Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Chiefs owner was interviewed and he was asked about whether or not Eric Berry and Dontari Poe would be with the team in 2017.

He talked about Eric Berry and how he was a leader in the locker room and the community and how they absolutely wanted him on the team.

Then he was asked about Dontari Poe and said something along the lines that you want to keep all your players but it has to make sense financially. But that he hoped they could find a way for him to be on the team.

It sure sounded like they already have come to grips with losing Dontari Poe and keeping Eric Berry.

Marcus Mariota

Some salary news and projections for some free agents of interest

WR Kenny Stills - Spotrac has him projected at 4-year $26 million ($6.5 million). It has been rumored that he has a deal in that neighborhood on the table from the Dolphins. But that he has seen the contracts that players with smaller numbers have got and thinks he can get $8-10 million a year in free agency.

CB Logan Ryan - This is one that I felt would be of interest to the Titans and would likely be looking for $8-10 million a year. There were some reports that came out about him being worth around $6 million a year. Well spotrac has him projected at 5-year $70 million ($14 million a year).

CB A.J. Bouye - The reports are that he prefers to stay with Houston but they are having cap issues. Spotrac has him projected at 5-year $57.5 million ($11.5 million a year).

CB Prince Amakumara - Another one that wants to stay with the Jaguars and is being projected by Spotrac at 4-year $44 million ($11 million per year)

CB Trumaine Johnson - The Rams are seemingly gonna let him test free agency he is being projected at 4-year $50 million ($12.5 million per year)

S Eric Berry - I like the spotrac projections but this is one that they are way off having him at 4-year $36 milllion ($9 million per year). He played under the franchise tag last year at $10 million and they were gonna tag him again at almost $13 million this year but he told them he wouldn't play or sign a long deal otherwise. So if they paid him $10 million last year and were gonna pay him $13 million this year. Why would he sign for $9 million a year for 4 years? The rumor is that he is seeking top safety money in the $12 million a year range.

NT Brandon Williams - There are rumors that the Titans might be in the market to upgrade at the NT position. He is one that I seen mentioned on a couple other sites but he is being projected at 5-year $62.5 million ($12.5 million per year). I can't see JR paying that much money for a NT.

NT Dontari Poe - This is another one that I believe will make it to free agency. There are some issues here as rumors about chronic back problems. He is being projected at 5-year $60 million ($12 million a year). No way I would pay Poe that kind of money.

LB Dont'a Hightower - One the Patriots defensive stars is projected at 4-year $40 million ($10 million a year). However there are reports that he is wanting what Jamie Collins got from the Browns which was 4-year $50 million ($12 million a year).

WR Alshon Jeffery - The big WR target in free agency that everybody expects to get paid. They have him projected at 5-year $60 million but the rumors are saying $14-15 million a year.

DE Jason Pierre-Paul - He is being projected for a big contract at 5-year $73 million ($14.5 million a year). I can't see him getting quite that much. Especially at his age.

WR Pierre Garcon - The 30-year old is a reliable receiver and his projected at 3-year $26 million ($9 million a year). Which is seemingly about right according to rumors.

WR Desean Jackson - Another Redskin wideout who is wanting to get paid. He is projected at 2-year $15 million ($7.5 million a year). I'm reading that both Jackson and Garcon are thinking they can get $10 million a year in free agency.

WR Terrance Williams - The Dallas Cowboys speedster is being projected at 4-year $33 million ($8 million a year). That is more than I expected for a guy that has only averaged roughly 44 catches and 700 yards a year.

WR Terrelle Pryor - He is being projected at 4-year $36 million ($9 million a year). He wants to stay in Cleveland and they want him to stay in Cleveland. The rumor is that he has an offer on the table from the Browns worth $10 million a year.

WR Robert Woods - The Bills are trying to figure out their quarterback situation so I can't see them letting a good reciever go but he is being projected at 4-year $32 million. I see him being comparable to Rishard Matthews in last free agency. A good sure-handed possession receiver but he can make some things happen after the catch.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Some salary news and projections for some free agents of interest

WR Kenny Stills - Spotrac has him projected at 4-year $26 million ($6.5 million). It has been rumored that he has a deal in that neighborhood on the table from the Dolphins. But that he has seen the contracts that players with smaller numbers have got and thinks he can get $8-10 million a year in free agency.

CB Logan Ryan - This is one that I felt would be of interest to the Titans and would likely be looking for $8-10 million a year. There were some reports that came out about him being worth around $6 million a year. Well spotrac has him projected at 5-year $70 million ($14 million a year).

CB A.J. Bouye - The reports are that he prefers to stay with Houston but they are having cap issues. Spotrac has him projected at 5-year $57.5 million ($11.5 million a year).

CB Prince Amakumara - Another one that wants to stay with the Jaguars and is being projected by Spotrac at 4-year $44 million ($11 million per year)

CB Trumaine Johnson - The Rams are seemingly gonna let him test free agency he is being projected at 4-year $50 million ($12.5 million per year)

S Eric Berry - I like the spotrac projections but this is one that they are way off having him at 4-year $36 milllion ($9 million per year). He played under the franchise tag last year at $10 million and they were gonna tag him again at almost $13 million this year but he told them he wouldn't play or sign a long deal otherwise. So if they paid him $10 million last year and were gonna pay him $13 million this year. Why would he sign for $9 million a year for 4 years? The rumor is that he is seeking top safety money in the $12 million a year range.

NT Brandon Williams - There are rumors that the Titans might be in the market to upgrade at the NT position. He is one that I seen mentioned on a couple other sites but he is being projected at 5-year $62.5 million ($12.5 million per year). I can't see JR paying that much money for a NT.

NT Dontari Poe - This is another one that I believe will make it to free agency. There are some issues here as rumors about chronic back problems. He is being projected at 5-year $60 million ($12 million a year). No way I would pay Poe that kind of money.

LB Dont'a Hightower - One the Patriots defensive stars is projected at 4-year $40 million ($10 million a year). However there are reports that he is wanting what Jamie Collins got from the Browns which was 4-year $50 million ($12 million a year).

WR Alshon Jeffery - The big WR target in free agency that everybody expects to get paid. They have him projected at 5-year $60 million but the rumors are saying $14-15 million a year.

DE Jason Pierre-Paul - He is being projected for a big contract at 5-year $73 million ($14.5 million a year). I can't see him getting quite that much. Especially at his age.

WR Pierre Garcon - The 30-year old is a reliable receiver and his projected at 3-year $26 million ($9 million a year). Which is seemingly about right according to rumors.

WR Desean Jackson - Another Redskin wideout who is wanting to get paid. He is projected at 2-year $15 million ($7.5 million a year). I'm reading that both Jackson and Garcon are thinking they can get $10 million a year in free agency.

WR Terrance Williams - The Dallas Cowboys speedster is being projected at 4-year $33 million ($8 million a year). That is more than I expected for a guy that has only averaged roughly 44 catches and 700 yards a year.

WR Terrelle Pryor - He is being projected at 4-year $36 million ($9 million a year). He wants to stay in Cleveland and they want him to stay in Cleveland. The rumor is that he has an offer on the table from the Browns worth $10 million a year.

WR Robert Woods - The Bills are trying to figure out their quarterback situation so I can't see them letting a good reciever go but he is being projected at 4-year $32 million. I see him being comparable to Rishard Matthews in last free agency. A good sure-handed possession receiver but he can make some things happen after the catch.
    I always appreciate your insight SteelCity. You don't get enough credit for the time you put into these types of posts. I really enjoy reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by warehouseisbare View Post
    I always appreciate your insight SteelCity. You don't get enough credit for the time you put into these types of posts. I really enjoy reading them.
    Thanks I haven't had as much time to post on here lately. I am about to start looking at the draft. I love this time of the year as much as the season.

Marcus Mariota

Excellent list, scr.

My two dream targets post-franchise tag designations are Terrelle Pryor, who I think is well on his way to being a true, reliable #1 receiver, and Dont'a Hightower, who is just a match made in heaven for our team. Would also love to see us get our hands on one of the solid CBs available so it's not such a desperately pressing issue going into the draft and we aren't pigeonholed into taking a DB in Round 1.

I think this year much more so than recent years past is the year to go hard in free agency. Gotta put this roster over the top after the massive improvement this past season. Can't wait to see what JR is cooking up.

Haven't posted on this site in quite awhile. Just have very little time these days. Hope all of you fellow PSDers are doing well.

I know FA is right around the corner, but to talk a little of the Draft, I'm starting to see Allen's draft stock fall pretty much everywhere I look. Thomas keeps rising on the boards and he's expected to have a great Combine as well, so right now, it looks like there's a good chance Allen will be there for us at 5. I love Hooker, I think he's likely going to be Earl Thomas 2.0, and I'd definitely love to add him to this thin secondary. But I don't really know how you can pass on Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Awesome-O View Post
    Excellent list, scr.

My two dream targets post-franchise tag designations are Terrelle Pryor, who I think is well on his way to being a true, reliable #1 receiver, and Dont'a Hightower, who is just a match made in heaven for our team. Would also love to see us get our hands on one of the solid CBs available so it's not such a desperately pressing issue going into the draft and we aren't pigeonholed into taking a DB in Round 1.

I think this year much more so than recent years past is the year to go hard in free agency. Gotta put this roster over the top after the massive improvement this past season. Can't wait to see what JR is cooking up.

Haven't posted on this site in quite awhile. Just have very little time these days. Hope all of you fellow PSDers are doing well.
    I have come around and got on the Terrelle Pryor wagon. In part because how crazy the wide receiver market appears to have become. I was thinking that Kenny Stills might have been an option for $7-8 million a year. But now they are saying all this $12 million a year nonsense.

But yeah with Terrelle Pryor he doesn't turn 28 until this summer. So he has at least a good 3-4 years left in the tank. In his first season playing wide receiver he has 77-1,007-4 on a Browns team that had a revolving door at quarterback while playing with a torn ligament in his hand. That is impressive.

But I think there is more there that might fall into the intangibles that Jon Robinson likes in his players. He is only the 2nd player to pass for 1,000 yards in a season and catch for a 1,000 yards in a season in NFL history. So you have a former quarterback that is now playing wide receiver. So he has more insight to the position having played both positions. You also know he has a high football IQ having played Quarterback.

Just look at his career. How many guys have come into the league that are dead set at playing quarterback and when that window was gone they just gave up. Tim Tebow is a perfect example. There were teams that wanted him to tryout at other positions and he refused to play anything other than quarterback.

Then you have Terrelle Pryor. A 6'4 220 guy that ran a 4.4 in the 40. It wasn't working at quarterback. He doesn't quit he says I'm going to play any position to make the team. Because playing football was more important than playing quarterback. He offered to play defense and special teams as well.

The rumor is that he is looking for $10-11 million a year. It is hard to give that kind of money to a player with only one good season under their belt. But if Jon Robinson does then I'm confident it was a good decision.

Marcus Mariota

What about Brandin Cooks? The rumor is the Titans #18 for Cooks straight up or the Titans #5 for Cooks and the #11 pick. I kinda like that second option.

He is only gonna be 24. He is one of the fastest guys in the league (ran a 4.33 at the combine and the fastest 20-yard shuttle). Has had back-to-back +1,100-yard seasons. He has caught 68% of his career targets which is higher than most of the top receivers in the league.

Then he is set to make $2.5 million this year and the option for next year is $8.5 million. So 2 relatively cheap years before a new contract.

Marcus Mariota

What about Brandin Cooks? The rumor is the Titans #18 for Cooks straight up or the Titans #5 for Cooks and the #11 pick. I kinda like that second option.

He is only gonna be 24. He is one of the fastest guys in the league (ran a 4.33 at the combine and the fastest 20-yard shuttle). Has had back-to-back +1,100-yard seasons. He has caught 68% of his career targets which is higher than most of the top receivers in the league.

Then he is set to make $2.5 million this year and the option for next year is $8.5 million. So 2 relatively cheap years before a new contract.
    I haven't kept up completely with the Saints, but I think I remember well enough that he has publicly complained about lack of targets. That may not be the actual same thing, but it sounds like some similar issues we've experienced with Wright. Talented guy, no doubt, just not sure he fits what they have repeatedly said to look for in players.

I really like the second option too. Only thing is, nfl.com is reporting that he wants a hefty contract extension. They're saying he wants to be one of the highest paid WRs. I'd have no problem with paying him a lot of money, but we don't know what he'd do in a Titans uniform. If they could work it so that year 1 would be his prove it year, then start talking big bucks, that would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    I really like the second option too. Only thing is, nfl.com is reporting that he wants a hefty contract extension. They're saying he wants to be one of the highest paid WRs. I'd have no problem with paying him a lot of money, but we don't know what he'd do in a Titans uniform. If they could work it so that year 1 would be his prove it year, then start talking big bucks, that would be ideal.
    Id rather go after Alshon Jeffrey, he'd only cost money and not draft picks

Titans 2018 Draft Class

22. Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
    41. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
    152. Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
    199. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Id rather go after Alshon Jeffrey, he'd only cost money and not draft picks
    I'm not giving $14-15 million to a guy that failed at least 2 drug tests in a contract year. You gotta be special to get popped a second time when you are in stage 1 protocol and know exactly when that next test is coming.... And fail again anyways.

Marcus Mariota

Some rumors from free agency

The Titans are said to be in the mix for AJ Bouye. The Texans, Bucs and Jaguars are also said to be in the mix with each having offers worth +$12 million a year on the table. The Eagles and Bears were said to be in the mix but have moved on to other targets. Sources in Houston don't think he is resigning and that Jacksonville is the frontrunner.

Kenny Britt and Alshon Jeffery both rumored to be all but wrapped up in Philly.

Mike Glennon and Stephon Gilmore both rumored to be going to Chicago.

Desean Jackson rumored to be going to Tampa Bay.

Kirk Cousins to San Francisco said by multiple sources to be inevitable at some point.

Donta Hightower said to be in talks with Cleveland and New England.

The Steelers are said to have dropped interest in Terrelle Pryor and Dre Kirkpatrick due to asking price. Both said to be wanting +$10 million. The Titans were linked to both at a point.

The Rams in talks with multiple teams about trading Trumaine Johnson.

The Browns are willing to trade the #12 pick for Jimmy G.

Marcus Mariota

I love hearing that the titans are looking at this big time free agents, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. We do this every year, we show interest in everyone, and then we sign people that make sense financially. I just pray that we can sign a starting CB and a deep threat WR. If we do that and resign Fasano, then we will be in a great spot going into the draft allowing us to sign the best player available. Even with those signings I hope we get a least one DB in the first round of the draft.

My wish list
    1. Bouye, Logan, and/or Kirkpatrick
    2. Pryor, Torrey Smith, or Stills
    3. Donta Hightower

Draft
    1. DB don't care which one as long as its a first round talent prefer Jamal Adams or Lattimore

John Hendrix tweeted that the Titans offered the 18th pick for Cooks and it was turned down

Titans 2018 Draft Class

22. Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
    41. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
    152. Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
    199. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast