Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 136
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,614
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Jesus, I don't know what's more annoying. The fact that no Dodgers fan apparently knows how to use quotes on this site, or the obnoxious overuse of emojis. But suffice it to say that I'm bored and exhausted with the debate at this point. I'm not going to waste hours of my life arguing semantics, psychological terms and the same 5 basic arguments I've stated probably a dozen times across multiple threads. We're spinning our wheels, and I have better things to do with my time.

    Enjoy the season, Dodgers fans. I look forward to another AL team winning the World Series again this year.
    If these were the 1980's, then we would be butting heads with you often in the old NL West.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    That's what annoys you, quotes and emojis? You're an intelligent guy but you don't seem to accept your own role in this banter. It seems the stress and emotion of this endless debate would be quickly mitigated if anyone (fans, players, management, ownership) from the Astros would show any sign of true contrition or acknowledgement of their deeds that either a)isn't immediately followed by some deflection toward other teams or past cheating in the sport, or b) isn't dismissive of any real benefit potentially garnered from the cheating itself.

    Houston has a talented team and will likely contend for the AL pennant again this year. Their biggest challenge is going to be opening their eyes and ears to what is going on around them. They have an organizational problem and the longer they point outside the organization as either the cause or justification of their issues, the longer this banter will go on in message boards, the media, the stadiums, etc.

    Good luck to the Astros. It is going to be a long ride.
    I'm pretty sure this is what I've been trying to say but is taking me forever. Thanks dude.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    1. Look at the talent on the team in 2017. They would have been contenders with or without the scheme.
    Flash forward with basically the same team after being caught cheating...


  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Just ****ed your big money closer up.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Flash forward with basically the same team after being caught cheating...

    You forget about them not having Verlander and Cole? Man you Dodgers fans are petty af.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Petty? Lol

    You’re a Giants troll injecting himself in every Dodgers argument that has nothing to do with Giants...

    Also, if Verlander and Cole were hitters maybe you’d have a point but, as far as we can tell, their pitchers weren’t cheating, genius... And their hitters are pretty much the same. Theoretically, their big bats should be entering their prime.

    I’m talking about this...

    Astros Team OPS
    2017: 0.826
    2020: 0.735
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 09-13-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

    - Carl Sagan


  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Petty? Lol

    You’re a Giants troll injecting himself in every Dodgers argument that has nothing to do with Giants...

    Also, if Verlander and Cole were hitters maybe you’d have a point but, as far as we can tell, their pitchers weren’t cheating, genius... And their hitters are pretty much the same. Theoretically, their big bats should be entering their prime.

    I’m talking about this...

    Astros Team OPS
    2017: 0.826
    2020: 0.735
    No **** their pitchers weren't cheating. My point was you have to expect a big dropoff when you lose two players of that caliber, genius. Astros are having a mediocre year and their offense is down but you're glossing over the fact that Alvarez, Bregman, and Springer have all missed significant time.

    Either way about it, it's funny that you came in **** talking just a *little* prematurely (before Jansen torpedoed that four run lead).

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No **** their pitchers weren't cheating. My point was you have to expect a big dropoff when you lose two players of that caliber, genius. Astros are having a mediocre year and their offense is down but you're glossing over the fact that Alvarez, Bregman, and Springer have all missed significant time.

    Either way about it, it's funny that you came in **** talking just a *little* prematurely (before Jansen torpedoed that four run lead).
    Lol - did I strike a nerve with a non-Astros fan? Or are you here because your whole baseball existence revolves around hating the Dodgers?

    Everything you wrote above is just plain wrong.

    Firstly, you could argue the Astros’ team OPS is down because their star players missed time... but you’d be wrong. Here are the OPS’s and games played for the six “star” players from the 2017 team...

    OPS (Games Played out of 46)
    Altuve - 0.606 (35)
    Reddick - 0.739 (43)
    Correa - 0.766 (45)
    Gurriel - 0.768 (45)
    Bregman - 0.807 (28)
    Springer - 0.810 (39)

    Is it causation? Of course not, but it sure smells like some dank *** fish.

    Bregman is the only player who “missed significant time” prior to Altuve hitting the 10 day. These same players went from leading the majors in just about every major statistical category, to this...

    Avg - .245 (16th in MLB)
    OBP - .308 (21st)
    Slg - .417 (17th)
    OPS - .736 (18th)
    oWAR - 5.5 oWAR (18th)

    And that’s after contributions from Brantley (.894 OPS) and Tucker (.833) - neither of whom were around in 2017 or 2018.

    Is that a coincidence? Sure doesn’t appear to be.

    Again, your point is invalid. Pitching has no effect on offense. Verlander’s injury has nothing to do with those numbers (unless he was banging the trash cans) and Cole wasn’t even on the 2017 Astros.

    Lastly, look at the time stamp. I posted after Kenley “got rocked”... In fact, I was watching the Lakers in the playoffs. Honestly, I didn’t care if we were losing that particular game 20-0, my team has the best record and run differential in baseball.

    There is literally nothing you could say to me - but you can try lol
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 09-13-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

    - Carl Sagan


  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Someone's still supremely butthurt about their favorite baseball team losing the World Series three years ago.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Funny how you have to assign me a fake argument to even make your point. I never said starting pitching has anything to do with the success of an offense. I clearly said twice that it has to do with the success of the entire team.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 09-13-2020 at 02:04 PM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    Also, it's funny that you fail to even mention Alvarez (in turn intimating that sitting out basically the entire season isn't "missing significant time"). I guess having your favorite team give away a stud DH that won the AL ROY for Josh Fields can have an adverse effect on one's mental process.

    Anyways, enjoy celebrating the Dodgers regular season successes.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,025
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Also, it's funny that you fail to even mention Alvarez (in turn intimating that sitting out basically the entire season isn't "missing significant time"). I guess having your favorite team give away a stud DH that won the AL ROY for Josh Fields can have an adverse effect on one's mental process.

    Anyways, enjoy celebrating the Dodgers regular season successes.


    If we were sitting in front each other, I’d be speaking very slowly for you right now...

    Remember, you chimed in on my comment...

    And my comment was about the cheating scandal which inherently is an argument about the offense, comparing results from 2017 to now.

    You referenced pitching - invalid

    You referenced Cole whom wasn’t on the 2017 team - invalid

    You said I failed to mention Alvarez whom also didn’t play in 2017 - invalid

    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

    - Carl Sagan


  14. #119
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    We were discussing injuries to this year's team and I specifically mentioned Alvarez, while you specifically noted that Bregman was the *only* player to miss significant time on the IL this year prior to Altuve. Keep patting yourself on the back though. Between this lovely conversation and the Dodgers cache of playoff participation trophies, you sure have a lot to be proud of.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,815
    You came in to the completely dead forum of one of your team's recent rivals to follow up on a conversation that died half a year ago. You then proceed to call me a troll and a hater.

    Might be time for a little self reflection.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •