Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 107
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm aware but no one can prove a correlation between how the Astros cheated and if it directly led to the Astros winning the WS. You can't even quantify in what ABs it helped them. Their system was so good at home this year that they lost every home game in the World Series.

    Every former big league player has said that if he knew what pitch was coming he'd be putting them in the seats. It is clearly a huge advantage knowing what pitch is coming. The only thing a pitcher has to his advantage is that the batters don't know what's coming. Maybe you guys should try watching baseball sometime. I know it hurts asterisk fans that their world series trophy smells like poo, but that just happens to be the reality of it. There are players that weren't even affected by this that are really pissed off. When the whole world is angry except asterisks fans, it means that the asterisk fans are blind to the reality of this situation. The asterisks have no idea how bad it is, but they will. Every road trip is going to be a nightmare. This problem for the asterisks is just getting started. It is going to be a very difficulty year for those players this year. This is worse than steroids and it's worse than any gambling anyone has done, last time a whole team did something this stupid was in the black and white era. Houston, you have a problem that goes deeper than just trying to get that stank off of your trophy.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,996
    One Yankee fan post and you won't see me again. Makes no difference what anyone says. Players and fans included. Many years from now in 2119 with or without asterisks people will be saying, 'The only reason the Astros won championships a hundred years ago is because they were a bunch of lowlife cheaters who put a black mark on baseball just like the 1919 White Sox. Guess it happens about every 100 years.'

    On your mark, get set, go and run to have post deleted and ask to have me banned! Altuve went in and changed jersey and came back out! Maybe he was too sweated from downing 5Hour Energy drinks.LOL Way to go Jose. Showing kids that drinking that heart attack potion is good for you. M.V.P. ? How about lifetime ban for being a lowlife? Now that makes sense!!

    Goodbye!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,689
    Wow that was harsh but then again everyone is going to be harping on the fact that y'all are cheaters...but then again it is sad to see that this is what y'all are becoming but the stigma is going to follow you around next season and for years to come

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,269
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    One Yankee fan post and you won't see me again. Makes no difference what anyone says. Players and fans included. Many years from now in 2119 with or without asterisks people will be saying, 'The only reason the Astros won championships a hundred years ago is because they were a bunch of lowlife cheaters who put a black mark on baseball just like the 1919 White Sox. Guess it happens about every 100 years.'

    On your mark, get set, go and run to have post deleted and ask to have me banned! Altuve went in and changed jersey and came back out! Maybe he was too sweated from downing 5Hour Energy drinks.LOL Way to go Jose. Showing kids that drinking that heart attack potion is good for you. M.V.P. ? How about lifetime ban for being a lowlife? Now that makes sense!!

    Goodbye!
    First off, no one posts in the Astros forum, so it didn't exactly take a ton of courage to say this.

    Secondly, I won't care what people will say in 2119, because I'll be long dead by then. I'll have lived in the moment, and I'll understand the context of the cheating as it relates to baseball at the time. The fact that sign stealing has long been an aspect of the sport that baseball let get out of hand and teams were using technology to gain an advantage long before the Astros were made a scapegoat for the practice.

    Maybe we'll get lucky and by 2119 MLB will actually do a thorough investigation into every clubhouse that was cheating in the 2017 season, not just Houston. But I'm not going to hold my breath. By the way, I look forward to watching the Astros beat the Yankees in the playoffs again this season. You know what sounds every bit as good as "3-0 all-time postseason series record against the Yankees?" "*3-0 all-time postseason series record against the Yankees." "*4-0" will be every bit as sweet.


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    First off, no one posts in the Astros forum, so it didn't exactly take a ton of courage to say this.

    Secondly, I won't care what people will say in 2119, because I'll be long dead by then. I'll have lived in the moment, and I'll understand the context of the cheating as it relates to baseball at the time. The fact that sign stealing has long been an aspect of the sport that baseball let get out of hand and teams were using technology to gain an advantage long before the Astros were made a scapegoat for the practice.

    Maybe we'll get lucky and by 2119 MLB will actually do a thorough investigation into every clubhouse that was cheating in the 2017 season, not just Houston. But I'm not going to hold my breath. By the way, I look forward to watching the Astros beat the Yankees in the playoffs again this season. You know what sounds every bit as good as "3-0 all-time postseason series record against the Yankees?" "*3-0 all-time postseason series record against the Yankees." "*4-0" will be every bit as sweet.
    You sound like an asterisk fan trying to justify your tin foil world series trophy. That seems to be the common asterisk theme, "well everybodies been cheating for years." Not like you guys, I find it hard to believe that that many people in Houston are that stupid to believe the title isn't tainted. The population of houston is like 2.3 million. Man that's a lot of stupid people.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    First off, no one posts in the Astros forum, so it didn't exactly take a ton of courage to say this.

    Secondly, I won't care what people will say in 2119, because I'll be long dead by then. I'll have lived in the moment, and I'll understand the context of the cheating as it relates to baseball at the time. The fact that sign stealing has long been an aspect of the sport that baseball let get out of hand and teams were using technology to gain an advantage long before the Astros were made a scapegoat for the practice.

    Maybe we'll get lucky and by 2119 MLB will actually do a thorough investigation into every clubhouse that was cheating in the 2017 season, not just Houston. But I'm not going to hold my breath. By the way, I look forward to watching the Astros beat the Yankees in the playoffs again this season. You know what sounds every bit as good as "3-0 all-time postseason series record against the Yankees?" "*3-0 all-time postseason series record against the Yankees." "*4-0" will be every bit as sweet.
    You've been saying this from the time the scandal broke, yet I have not seen a single shred of evidence to point to anything factual. With all of the Astros fans desperately trying to hold on to some semblance of credibility, wouldn't you expect to see a video clip, an actual player statement, or some form of tangible proof that this is happening. A bunch of tweets or loose allegations of "believe me, it's happening, wink wink" just don't hold up. Not in this world where everything gets noticed, and people are hugely motivated to find that content.

    I think you know, whether you'll admit it or not, it's more likely that we see more evidence against the Astros in the coming months than we will against other teams. Just yesterday, you have the commissioner directly refuting and pointing to information contrary to Correa's tough guy rant in which he alleges the 2017 championship was won "fair and square". Even Manfred is piling on the Astros' behavior and ridiculous perspective.

    EDIT: So I have to ask in all seriousness how you perceive and explain the overwhelming negative reaction by other players in the game or who previously played. Guys like Mike Trout don't generally grand stand or seek out the camera. If the issue was so pervasive across the league, why would he and others be so indignant about this scandal? Also understand that I am not suggesting that others have not attempted to gain an advantage wherever possible, or that forms of cheating have not existed prior to this. My contention is that the scale and nature of this is way beyond anything we have ever seen.
    Last edited by sonofdad; 02-19-2020 at 07:48 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    You sound like an asterisk fan trying to justify your tin foil world series trophy. That seems to be the common asterisk theme, "well everybodies been cheating for years." Not like you guys, I find it hard to believe that that many people in Houston are that stupid to believe the title isn't tainted. The population of houston is like 2.3 million. Man that's a lot of stupid people.
    For the sake of humanity, I hope there is some small faction in Houston, holed up in a bunker somewhere perhaps, speaking the truth.

    On a side note, I also heard that if you play the Astros theme song backwards, you can hear the voice of Satan.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,689
    Astros are getting hate from most of the sports world hell even LBJ himself the King the GOAT LeBron James basically called y'all out and he said he would be ********* irate if he was on any of those teams that were cheated by the Astros

    Aaron Judge went in on y'all sayin y'all didn't earn it and y'all make him sick to his stomach

    Hell, I even feel sick to my stomach when it comes to the Astros and I'm a Red Sox fan.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    You sound like an asterisk fan trying to justify your tin foil world series trophy. That seems to be the common asterisk theme, "well everybodies been cheating for years." Not like you guys, I find it hard to believe that that many people in Houston are that stupid to believe the title isn't tainted. The population of houston is like 2.3 million. Man that's a lot of stupid people.
    Aww.... Your trolling attempts are adorable. You're the PSD trolling equivalent of a chihuahua. Continue barking, but I'm still not going to get angry or take you seriously.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,269
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    You've been saying this from the time the scandal broke, yet I have not seen a single shred of evidence to point to anything factual.
    I'm not going to go through and find links to all of these things. They exist, and you can Google them:

    - The Red Sox and Yankees cheating in 2017.
    - The Red Sox getting busted in 2018.
    - Alex Cora's blatant reference in that press conference to the Yankees cheating in 2018 based on their acquisition of Beltran. I believe he used the phrase "We need to clean up our details."
    - The report that said Astros officials have evidence of like 7-8 other teams in baseball who are likely using technology to steal signs.
    - Reports that the Yankees used illegal video to cheat in years prior to 2017.
    - The fact that Carlos Beltran has played or consulted for other franchises (primarily the Yankees and Rangers).
    - Multiple former players coming forward to say their teams cheated or they know that teams used video to steal signs more than a decade before the Astros scandal.

    With all of the Astros fans desperately trying to hold on to some semblance of credibility, wouldn't you expect to see a video clip, an actual player statement, or some form of tangible proof that this is happening. A bunch of tweets or loose allegations of "believe me, it's happening, wink wink" just don't hold up. Not in this world where everything gets noticed, and people are hugely motivated to find that content.
    And yet apparently that's enough to condemn them for hypothetical buzzers everyone is claiming they used in 2019.

    I think you know, whether you'll admit it or not, it's more likely that we see more evidence against the Astros in the coming months than we will against other teams.
    Yes, because it's already out there. Everyone knows about it, and there was a thorough investigation into it where players and personnel all had to be honest. If MLB did a thorough investigation into every ball club, I don't know that they'd find the level of cheating that they found in Houston. But I guarantee other teams are breaking the rules.

    EDIT: So I have to ask in all seriousness how you perceive and explain the overwhelming negative reaction by other players in the game or who previously played. Guys like Mike Trout don't generally grand stand or seek out the camera. If the issue was so pervasive across the league, why would he and others be so indignant about this scandal? Also understand that I am not suggesting that others have not attempted to gain an advantage wherever possible, or that forms of cheating have not existed prior to this. My contention is that the scale and nature of this is way beyond anything we have ever seen.
    It's really easy to publicly bash others when the spotlight is solely focused on them and no one is investigating you. Are all the players who publicly called out the Astros guilty of cheating at any point in their careers? I have no idea. Maybe. Maybe not. But I'm willing to bet they're not all innocent. Clearly these guys have never heard the phrase "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." There are apparently a lot of choir buys playing MLB in 2020.

    And before you say "Why would someone who's guilty publicly criticize others who are guilty," I'd ask you to look at Astros players and personnel. In the last few years, they accused other teams of cheating. Verlander has accused MLB of juicing baseballs and has been as vocal as anyone about the possibility of cheating in the past. So, do I think cheaters would publicly criticize other cheaters? I absolutely do, because I've literally witnessed it first-hand.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    2,123
    It's kinda funny that the 2017 world series trophy is only valid in houston. To the rest of the world it might as well be made of popsicle sticks. Until they cheated I had no idea Manfred was from houston. It certainly explains the generosity.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    It's kinda funny that the 2017 world series trophy is only valid in houston. To the rest of the world it might as well be made of popsicle sticks. Until they cheated I had no idea Manfred was from houston. It certainly explains the generosity.
    That's funny, because MLB still says its valid. You can look at any place in the record books anywhere online or in Cooperstown, and you'll see the Astros listed as 2017 champions without any asterisks at all. And actually being valid is more important than the validity of public opinion. Sorry to break it to you, chief.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    2,123
    Well if that's all the people of houston need then it's good to see they're on the same page as their team. Like I said, houston is full of brains. Stupidest guy in houston has to be the owner. Not only does he think you guys earned the trophy but he also thinks you gained no advantage by cheating. Obviously very in touch with the game. Stanton says he would've crushed at least 80 homeruns in 2017 if he knew what pitches were coming. Jim Thome and Cliff Floyd both stated on MLB Network that if they knew what pitch was coming they would be hitting the crap out of everything. Beyond huge advantage. But hey, what does the rest of the world know, maybe houston's right. They only cheated for the fun of it, not for the advantage. It truly is amazing that anyone (in houston or not) can say that they earned that world series. Please teach your children a belief system other than yours, we have to deal with them later in life. And hey, enjoy that world series trophy. Don't get too close, it smells like houston's character.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Well if that's all the people of houston need then it's good to see they're on the same page as their team. Like I said, houston is full of brains. Stupidest guy in houston has to be the owner. Not only does he think you guys earned the trophy but he also thinks you gained no advantage by cheating. Obviously very in touch with the game. Stanton says he would've crushed at least 80 homeruns in 2017 if he knew what pitches were coming. Jim Thome and Cliff Floyd both stated on MLB Network that if they knew what pitch was coming they would be hitting the crap out of everything. Beyond huge advantage. But hey, what does the rest of the world know, maybe houston's right. They only cheated for the fun of it, not for the advantage. It truly is amazing that anyone (in houston or not) can say that they earned that world series. Please teach your children a belief system other than yours, we have to deal with them later in life. And hey, enjoy that world series trophy. Don't get too close, it smells like houston's character.


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    heart of the valley
    Posts
    2,123

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •