Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 923
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Yeah I don't think Kubiak gets fired. I think it's possible he retires though. He said he'll use next week for reflection.

    Also Wade needs a new contract because his expires after Sunday.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,400
    something is going to happen. You don't "need to reflect" unless you are uncertain.

    Very easy response. "Yes, I'm coming back." That's it. No drama, no room for speculation.

    Either he already has an answer but doing this tactic. Or he actually needs to talk with Elway about this (or he talk with Kubs about it).

    Either way, if it is the latter, then commence that HC search immediately.

    Going to be a fun off-season, I can already tell my brethren.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,332
    someone said Trent baalke will have a scouting job with us after the 9ers fire him. I wonder as well of Greg Roman comes to Denver as OC?!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    something is going to happen. You don't "need to reflect" unless you are uncertain.

    Very easy response. "Yes, I'm coming back." That's it. No drama, no room for speculation.

    Either he already has an answer but doing this tactic. Or he actually needs to talk with Elway about this (or he talk with Kubs about it).

    Either way, if it is the latter, then commence that HC search immediately.

    Going to be a fun off-season, I can already tell my brethren.
    That's the way I feel. It caught me kinda off guard when he said he's focused on Oakland, and then will use the next week to reflect. Think that's a pretty good sign that either he's leaving, or some of his staff is.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    someone said Trent baalke will have a scouting job with us after the 9ers fire him. I wonder as well of Greg Roman comes to Denver as OC?!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I'd love Baalke as a scout, but I'd pass on Roman.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,373
    I must say, I think Kubiak leaving is for the best. I have nothing against him but I've never been the biggest fan of his as a HC. As a Red Sox fan (for anyone that follows baseball), John Farrell is one of the worst managers in baseball who keeps hanging around because we managed to luck into a championship a few years ago. Although I don't think Kubiak is one of the worst HCs in football, I don't want him to stay longer than eh should due to that SB.

    The problem now is that Wade Phillips will more than likely leave as well, meaning a complete re-haul (again) offensively and defensively.

    It's too bad Josh McDaniels first stint was with us. I'm sure he'll have much more success his second time around.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Wow Schefter is reporting that Kubiak is likely retiring after this game. Hopefully we keep Wade. It would be nice to get Kyle in here.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    I must say, I think Kubiak leaving is for the best. I have nothing against him but I've never been the biggest fan of his as a HC. As a Red Sox fan (for anyone that follows baseball), John Farrell is one of the worst managers in baseball who keeps hanging around because we managed to luck into a championship a few years ago. Although I don't think Kubiak is one of the worst HCs in football, I don't want him to stay longer than eh should due to that SB.

    The problem now is that Wade Phillips will more than likely leave as well, meaning a complete re-haul (again) offensively and defensively.

    It's too bad Josh McDaniels first stint was with us. I'm sure he'll have much more success his second time around.
    I doubt McDaniels ever has success anywhere as a HC unless he takes over for BB in NE.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,236
    Smells like Elway has been organizing a house cleaning since Kubiak's first health scare. This all looks as though it's been planned to the "T."

    I doubt any of the main coaches are retained.

    You know what the alternative reminds me of?

    It's like if Rocky III ended with no comeback fight against Clubber Lang. If they just won the title, got **** on, and then gave up.

    Elway is gonna find his Apollo Creed, his dirty LA gym to reignite everyone's desire to win, and he's NOT going to fade away as a loser.

    The chip is slowly being lowered onto everyone's shoulders.

    ...and it's gonna be great.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I doubt McDaniels ever has success anywhere as a HC unless he takes over for BB in NE.
    How do you say this? The Broncos were at fault for giving him GM and personnel control.

    I think the older he gets the better players will respect him, I understand and know he destroyed our team that lead to a 4-12 season, but he is a great offensive mind and I think he has a BB approach to coaching that will lead to success.

    I wouldn't mind if he came back, especially with lynch. And he would give some of these players kicks in the ***, instead of coddling them like Kubiak does.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    How do you say this? The Broncos were at fault for giving him GM and personnel control.

    I think the older he gets the better players will respect him, I understand and know he destroyed our team that lead to a 4-12 season, but he is a great offensive mind and I think he has a BB approach to coaching that will lead to success.

    I wouldn't mind if he came back, especially with lynch. And he would give some of these players kicks in the ***, instead of coddling them like Kubiak does.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Respect had nothing to do with age. He just didn't have the respect. He had a qb whining about him, a running back hitting on his wife, a WR punting footballs, and was caught cheating. Age doesn't cure that.

    He's also only ever had success with NE. He was bad in Denver, and he was bad in Stl. I think he can succeed in the NE environment, but I don't think he can replicate that environment on another team. If that makes sense.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,332
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Respect had nothing to do with age. He just didn't have the respect. He had a qb whining about him, a running back hitting on his wife, a WR punting footballs, and was caught cheating. Age doesn't cure that.

    He's also only ever had success with NE. He was bad in Denver, and he was bad in Stl. I think he can succeed in the NE environment, but I don't think he can replicate that environment on another team. If that makes sense.
    Cutler whines about anyone, I'm not sure what was up with the whole wife/RB thing(that's on him and his wife), and b-marsh was a head case in Denver and Miami, until he sought out help.

    He was 32 years old for his first gig, and he was granted to much authority over the roster and tried to act like BB right off the bat, players aren't gonna respect that style of coaching from a 32 year old in his 1st gig.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,332
    What are we thinking or hoping our D line looks like next year?



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    ****ing defense lets Cook go right down the field on like 3 plays.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,038
    Siemian trying to ruin this game. Smh

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •