Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

As long as they offer him before anyone else or other team going to drive up price. Offer him 3 years, 18-20 million and hope he accepts.

After the Plumlee salary dump Bucks have like $15.5M before signing draft picks and matching offer sheets to Snell. More cap if Moose walks. Also more cap if Hawes opts out. Few posters on main board think a good chance Hawes opts out. Stretch 4's get paid. Look at Leuer.

Yes but good to maintain flexibility. Parker extension coming up and I don't want to give guys $10-plus million if they aren't close to that value would basically be doing same as Delly and Telly. Sign him for a fair number. 3 years 15-20 mill OK but I don't think Snell is a 10 mill player. Can bring in a nice player via trade or sign who you want even with slight overpay to bring them to MIL say a Jrue Holiday.

76ers already been rumored to be chasing Holiday this summer.

So? That guarantees he's a Sixer?

No. But 76ers only a big free agent away from playoffs. Long as Embiid is healthy. Also 76ers have tons of capspace.

Doesn't have to be Jrue, but more likely to get a PG in FA than a big that is athletic and can rebound etc. to come to MIL. Probably have to hit on that in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Snell shooting .435 from downtown for December and January.
    Snell hitting 59% from 3 in his last 17 games. Too bad we couldn't have extended him a month ago. I doubt $10 Mil per season gets it done if he stays this hot.

If he gets a crazy offer let him walk. Cant really afford the luxury of expensive back ups. Middleton is already a bargain at SG. Also we have Vaughn on rookie contract yet. If Hawes opts out then we may be able to keep Snell and Beasley. We probably be close to the luxury tax line if both get $10M per or more though. Snell doesn't really move the needle though. Isn't like he's out winning games. Isn't like he's scoring 20 a night.

Yeah you mentioned he's shooting 59% last 17 games. But heck Thon was shooting better yet all season for a small sample size of firing like 20 three pointers. Bad enough Brogdon and Maker are better then Delly and Telly yet stuck paying them guys. Delly is the worst on the team for +/-. We brought Delly in for 3 and D. Yet he's barely shooting open 3's and getting killed by fast PG's.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    If he gets a crazy offer let him walk. Cant really afford the luxury of expensive back ups. Middleton is already a bargain at SG. Also we have Vaughn on rookie contract yet. If Hawes opts out then we may be able to keep Snell and Beasley. We probably be close to the luxury tax line if both get $10M per or more though. Snell doesn't really move the needle though. Isn't like he's out winning games. Isn't like he's scoring 20 a night.

Yeah you mentioned he's shooting 59% last 17 games. But heck Thon was shooting better yet all season for a small sample size of firing like 20 three pointers. Bad enough Brogdon and Maker are better then Delly and Telly yet stuck paying them guys. Delly is the worst on the team for +/-. We brought Delly in for 3 and D. Yet he's barely shooting open 3's and getting killed by fast PG's.
    Yeah I'd keep Snell even if it means paying a little more. He's a great fit, and he's responded well to basically playing starter minutes this season. Both he and Middleton can play the 2/3 spots so it's not as if he's taking minutes from Khris. Also, if Middleton is a step slower post-injury he may not be able to defend SG's anymore.

Delly is awful. For a PG he isn't a good passer either. He tries hard that's all. Loved the Telly hook less than 3 minutes into 4Q. Gave up off. rebound to Harris due to lack of effort and was yanked. Loved it.

As far as Snell, I am not paying him 12 million per year under any circumstances. That's what puts us in this mess of hating overpayed guys. Delly and Telly not worth half what they are making. Snell is a good player for 6-7 million but I am not giving him a big deal. Can find a guy that does similar things for 6 million. Same with Beasley. I am not signing him to multi-year deal. Key is to find the next bargain guy that exceeds expectations not pay someone and watch them regress.

Tony Snell ranks 354th in the NBA in PER, 280th in WS/48 and 149th in total win shares (partially because of minutes played). None of those are end all be all stats. But if you put that all together, that's not a very good player. Combine that with the fact he's having a career year from a shooting percentage standpoint, and that's an awfully risky guy to give big time money to, especially as a bench player.

Bucks could just sit back and see what he is worth on the open market, but I guess 3 years at 24 mill.

I'd trade Snell before trade deadline. Nothing against him. But with dead money stuck into Delly, Telly, Henson. Doubt we can pay $8M to $12M per to a back up 3 and D wing as in Snell. Well we could, but then near luxury tax threshold. Middleton will most likely get the starting job back in a month. We don't have the luxury to keep Snell unless Moose and Hawes opts out. Also we got Brogdon and Vaughn to back up SG spot. Plus Jet still gets minutes over Vaughn as well.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast