Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    I agree with MG about getting a HC that wants to retain Wade. I also agree that Kyle Shanahan as of right now is my #1 choice. He's had success (offensively, not winning) everywhere he's been. Although, I believe it was said that Kyle and Mike want to work together again like they did in Washington. Probably wouldn't be possible here if true.

The good news is that there are plenty of good coaching candidates this year. Both HCs and OC/DCs (if we were to start over completely).

I would prefer an offensive coach but there are some very good defensive coaches potentially available if we went that way. Vance Joseph, Teryl Austin, and Matt Patricia to name a few.

And if we due indeed need a new DC, Rex Ryan anyone? He hasn't had this much talent on defense in forever. People thought he would have a lot of talent in Buffalo but they were injured quite a bit in his time there. Being just a DC and not a HC would do him wonders. I think his mindset would work well with a lot of the players we have defensively, too.

Official 2017 Denver Broncos Off-Season Thread

I am still very surprised that Kubs resigned but after everything that has come out about his health especially this year, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

All I really want is for Wade to stay and continue to lead the no fly zone. We need a offensive minded coach who can stay aggressive and get the running game going. My vote is Kyle shanahan. He knows this offense and this transition would be seamless.

The Benefits of Being the 2016 Super Bowl 50 Champions!

In Elway I Trust

At the presser Elway just said that he wants to hire "A bright young mind". And right after that Adam Schefter reveals that the Broncos have requested permission to interview Kyle Shanahan.

It seems as though Elway has his guy pegged again. Let's see if it works out for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    I agree with MG about getting a HC that wants to retain Wade. I also agree that Kyle Shanahan as of right now is my #1 choice. He's had success (offensively, not winning) everywhere he's been. Although, I believe it was said that Kyle and Mike want to work together again like they did in Washington. Probably wouldn't be possible here if true.

The good news is that there are plenty of good coaching candidates this year. Both HCs and OC/DCs (if we were to start over completely).

I would prefer an offensive coach but there are some very good defensive coaches potentially available if we went that way. Vance Joseph, Teryl Austin, and Matt Patricia to name a few.

And if we due indeed need a new DC, Rex Ryan anyone? He hasn't had this much talent on defense in forever. People thought he would have a lot of talent in Buffalo but they were injured quite a bit in his time there. Being just a DC and not a HC would do him wonders. I think his mindset would work well with a lot of the players we have defensively, too.
    I heard that from someone (I think Rapoport) a while ago too, and I don't know how realistic it is. Kyle really started to be thought of as an elite coordinator after he distanced himself from his father's stink. Also, I can't see Mike taking a job as an offensive coordinator again...even if his son is HC. Everyone knows I love Mike and think a lot of what happened to him was unfortunate, but the guy is prideful (One of his biggest flaws because sometimes he is too prideful) and I don't think he'd settle for an OC job.

If we do need a DC, I'd love to get Rex. I'd rather just keep Wade, but Von would break the single season sack record with Rex lol. My only concern would be that Rex has an issue keeping his players in line, and this defense has a lot of personalities that need to be held in check.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    At the presser Elway just said that he wants to hire "A bright young mind". And right after that Adam Schefter reveals that the Broncos have requested permission to interview Kyle Shanahan.

It seems as though Elway has his guy pegged again. Let's see if it works out for both sides.
    Little Shanny is my favorite. Glad they're on bye so Elway can hopefully interview him unless Quinn is just a jerk. The transition in theory wouldn't be too brutal as the schemes are similar, but would add some new and innovative kinks. And to top it off, I'd imagine Wade would be more inclined to stay. More or less keep the D intact and revamp the offense. Seems pretty ideal.

Vance Joseph is also intriguing. He's been likened to a younger Tomlin, which sounds great. Joseph coming lessens chances of Wade staying and I'd be far less confident the offense will improve or at least as quick with whoever Joseph was to bring in.

The Fan was throwing out the idea of bringing in Tom Cable as a line/assistant head coach. I'd be so down for that. His experience, mindset and attitude would be a huge asset to improving the line. Would also be a great person to lean on for a young coach.

well, looks like we got an interview set up on Friday or Saturday with shanny jr.

I also love how we are referring to him as Shanny Jr. or Little shanny......instead of just Kyle. He'll have to earn that distinction, lol.

Wade just tweeted he hopes to stay with the Broncos "of course" ****ing stoked to here that from the man himself!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about rexy as our DC if we don't pick up Wade. Evidently, his scheme is so convoluted....it's the exact opposite of what Wade preaches. That's a hell of a culture change....not to mention Ryan's audacious self as well. He's going to be working with a young HC...not sure if that is a good mix. And who knows what guys he'll bring in. We have the best in the business with our DL and DB coach...do we really want that much of a shakeup there?

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Wade just tweeted he hopes to stay with the Broncos "of course" ****ing stoked to here that from the man himself!!

Wade doesn't want to go anywhere. And I read that, at least the preliminary rumors, "he has a job here if he wants it."

Doesn't sound like there will be any issues here..

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'm not sure about rexy as our DC if we don't pick up Wade. Evidently, his scheme is so convoluted....it's the exact opposite of what Wade preaches. That's a hell of a culture change....not to mention Ryan's audacious self as well. He's going to be working with a young HC...not sure if that is a good mix. And who knows what guys he'll bring in. We have the best in the business with our DL and DB coach...do we really want that much of a shakeup there?
    On defense I sure as hell don't. But that being said I think Rex being a coach vs Rex being a DC would be a different personality. I dunno tho, let me just say this, any coach that we hire or are looking to hire and would not like to retain wade, will be off to a bad start IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Wade doesn't want to go anywhere. And I read that, at least the preliminary rumors, "he has a job here if he wants it."

Doesn't sound like there will be any issues here..
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    On defense I sure as hell don't. But that being said I think Rex being a coach vs Rex being a DC would be a different personality. I dunno tho, let me just say this, any coach that we hire or are looking to hire and would not like to retain wade, will be off to a bad start IMO

Elway pretty much said that he wants Wade back but it'll ultimately be up to the new HC. Should hopefully narrow down the choices lol

Elway: Would you like us to retain Wade Phillips?

HC: Well, here's the thi-

Elway: Next...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1...source=twitter

Pretty good gesture by DT. Glad to see that he was a good choice for team captain. Remember that a captain doesn't have to be the most vocal player.

As for Lynch, damn right he had a reason to be upset. 31 other teams start Lynch in that scenario, we didn't. 31 other teams make sure he gets decent playing time, we didn't. Kubiak made it plain as day that he was not on board with developing Lynch, and treated him like a long term backup all year. That last game proves it. Lynch deserves to be upset because Kubiak told him that he'd see playing time, and Kubiak went back on his word.

I love Kubiak and will miss him, but it's aggravating that he spent this entire season not trying to develop Lynch at all. You all wonder why Lynch still looks so raw? It's because the guy that Elway tasked to develop him was infatuated with Siemian instead.

Now Lynch has an entire off season while Siemian is having shoulder surgery, Elway is going to make sure there is a coach in place that WANTS to develop Lynch, and Siemian doesn't have the huge advantage of knowing the playbook/system for any length longer than Lynch.

Take all that into account, and I'd say it's pretty good odds that Siemian will be Lynch's backup next year.

I've said all season the siemien was just upping his trade value and he will get traded during the draft I'm not sure for what or to what team but Lynch will be the starter and we will bring a vet in as a backup. No matter what in my opinion

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast