Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

2017 NFL Draft Discussion & Mocks Thread

^^^ Dude shouldn't even be a thought in any teams head, but I'm sure some team will take that POS. What a pu$$y

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post
    ^^^ Dude shouldn't even be a thought in any teams head, but I'm sure some team will take that POS. What a pu$$y
    He's really good and probably would be our best option seeing as we could draft him with our final pick however, he is a POS lol. Not sure he is a guy Zimmer/Speilman would even consider. Sadly he'll probably end up on the Patriots with a 7th round pick and challenge for Rookie of the year since Beliechek simply doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks and wants to win football games.... moral compass be damned... he doesn't get paid to appease everyone else moral standards.

Not saying I want him or know that much about him, but you're basing your opinion on Mixon on one event when the kid wasn't even yet 18....nearing 3 years ago now, right? And, from what I read the gal he punched isn't exactly an angel herself. Some media (read ESPN) will try and greatly reduce his draft value by making endless references to it (giving their Patriots multiple shots at him), but he's had no issues since that I'm aware and on talent alone is one of the top backs in the draft.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

2017 NFL Draft Discussion & Mocks Thread

^^^ HE PUNCHED A GIRL! Yeah he was young, but old enough to know you don't hit women. Did you see the video? Any man that beats on women isn't a man. I don't care if she was a complete *****, if you're a man you don't punch women. How'd you feel if this punk hit your daughter, mother, sister? I don't care if he's good at football, football is a damn game.

again, not stumping for him or defending him, but at what point do you forgive someone for a mistake and allow for hopefully a lot of maturing to at least soften that stance? I mean look at Ray Lewis...or hell, AP for that matter.

What Mixon did was terrible..regardless of what led up to the circumstances. But as a man of God I believe in forgiveness if that person has shown remorse and regret for what they have done. It appears he has done that but I can only see the surface. I really don't see the Vikes taking a PR hit however given what they went thru with AP.

I do have a story. When I was 24, I was working at my dad's bar. Well some dudes started to argue and things were about to escalate so I stepped in and broke it up. Well out of nowhere this ****ing ***** (probably 5'6" 200lbs) decked me in the face like 3-4 times. Instantly shocked and furious. Split second realized it was a woman...I look back now and I'm not sure how I held back from decking her. I'm a very mild man so I think my natural instinct was to hold back. I think had it been another man she would have been punched.

Ok now...serious draft question. Who do you take as the top pick? I have to think after what Watson did last night you have to take him right? It's almost a given that QB will be 1 & 2 this year. This is the second year in a row that Watson has shredded an elite college defense so that says something if you ask me.

My first FanSpeak mock draft:
    Not sure about the OL picks but they were the best available. Johnson is still somewhat raw so he scares me just because Clemmings was the same way. I like the Pocic pick even though he is a center. I figured he could either stay at center and move Berger to Guard to vice versa. Jaleel Johnson in the 3rd I feel is a steal. At times he dominates and other times he disappears. I feel he could serve well as a backup with limited snaps to start off.

46: R2P14 OT RODERICK JOHNSON FLORIDA STATE
    80: R3P16 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
    86: R3P22 DL JALEEL JOHNSON IOWA
    120: R4P15 EDGE DASHAWN HAND ALABAMA
    127: R4P22 RB JUSTIN JACKSON NORTHWESTERN
    159: R5P14 WR KD CANNON BAYLOR

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ok now...serious draft question. Who do you take as the top pick? I have to think after what Watson did last night you have to take him right? It's almost a given that QB will be 1 & 2 this year. This is the second year in a row that Watson has shredded an elite college defense so that says something if you ask me.
    Watson's stock has been all over the place. Right now I would say it looks like Myles Garrett or Jonathan Allen will be the #1 pick. Also seems like scouts like Mitch Trubisky more than Watson.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Ok did one more with CBS player rank. Oh please let this one play out, at least the first 3 picks anyways. Feeney immediately plugs into RG. Lamp immediately goes in at one of the tackle spots. Probably LT. Perine, imo, plugs in at RB and compliments very well with McKinnon. Perine reminds me of Ray Rice or MJD. Very low center of gravity, great vision. Tyler was best available and from what I read he is very good...Pat Elfein was picked 2 spots up from that so was bummed. Tyler provides depth at the moment.

46: R2P14 G DAN FEENEY INDIANA
    80: R3P16 G FORREST LAMP WESTERN KENTUCKY
    86: R3P22 RB SAMAJE PERINE OKLAHOMA
    120: R4P15 C TYLER ORLOSKY WEST VIRGINIA

Ok did one more with CBS player rank. Oh please let this one play out, at least the first 3 picks anyways. Feeney immediately plugs into RG. Lamp immediately goes in at one of the tackle spots. Probably LT. Perine, imo, plugs in at RB and compliments very well with McKinnon. Perine reminds me of Ray Rice or MJD. Very low center of gravity, great vision. Tyler was best available and from what I read he is very good...Pat Elfein was picked 2 spots up from that so was bummed. Tyler provides depth at the moment.

46: R2P14 G DAN FEENEY INDIANA
    80: R3P16 G FORREST LAMP WESTERN KENTUCKY
    86: R3P22 RB SAMAJE PERINE OKLAHOMA
    120: R4P15 C TYLER ORLOSKY WEST VIRGINIA
    I would love to get Feeney or Lamp. Both would be awesome. If scouts think Lamp can stay at LT then I highly doubt he slides to the 3rd but either way I'm happy with it. April can't get here soon enough.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

If he didnt have Williams (WR) would he look as good?

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    If he didnt have Williams (WR) would he look as good?
    I would say yes. His decision making can be bad sometimes but when he is at his best he is really good. The Bama game was no fluke. He did the same damage last year and Williams didn't play. He'll be heavily scrutinized throughout the draft process but I think he ends up being a first rounder. If I'm the team drafting Watson I would do my best to pick his tight end Leggett with him. That kid is going to be good. Reminds me of the good Julius Thomas.

This year's QB draft class isn't currently viewed like recent ones like Luck/RG3, Winston/Mariota, or even Goff/Wentz....some don't know a QB belongs in the first round this year

....but it's January...lotsa things happen between now and draft day

Last year the Rams and Eagles moved up big to be sure to get a QB....don't see that happening this year, especially since some of the most QB needy teams are already AT the top....so perhaps this year, a team like the Browns moves DOWN to let another take a top D with hopes they can get their QB later in the 1st

...or perhaps by April, going QB at 1 & 2 isn't viewed as the huge stretch it is now

What Mixon did was terrible..regardless of what led up to the circumstances. But as a man of God I believe in forgiveness if that person has shown remorse and regret for what they have done. It appears he has done that but I can only see the surface. I really don't see the Vikes taking a PR hit however given what they went thru with AP.

I do have a story. When I was 24, I was working at my dad's bar. Well some dudes started to argue and things were about to escalate so I stepped in and broke it up. Well out of nowhere this ****ing ***** (probably 5'6" 200lbs) decked me in the face like 3-4 times. Instantly shocked and furious. Split second realized it was a woman...I look back now and I'm not sure how I held back from decking her. I'm a very mild man so I think my natural instinct was to hold back. I think had it been another man she would have been punched.
    I wasn't suggested the team taking him should BE the Vikings...but I do find it hard to view something he did at 17 to still define who the kid is now without allowing for maturity. After all, look at Tyreek Hill...the Chiefs don't look smart now?

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast