Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If Pat Mahomes or Brad Kaaya are available when our turn rolls around in Round 2, I'd consider it.

Kelly in the 5th

I think the crucial thing for the post-Eli era is to get a very solid O-line. You put a rookie / unexperienced QB behind this O-line and the **** show we saw on offense this year is heaven on earth compared to what you'll get then. The Dallas formula is probably easiest way to ease in a rookie QB. Just take pressure of him by keeping him protected and get a run game. So while we are rightfully talking about our next QB and which one we should draft Reese and the front office should really think hard about how to fix our O-line...

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    I think the crucial thing for the post-Eli era is to get a very solid O-line. You put a rookie / unexperienced QB behind this O-line and the **** show we saw on offense this year is heaven on earth compared to what you'll get then. The Dallas formula is probably easiest way to ease in a rookie QB. Just take pressure of him by keeping him protected and get a run game. So while we are rightfully talking about our next QB and which one we should draft Reese and the front office should really think hard about how to fix our O-line...
    Yup. What we learned in 07-08 and what Dallas is doing now proves the point; you get a top tier oline together, at all 5 positions, and you can succeed with any above average RB and QB. Not to insult Dak or Elliot who are PHENOMENAL, just saying, build a strong 5 man line and you can have success.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yup. What we learned in 07-08 and what Dallas is doing now proves the point; you get a top tier oline together, at all 5 positions, and you can succeed with any above average RB and QB. Not to insult Dak or Elliot who are PHENOMENAL, just saying, build a strong 5 man line and you can have success.
    Maybe a little besides the point, but not completely: Dak is in my opinion not phenomenal. He's a good get, especially in the 4th round, but I'm truly conviced that if you'd put for example Jared Goff behind that line he'd be beasting too while he got quite some critcism in LA now. Dallas set Dak up with the perfect situation. Fine pass protection, beasting run game and reliable targets over the middle and close with Beasley and Witten. If you're able to shut down the run game a little and you can cover Witten and Beasley their offense is severely hampered. Which is btw why I think Packers will beat the Cowboys this weekend. Their run D is pretty good, drop Burnett down in coverage on Witten and let Dak beat you on the outside.

Either way, the point is that Dallas just did this very well for them and I'm honestly a little jealous.

I fear we're gonna pay Mike Glennon bc he's familiar with Sullivan
    And with the 1st pick, the New York Football Giants select

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Still saying Chad Kelly in the 4th or 5th .

I'm Reaching here but it was said Archie,Jim and Jerry Reese were together at the Packers game ...

Maybe a little besides the point, but not completely: Dak is in my opinion not phenomenal. He's a good get, especially in the 4th round, but I'm truly conviced that if you'd put for example Jared Goff behind that line he'd be beasting too while he got quite some critcism in LA now. Dallas set Dak up with the perfect situation. Fine pass protection, beasting run game and reliable targets over the middle and close with Beasley and Witten. If you're able to shut down the run game a little and you can cover Witten and Beasley their offense is severely hampered. Which is btw why I think Packers will beat the Cowboys this weekend. Their run D is pretty good, drop Burnett down in coverage on Witten and let Dak beat you on the outside.

Either way, the point is that Dallas just did this very well for them and I'm honestly a little jealous.
    Yeah Goff got put into a bad situation too quickly. Poor oline play this year, which IMO is also why Gurley dropped off. And the Rams haven't put any meaningful money or thought into offenseive weapons at WR and TE since Holt and Bruce left. I like Britt and Quick. But they are not 1 and 2 WRs. They are 3rd and 4th quality guys. Austin is another Harvin, but healthy; still need a true #1 on that team. Lots of work to do there and the worst part is that they're slowly losing the defensive dominance they had while they wait for the offense to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    Still saying Chad Kelly in the 4th or 5th .

I'm Reaching here but it was said Archie,Jim and Jerry Reese were together at the Packers game ...
    Chad can ball, but he has the knee. The off field stuff, and he's a party guy. Chad with Odell? Lol oh idk

It's not a 100% comparison, but I see Dak as having the same type of season that Vick had when he came back with the Eagles. The most impressive thing about both of them was the low number of interceptions, but we all knew that Vick's bubble was going to burst sooner or later and I think Dak's time is coming. I don't see the Cowboys reaching the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Glennon is going to be the Jets' starting QB next year IMO. I saw an article this morning that said something about the Jags potentially trying to sway Nassib to Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    Glennon is going to be the Jets' starting QB next year IMO. I saw an article this morning that said something about the Jags potentially trying to sway Nassib to Jacksonville.
    Yeah whats up with that? I've heard a few sources saying Coughlin isn't a Bortles fan. Not sure why.

The Jets should really make 2 moves at QB...
    1 - Trade for Romo. Pray he stays healthy and let him ball with the great WR weapons they have there. Open up that offense a bit.
    2 - Draft the best QB on their board and let him learn under Romo. Keep Petty or Hackenberg around to play if needed, but do NOT start that rookie QB in year 1.

Btw, do college experts here have any idea how the QB class next year might / will be?

I think in an ideal world you wait one more year with Eli's replacement

Btw, do college experts here have any idea how the QB class next year might / will be?

I think in an ideal world you wait one more year with Eli's replacement
    As of now it's the USC QB, the UCLA QB and a QB from Wyoming who would've come out this year if not for a shoulder

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast