Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Albert really started to fall apart this season, I will not be supersized if the Phins decide to move on. A good leader is only so good, less so when a almost 40 year old LB is getting the best of you in a playoff game. It's clear he has lost a step.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Albert really started to fall apart this season, I will not be supersized if the Phins decide to move on. A good leader is only so good, less so when a almost 40 year old LB is getting the best of you in a playoff game. It's clear he has lost a step.
    Harrison is on the same physical freak level as Wake . . . not fair to judge Albert by his playoff game vs. Harrison. Albert has been good this year. But I would still move on if we found a stable combo of OGs' in FA this year.

Albert is going to make 10.6M with 3.4 deadcap = 7.2 in 2017 savings and 11.3M with 1.7M deadcap = 9.6 savings in 2018. I agree that Albert wasn't bad this year, he just wasn't great or very good even. He's too old to get a restructure. We'd probably be best off keeping him for another year, signing someone to play RG like Leary and roll with Albert-Tunsil-Pouncey-Leary-James and then next year figure things out. Could be a complete rebuild with releasing Albert and Pouncey if he can't stay healthy and most likely keeping James with the option but who knows. But that's 2018. Sign Leary. Resign Stills and extend Landry. Draft or sign a TE. Maybe Julius Thomas after he gets cut? That's all she wrote for offense. The main focus this offseason needs to be defense.
    BRUH

Albert gets restructured and extended 2 years and moves to OG or RT. I wouldn't let Albert go. worst case he gets traded for a draft pick but you can move him to OG or RT. he is still great if he can stay on the field

Pouncey I would leave alone. his contract is fine. I wouldn't decide on moving on from him or not until 2018

this is the year we decide on Albert. next year will be the year we decide on Pouncey

no thanks on Julius Thomas I will have to pass

with top DEs and LBs off the board at 23 that's where I hit in FA. Foster is the only LB that can make Kiko move to OLB in it

guys like JPP, Zach Brown, and Melvin Ingram. I would make a move to try to get Clay Matthews. Packers could be cutting him. I would pick up 2 of these 4.

23rd pick I think is OL, CB or TE with top DL + LBs gone by then. I don't have CB as a big enough need and imo its the deepest group of any so 23rd pick could come down to OG or TE.

R1 OJ Howard TE Bama
    Forrest Lamp could be a possibility here. I would trade up like 5 spots try to guarantee Howard but other than him I'm starting to think OL and Lamp. I don't ever push for OL in the first but this is a year I could see it especially if Howard doesn't make it to us. the top DE at 23 likely will be Lawson who I do like but he is injury prone and I cant take him over Howard. top DTs all gone and Foster gone and the top 4-5 DEs will already be gone. I cant see CB because its just so deep. Idk which order they go in. I like Humphrey and Lattimore the most.

R2 Haason Reddick LB Temple

this is where I'm at

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Albert gets restructured and extended 2 years and moves to OG or RT. I wouldn't let Albert go. worst case he gets traded for a draft pick but you can move him to OG or RT. he is still great if he can stay on the field

Pouncey I would leave alone. his contract is fine. I wouldn't decide on moving on from him or not until 2018

this is the year we decide on Albert. next year will be the year we decide on Pouncey

with top DEs and LBs off the board at 23 that's where I hit in FA. Foster is the only LB that can make Kiko move to OLB in it

guys like JPP, Zach Brown, and Melvin Ingram. I would make a move to try to get Clay Matthews. Packers could be cutting him. I would pick up 2 of these 4.

23rd pick I think is OL, CB or TE with top DL + LBs gone by then. I don't have CB as a big enough need and imo its the deepest group of any so 23rd pick could come down to OG or TE.

R1 OJ Howard TE Bama
    Forrest Lamp could be a possibility here. I would trade up like 5 spots try to guarantee Howard but other than him I'm starting to think OL and Lamp. I don't ever push for OL in the first but this is a year I could see it especially if Howard doesn't make it to us. the top DE at 23 likely will be Lawson who I do like but he is injury prone and I cant take him over Howard. top DTs all gone and Foster gone and the top 4-5 DEs will already be gone. I cant see CB because its just so deep. Idk which order they go in. I like Humphrey and Lattimore the most.

this is where I'm at
    Albert is not moving to RT PERIOD. Try for a restructure and if he doesn't bite then leave his contract as is. No team is going to trade for him. I have zero problem wit him on this team for another season. He's a veteran on a very young team and the more he is around I feel the better Tunsil will be.

Pouncey is so freaking frustrating. When he is healthy and with Tunsil to his left he has proven to be a damn good center. The front office better be looking for replacements (obviously it would be a down grade but this is why I wanted to sign Alex Mack) or If he misses like 4+ games again next season I cut him with only a $2mil cap hit. His hip issue scares me.

If Julius Thomas can block then I'm all for it. He isn't going to break the bank and would only be on like a 2 year deal. If he can't block then I'm not interested.

Clay Matthews isn't leaving Green Bay so quit dreaming about that.

Extend R Jones and Landry. Resign Stills. Make A. Branch a solid offer but I wouldn't go over 7 Mil a year for him. I think I saw a tweet where he might fetch $10 mil on the open market.

Address the O line in free agency or early in the draft like Rd 1 or Rd 2 and use the rest of the draft for defense

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

R1 OJ Howard TE Bama

this is where I'm at

I agree on Albert. I think keeping him is worth while, unless we spend mucho dinero at the OG spot by grabbing 2 of the top OG's on the market (Zietler/Lang and Leary/Warford). If that happens, I would look to trade either Albert or James (kicking Tunsil or Albert to RT) for a pick, or just straight releasing Albert. Not sure what Albert's trade value would be . . . probably not high. James might net a 4th or 5th rd pick if we decided on that route. We have not had good luck drafting OL help in the past 5 years (Tunsil aside), so I wouldn't want to touch the OL in the draft unless its for positional depth, but even then I expect us to resign Steen for that.

You say that the CB position is deep in the draft, but that can be said about the TE and RB positions as well. OJ Howard will be a beast, and he's the only TE i'd take in the 1st, so I wouldn't be upset if he fell to #22 and we grabbed him.

But you could have a combination of DT Malik McDowell, DE Taco Charleton, DE DeMarcus Walker, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Charles Harris, CB Marshon Lattimore all available as well. . . those are some really, really good defensive players to pass up on for a TE. We can get a good TE in the 2nd rd if we need to as I believe both Jake Butt and Evan Engram should be available with our pick.

The smart play would be to sign at least one top tier OG, sign at least one 'talented' LB (either a young LB with upside, or a proven commodity), extend our own (Landry and RJ), and I would even say try our damnedest to resign Stills. Then draft defense, defense, defense.

Albert is getting older and getting worse and there's always the injury or two that comes along with it. He is not being restructured. You let him play out this year and then you cut him and move Tunsil to LT. That move saves us 10M. How do you not do that? At that point Tunsil will be better than him (if he isn't already) and you save a boatload of cash. Pouncey's contract also becomes very easy to part ways with following the 2017 season and to me it's all about health. If he misses half the season again you restructure or cut him, there's no other alternative. Especially if it's his hip again.

Any talk of Albert moving to RT or OG at the age of 33-34 after restructuring is not going to happen. And Branch getting 10M is nuts, I've already said it was Salguero that said that and he pulled that out of his ***. The guy had 5.5 sacks and struggled to stop the run. He was solid but that's it. Anything more than 3/4 yrs at 16-22M type deal, ****ing forget it. Also his grade at PFF was a 69.6. Behind guys like Chris Long, Jarvis Jones, Dwight Freeney and Datone Jones. But yeah, let's see him get 8-10M... LOL BRUH.
    Last edited by LRizzle; 01-19-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    BRUH

He will probably get close to that, most everyone in the legue has 50m in cap space. People will get paid.

You know how OV got aton? Someone like Mevlin Ingram will get more. Jets just gave Winters like 30m over 4 and he is an averge OG

Armando's article about Fins offseason. Lots of what we already discussed but in true amateur fashion made such comments as 'if Tunsil beats him out move him to LG' ... yea let's pay a 33 year old who's never played the position in his life and is on the decline 10M so he can play LG. Don't release him and sign a pro-bowl type OG in Zeitler or TJ Lang for that money... and he also said Stills is going to make 10M.

Apparently everyone will make 10M this year from the Fins. Branch and his average run stopping, 69.6 PFF grade and 5.5 sacks, 10M! For comparison sake because I don't take the short bus like Armando does, Travis Benjamin last year got 4/24M. Rishard Matthews got 3/15M. Marvin Jones as the best option in an incredibly thin WR FA class got 5/40M. Is the WR class thin this year? Nope... Pierre Garcon, Adam Thielen, Taylor Gabriel, Alshon Jeffrey, Terrelle Pryor, Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, Ted Ginn, Cordarrelle Patterson, Cecil Shorts, Michael Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Dontrelle Inman, Brandon LaFell, Jeremy Kerley... and Kenny Stills. Stills was 14th in PFF grades for WR's that are FA's this year. I think his ceiling is a Marvin Jones type contract but to just be throwing out 10M like that... Only Alshon Jeffrey will get something like that. I'm hoping we can sign him something along that Travis Benjamin contract, but it'll more likely need to be 4/28-30M to get something done. If he wants that or more than that, move on. Can't invest all that money into Landry and Stills and eventually Parker also.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...127381574.html
    BRUH

Cap is going up and people will always make more and more, I totally agree. And when someone wants someone, they tend to overpay. I just don't see that happening with Branch. Derrick Shelby got 4 / 18M from the Falcons after he left us last year. Vernon got 5 / 85M from Giants. Branch is a lot more Derrick Shelby than he is Olivier Vernon. I stand by my comment that he shouldn't be making more than 5-6 per year. We'll see. I'll stop bringing that up until FA rolls around.
    BRUH

I think last year was an outlier in FA because Oakland and Giants were forced to spend a crap ton to get over the "89% cash spending requirement." I could be wrong with last year being an outlier as I'm not sure of there are any teams that need to meet this requirement this year or not. The CBA was set up to reward veteran players on their 2nd, 3rd and 4th year contracts while the rookies earning much less than before.

Frank Bush is our new LB coach.

Sounds like Collins is going to resign with the Browns, a bit disappointing but sounds like he is getting aton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Sounds like Collins is going to resign with the Browns, a bit disappointing but sounds like he is getting aton of money.
    This was pretty much expected since they gave up a 4th round pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    This was pretty much expected since they gave up a 4th round pick for him.
    Would of gotten a 3rd round compensatory pick if they let him walk.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast