Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I'd trade Snell before trade deadline. Nothing against him. But with dead money stuck into Delly, Telly, Henson. Doubt we can pay $8M to $12M per to a back up 3 and D wing as in Snell. Well we could, but then near luxury tax threshold. Middleton will most likely get the starting job back in a month. We don't have the luxury to keep Snell unless Moose and Hawes opts out. Also we got Brogdon and Vaughn to back up SG spot. Plus Jet still gets minutes over Vaughn as well.
    I agree with trading Snell. He's so on fire right now his stock should be really high for a team needing 3 point shooting. Should be able to get a 2017 1st round pick from a contender in need.

Weren't the Magic interested in a wing scorer? Not sure what they'd offer for Snell. Not saying they even have interests in Snell.

They just got Ross for Ibaka

I'd rather try desperately to trade Henson, Delly or Telly. Snell and Middleton could be in the same starting lineup and be versatile defenders able to switch onto any wing basically. Snell was never a bad 3-point shooter. Delly can't guard any PG with speed; Telly can't defend any of us and Henson is just below average nearly across the board.

I'd still try that rumor of Delly and Henson for Rubio. Rubio better defender and rebounder. Also we save some cap. So we could probably keep Snell then with this trade proposal. Also removed another big man in Henson to free up minutes for others. Also opens up a roster spot.

I would try to find something better but may not be able to. Rubio just is so anemic offensively. It'd be different if Giannis was a better shooter right now. But he's still developing his shot. Rubio is a nice defender and could be good in transition with Giannis as far as passing. But Rubio would just clog up driving lanes for Giannis. I'd go for a CJ Watson type. His shot is coming around and he'd be better fit IMO. Can spot up and hit the 3 when ball is in Giannis hands and make defender pay where Rubio is like playing 4 on 5 when ball is in Giannis' hands.

I would have no problem trading Henson and Delly for Rubio as long as we're willing to make Rubio a $15 Million dollar 2nd unit player and reduce his minute considerably. Giannis and Rubio do not work together, so Brogdon needs to start and get more minutes than Rubio. Rubio should be on the court anytime Giannis rests, but not more than 10 minutes per game together with Giannis.

The value of this trade comes from gaining $6 Mil in cap space, losing 1 year of salaries and opening 1 roster spot, hopefully for someone that fits.

Tony Snell has the highest 3 point shooting percentage in the NBA in 2017. They listed the top 5 during the game last night.

With that being said we need to find ways to get him a few more looks per game. If he was averaging 15 ppg over the last month, we'd all want to resign him.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 02-16-2017 at 04:23 PM.

I do want the Bucks to resign him....but not for 15 million or anything in double digits annually. I like Snell and him on the bench w/ Brogdon and Moose would be awesome if Moose opts in. Brogdon/Snell on the floor defensively is nice. Or a Middleton/Giannis/Snell combo 2-4 with Brogdon at the 1 would be a very good lineup at both ends with a lot of versatility. Could switch anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Tony Snell has the highest 3 point shooting percentage in the NBA in 2017. They listed the top 5 during the game last night.

With that being said we need to find ways to get him a few more looks per game. If he was averaging 15 ppg over the last month, we'd all want to resign him.
    There's a reason he's the leader in percentage and it's because he's not a guy you run plays for. If we tried to get him looks, he'd probably see a drop in his percentages. He has to get his shots organically, not through designed plays.

He's not a guy who's capable of averaging 15 because he's not a guy who gets his own on offense. He's a guy who hangs around the perimeter and hits open jumpers when they come. Like I've said a million times before, he's a solid peice in doing that, but that's a skill that earns 15 minutes a night on a good team. You can't pay that type of guy even $8 mill a year.

How much ya'll think Snell gets this summer? Remember Hammond steps down. Maybe Zanik will play more hard ball? Snell been on fire. But once you start looking at stats. He has it made with wide open looks. Also #30 in RPM. Also only 8PPG. Less then $10M per? I think open market a team like Nets or somebody goes nuts and offers up $13M per.

So we can match but kinda scary since we have dead weight in Henson, Delly, Telly yet. It ease the burden if Hawes opts out. He very may will when you look at the roster of maybe Moose stays and we got up and coming Maker and we got money tied into Telly and Henson is here yet. Besides Giannis and Parker can play PF. So he be like 3rd string or 4th string at center.

Heck Pelicans over paid Solomon Hill this summer. Turner and Bazemore and Crabbe got crazy offers. Where you guy draw the line if your the GM cutting the check? Could maybe get lucky in a sign and trade? Kinda like the Jennings sign and trade. Or maybe trade him at trade deadline for a late first? Cash it while going gets good? Trading Plumlee made it a little easier matching bad bids. But do we wanna? If he gets $13M+ yeesh. Then he'd have to be a starter more less and Middleton slides up to SF. Snell is nice but could get pricey.

I don't go over 10 million. Makes it easier if deal Henson or Delly or Telly at deadline. I dunno. I am not paying a ton of money to a backup wing, even though I do like Snell because he can guard and is versatile. But I am not going 12-plusM which he likely gets an offer on market for that. Try and get him to sign Delly deal and deal Delly and draft young PG in first rounder or athletic big.

I like Snell, I'd pay him up to $10 Mil per season, but I'd trade him for a 2017 1st rounder right now, because $10 Mil might not be enough and then we get nothing. Use the 2017 1st round pick obtained to draft Josh Hart and call it an upgrade.

Last night, snell played 28 minutes without recording a point, assist, rebound, steal or block. He had 1 foul and was 0/2 shooting. How is a guy who can play basically full minutes in a game have such little impact and be worth 10 mill per year. I don't get how anyone thinks he's worth more than $5/6 mill per year max.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast