Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    typical chip is damn straight. forgive me for not spewing empty names so far away from the off-season... or don't. it means less than nothing to me. i guarantee that no one you mentioned will be our pf savior.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

I know David West is coming off free agency next season, I wouldn't mind if we picked him up as a backup. David Lee is also in a player option this year, similar game to West, but I think he would play well next to Gobert. (I think a high assist per 48 minutes ratio would play best with Gobert).

Jarebko is also a good candidate. All these PF's are relatively cheap as well, which is important for the next few years. West and Lee are under 2 million for each of their contracts, Jarebko is at 5 Million right now, and they were trying to deal him this year.

I'm going to call BS on both the Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams rumors. Multiple media outlets are saying we want to sign them. If we wanted them so bad we would have just traded some of our many picks at the trade deadline. Why would the Jazz try and battle with the Cav's to sign these players when they could have traded and got them outright? I think some sports writers are just trying to stir the pot.... or on pot.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

well Hill said he would love to stay in Utah, and is working on contract negotiations with them. Utah reportedly is trying to max him out this year and give him a lower salary the following 3 years. Which I think is a great idea. That means we could pay him much less those three years, but he'll be getting more money up front. Everyone wins in that scenario.

the problem, however, is that sltrib is reporting hill'd rather test the market. i reckon he's leaving for greener pastures in the offseason.

-chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    the problem, however, is that sltrib is reporting hill'd rather test the market. i reckon he's leaving for greener pastures in the offseason.
    Not sure if it means that he is leaving... but I think it signifies two things. First, he may not have wanted to resign until he knows what Heyward is doing. I imagine Hill wants to play for a contender at this point in his career, if Heyward leaves, I don't think Hill stays. That is the first domino. Second domino is hill is looking for 25 million a year range. If we extended him this year, we could have given him about 20 million a year (including this year which would have over doubled his salary this year.

So I think Hill wants Heyward and Hill wants money. He can still get both from Jazz and potentially stay, but would have been nice to use this years cap . :/

What do you guys think we are going to do with Favors? From what I've seen this season, Favors doesn't look anything close to last year. The games I've seen, his defense is lacking as well.

typical chip is damn straight. forgive me for not spewing empty names so far away from the off-season... or don't. it means less than nothing to me. i guarantee that no one you mentioned will be our pf savior.
    Perfect example. There you go again further proving my point. You never have an original idea. Thanks for making that so easy. The defense rests.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdood View Post
    What do you guys think we are going to do with Favors? From what I've seen this season, Favors doesn't look anything close to last year. The games I've seen, his defense is lacking as well.
    I think the Jazz will try to build his value throughout the rest of the season, then trade him this off-season. The biggest issue is, when you have Favors and Gobert on the court, it is hard to stretch the floor. Those two rarely play together in crunch time. I think Favors is still a good player and is going to be better next year (a contract year) than he was this year. So the Jazz will not give him away, but should be able to get some good value with him being a reasonable expiring contract who is still young.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Perfect example. There you go again further proving my point. You never have an original idea. Thanks for making that so easy. The defense rests.
    where did i refute your damn asinine point, wes?

-chipurmunki

I am starting to feel a bit uneasy about our future. Everything I have been reading about Hill is that he is going to want a Max contract. Jazz were offering him a very rich contract before the deadline, but has been advised he can get a max deal this summer.

If we don't keep Hill, then I don't see Heyward staying. If we keep both Hill and Heyward on Max contracts, I think we lose our young guys in the next year or two. No way that we keep Ingles this summer and doubt we are able to keep Hood and Exum the year after. Hill has missed alot of playing time due to injuries this year (a contract year) and he will be a year older.

I just don't like how things are shaking out. I don't see us keeping Hill at his asking price. Which means Heyward probably leaves and goes to the Celtics. We don't get anything for either and our draft picks this year are all going to be late round. If neither Hill or Heyward sign, we will have a boatload of cap space, but what big name players would sign with us?

Maybe I am just being pestimistic, but pretty discouraged about the stuff I am reading about Hill and if we give him the money he is asking for, I think we lose a number of our up and coming players and not sure if Hill, Heyward, Gobert max contract players is going to cut it to get anywhere close to winning a championship.

i agree about hill and the ramifications for hayward's return. we need lindsey to work his magic to retain hayward. if we can grab someone that hayward is already tight with, even if it's unconventional or whatever, i think we have a good shot at keeping him. all's not lost, and there do appear to be storm clouds on the horizon, but we can't forget about the wizards in the front office.

-chipurmunki

i agree about hill and the ramifications for hayward's return. we need lindsey to work his magic to retain hayward. if we can grab someone that hayward is already tight with, even if it's unconventional or whatever, i think we have a good shot at keeping him. all's not lost, and there do appear to be storm clouds on the horizon, but we can't forget about the wizards in the front office.
    About all we can do is have faith that they somehow keep Hayward around. Whatever needs to be done to make that happen. If we have to give Hill a lot of money then so be it. Hill hasn't ever been a free agent soaube he just wants to go through that process which is why he didn't sign the extension. It could be as simple as that and we end up signing him for basically the same deal. I dunno, all I can do is enjoy our best team in years and hope that they find a way to keep it intact and keep moving the franchise in the right direction.

Ingles is a way underrated critical piece to what we are doing and we have to keep him. At this point, I would rather have Ingles than Hill. I am guessing Ingles gets maybe 15 million a year?

I would love to keep Hill, but I don't see how we can do it. Rumors are Nets are going to offer him a max or near max contract. They know they are not going to be great next year, but they have lots of money to spend and want someone who is going to be a good leader to young guys and help them get better. Hill needs to decide if he wants to get paid and play for a lesser team, or if he wants to take a discount to play for a championship contender. We shouldn't let a team like the Nets jack up the price we pay for Hill.

PG alternatives: I hear Deron Williams wants to play in Utah. I believe his attitude is behind him and he knows that at this point he is a backup and a veteran presence. Exum takes of the PG position next year, D-Will is signed to back him up, and Neto is the 3rd string PG. I prefer Hill over Exum, but if Hill wants to be a starter the next 3 years and get paid like an all-star, I think the Jazz are better off making Exum the starter and signing a vet like D-Will as the backup.

I believe the Jazz will trade Favors during the off-season. We will need his cap space and with how well Johnson has been at the PF position, I think the Jazz will want to stay with that model. I am not saying Favors and Gobert CAN'T play with each other, but I am saying that as a team, the Jazz all play better when there is only one big in the paint. It has created more driving opportunities for the whole team with 4 out and 1 in.

This means the Jazz will need a legit backup center. They should have someone in the mold of Gobert, a defender and a rebounder that allows the Jazz to keep their style of play when Gobert is out.

If the Jazz are able to have a good off-season, I see them as legit title contenders next year. The Warriors have alot of tough financial decisions to make this off-season. The Spurs have some vets who may retire. I think the Jazz match up well with the Rockets and Clippers.

I am looking forward to the playoffs to see who are the players who really step-up and I am excited for our guys to get experience.

I am also looking forward to the off-season because if we play our cards right, I think we are legit title contenders next year and years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    Ingles is a way underrated critical piece to what we are doing and we have to keep him. At this point, I would rather have Ingles than Hill. I am guessing Ingles gets maybe 15 million a year?

I would love to keep Hill, but I don't see how we can do it. Rumors are Nets are going to offer him a max or near max contract. They know they are not going to be great next year, but they have lots of money to spend and want someone who is going to be a good leader to young guys and help them get better. Hill needs to decide if he wants to get paid and play for a lesser team, or if he wants to take a discount to play for a championship contender. We shouldn't let a team like the Nets jack up the price we pay for Hill.

PG alternatives: I hear Deron Williams wants to play in Utah. I believe his attitude is behind him and he knows that at this point he is a backup and a veteran presence. Exum takes of the PG position next year, D-Will is signed to back him up, and Neto is the 3rd string PG. I prefer Hill over Exum, but if Hill wants to be a starter the next 3 years and get paid like an all-star, I think the Jazz are better off making Exum the starter and signing a vet like D-Will as the backup.

I believe the Jazz will trade Favors during the off-season. We will need his cap space and with how well Johnson has been at the PF position, I think the Jazz will want to stay with that model. I am not saying Favors and Gobert CAN'T play with each other, but I am saying that as a team, the Jazz all play better when there is only one big in the paint. It has created more driving opportunities for the whole team with 4 out and 1 in.

This means the Jazz will need a legit backup center. They should have someone in the mold of Gobert, a defender and a rebounder that allows the Jazz to keep their style of play when Gobert is out.

If the Jazz are able to have a good off-season, I see them as legit title contenders next year. The Warriors have alot of tough financial decisions to make this off-season. The Spurs have some vets who may retire. I think the Jazz match up well with the Rockets and Clippers.

I am looking forward to the playoffs to see who are the players who really step-up and I am excited for our guys to get experience.

I am also looking forward to the off-season because if we play our cards right, I think we are legit title contenders next year and years to come.
    I would never give Ingles 15/yr and not give Hill 20/yr. Hill is just a much better player and IMO more important to us winning. If Ingles can get that much let him get it somewhere else. I understand he does a little bit of everything but you can't pay a bench player that kind of money.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast