Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Yep, that'll do it. Complete collapse. How the hell do you blow that kinda lead against that team!? Having zero production from the PG spot certainly didn't help.

I have to be honest, we lost that game because Hill had a "bruised right toe" complete bull crap if you ask me. If we pay Hill more than what we're paying now next season I'll be pissed. This guy can't brush his teeth without hurting himself.

we went 2 of 3 on a 3-games-in-4-nights road trip... i'll take it.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

We started messing around up 20 and it let them back in the game. JazzNC is right our PG play was ugly. I think they decided to just rest Hill, not really an injury. Rudy was +20 for the game, that says a lot.

There were 2 plays in the game when Favors got pissed and went up so strong he was unstoppable. I don't understand why he doesn't do it more often. He has got to know that if he played with fire all the time he would get a huge contract. Perhaps he doesn't care, he has made enough already. Perhaps he is just a gentle giant. Either way he is costing himself a ton of cash.

Favors was like that all season last year, I honestly think it's the back that's been bothering him all season. He seems to be showing more strength at this point of the season than he has all season long, so maybe it's not bothering him anymore, but you could see it everytime he tried to drive, he would get stopped by being outmuscled (not like him at all). Then he would stop as is being stunned and pass the ball away.

Honestly, sadly, another thing that would have won the game at the very end, was if Hayward had pump faked the last shot, Powell was already jumping to block the shot, Hayward could have faked then jumped into him, they would have been forced to call a foul and that would have won the game, but what's done is done. We played well on the road and you can't be upset about that.

And the report from Hill was he had a sore left big toe. But I wouldn't be surprised if he complained he was tired at this point. The thing that urks me about it is the man gets paid to play basketball (half the time). Everyone gets banged up during the season, but during your days off you can recover, a sore toe isn't going to keep a construction worker out of work, or someone else who does a lot of physical labor.

Malone said it best when stating there's a difference between being hurt and being injured. Everyone gets hurt all season long, you suck it up and play through that pain because you're paid a lot of money to do so. If you're injured there's nothing you can do about it, but everyone gets hurt.
    Last edited by Firefistus; 02-10-2017 at 01:15 PM.

I don't buy that about Hill. We were out hustled, plain and simple. No need to invent ridiculous bullcrap... that's ESPN's job.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Favors was like that all season last year, I honestly think it's the back that's been bothering him all season. He seems to be showing more strength at this point of the season than he has all season long, so maybe it's not bothering him anymore, but you could see it everytime he tried to drive, he would get stopped by being outmuscled (not like him at all). Then he would stop as is being stunned and pass the ball away.

Honestly, sadly, another thing that would have won the game at the very end, was if Hayward had pump faked the last shot, Powell was already jumping to block the shot, Hayward could have faked then jumped into him, they would have been forced to call a foul and that would have won the game, but what's done is done. We played well on the road and you can't be upset about that.

And the report from Hill was he had a sore left big toe. But I wouldn't be surprised if he complained he was tired at this point. The thing that urks me about it is the man gets paid to play basketball (half the time). Everyone gets banged up during the season, but during your days off you can recover, a sore toe isn't going to keep a construction worker out of work, or someone else who does a lot of physical labor.

Malone said it best when stating there's a difference between being hurt and being injured. Everyone gets hurt all season long, you suck it up and play through that pain because you're paid a lot of money to do so. If you're injured there's nothing you can do about it, but everyone gets hurt.
    we don't know the specifics, but its very possible Hill would be 80% out there or him playing a back to back would risk re-aggravating the injury. Honestly we didn't need him. we had a 4 point lead with 30 seconds left and blew it. a terrible foul by Gobert into a terrible turnover by Burks finished off by not getting the defensive rebound.

This is a damn joke. I know it's a bad game but when Austin ****ing Rivers is out playing your teams All Star it's not going to go well. Damn.

15% from 3.....absolutely terrible.

2nd straight really bad game. this team has zero consistency.

Maybe some of our guys have checked out a few days early before the all star break.

This was a game our guys should have gotten up for. The team right below us in the standings without their best player and with certain matchups that a few of our guys should have looked to try and seriously perform. But we just decided to **** our pants. Not pretty at all.

I have been overly critical about Favors. Turns out the real problem is injuries not a lack of heart. Favors has had plenty of games where he didn't give enough effort, but that is not why he has declined this season. Apparently at age 25 he already has a bad back and bad knees. He may never be the same. The idea of signing him to a near max deal is forever gone. If these problems linger he may have to accept a back up center role from now on. I feel horrible for Derrick. He had a lot of promise. Moving forward he may not be a player we can rely on. I doubt we make a deal before the trade deadline. You don't make a major trade in the middle of the best season you have had in a decade. You also don't move Favors just before we need to resign Hill and Hayward unless you improve.

Trade deadline rumors are BS every year. Fun to read but are rarely true. I want to entertain a few.

Lou Williams trade- Lakers want a draft pick so they can start tanking the rest of the season. Lou is going to get unloaded. Jazz could offer the GS 1st round pick in exchange. Williams is on the books for only 7 million next season. We do need scoring off the bench so the rumor makes logical sense. However, what about Burks and Ingles minutes? Once Hood is back we should have the wing depth we need without Lou Williams. Then again this is a win now move that a certain Mr. Hayward may appreciate. Yes, our focus is to suck up to Hayward. Don't kid yourself, if he walks we are dead.

Suns want Favors- No idea what the Suns would offer. A young stretch 4? A back up PG? I doubt we make any move for a back up PG due to Exum's recent improvement. He still has a chance to be a starter and we need to see what we got. Any potential deal makes a lot more sense this summer. The Suns PG's are all overpaid.

Lou Williams has been moved.

What about the rumors about being interesting in Deron Williams? PJ Tucker from Phoenix?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast