional" fossil, since in theory we are all in the midst of evolving

Having said that, I don't think any transition fossils actually exist, I think everything is speciated and we assume transition must have taken place (based on various logics and facts). From what I've seen, most transition fossils are just recreations based on what we expect, rather than coming across an entire skeletal structure that shows a cow turning into a whale, or a unicorn into a human, or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    In theory, that slow process is a "transitional" fossil, since in theory we are all in the midst of evolving

Having said that, I don't think any transition fossils actually exist, I think everything is speciated and we assume transition must have taken place (based on various logics and facts). From what I've seen, most transition fossils are just recreations based on what we expect, rather than coming across an entire skeletal structure that shows a cow turning into a whale, or a unicorn into a human, or whatever
    what does this mean to you?

Orangutans share 97 percent of their DNA sequence with humans.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

what does this mean to you?
    What does it mean to you? We share probably 50% or more of our DNA with virtually any organic material in existence. It's sort of like saying ubuntu shares much of its code with a 16 bit gameboy game. Sounds neat and all but doesn't mean much except as classification, and it sure as hell doesn't mean one came from the other (which of course they didn't, in both cases).

It means we are more closely related to an ape than an iguana. Why is that? If God created all creatures individually, why are some more alike than others unless they are related. It means that subtle changes in DNA structures can cause noticeable structural differences in mammals in terms or prominence and function (opposable thumbs etc), but really we are not so different that you'd find "transitional fossils.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Yeah, no.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast