Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 213
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    28,088
    As I've said for awhile he is a SS who will play some LB. With how much teams play in nickel, someone will love him.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    As I've said for awhile he is a SS who will play some LB. With how much teams play in nickel, someone will love him.
    I agree maybe a part-time lb at most but I think he could good just as a ss

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

    #InCaldwellWeTrust

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,427
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Let me Just leave this year for Bwall


    Per Rotoworld
    as you were saying
    At pretentious Jags fan, ironic isn't it?

    Group think never goes wrong. Too bad I have my own eyes and ears and can think for myself.

    I am consistently an independent thinker and get more right than wrong. I hated Flowers, called him late round garbage all year. Debated that David Johnson was the best RB after Gurley and Gordon. Never bought in to Greg Robinson. The list goes on and on. A group of people disagreeing with me proves nothing. Get at me when he is an All Pro safety.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    49,137
    He's an elite return man. Teams want to utilize that. So having him keep the weight down and play SS would allow him to do so.

    PROCESSING

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    49,137
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    At pretentious Jags fan, ironic isn't it?

    Group think never goes wrong. Too bad I have my own eyes and ears and can think for myself.

    I am consistently an independent thinker and get more right than wrong. I hated Flowers, called him late round garbage all year. Debated that David Johnson was the best RB after Gurley and Gordon. Never bought in to Greg Robinson. The list goes on and on. A group of people disagreeing with me proves nothing. Get at me when he is an All Pro safety.
    Ok. All of us have moments like that.

    And no one is saying all pro safety.

    What makes Peppers a good fit is athleticism. And his return ability. At LB he would need to add 20-25 pounds to his 6'1" 201 pound frame. The fear would be how much of that elite athleticism ability would he lose? Previous guys that did this change were bigger weight wise to start off, so the transition didn't take as much.

    PROCESSING

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,557
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He's an elite return man. Teams want to utilize that. So having him keep the weight down and play SS would allow him to do so.
    How many teams utilize starters as their main return man? I'd imagine not often and probably only when the team is needing a spark or at a crucial time.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

    #InCaldwellWeTrust

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,427
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok. All of us have moments like that.

    And no one is saying all pro safety.

    What makes Peppers a good fit is athleticism. And his return ability. At LB he would need to add 20-25 pounds to his 6'1" 201 pound frame. The fear would be how much of that elite athleticism ability would he lose? Previous guys that did this change were bigger weight wise to start off, so the transition didn't take as much.
    You're telling me a "safety" projected to go Top 5 isnt expected to be an All-Pro? That's insane, Being a Top 5 pick at certain positions comes wI think retain expectations. Sean Taylor is the only safety selected in the Top 5 since 1992.

    Mark Barron plays weak side LB at 6'2, 213 lbs. Peppers could easily add 10 lbs and play weak side LB in the NFL. If he is good enough on defense he won't be returning kicks long anyways because he will be too valuable to risk.

    My point is I'm not going to ignore what I see because others feel differently, maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not.

    He's not even the worst guy being talked about in the Top 10, he's a great playmaker and a very versatile athlete, just shouldn't start at Safety in NFL, too much of a liability on the back end.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    49,137
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    How many teams utilize starters as their main return man? I'd imagine not often and probably only when the team is needing a spark or at a crucial time.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    I think more than you expect.

    Steelers, Cards, Patriots have all done it for a while. Packers have been using Cobb.

    PROCESSING

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    49,137
    Leonard Fournette will not play in LSU's bowl game to "focus on the draft".

    I call red flag.

    PROCESSING

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,427
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think more than you expect.

    Steelers, Cards, Patriots have all done it for a while. Packers have been using Cobb.
    If you're valuable enough at your main position you don't return kicks. No problem Bowl or All Pro quality defensive back should be taking hits repeatedly on returns and risk availability for their main job.

    Patrick Peterson easily could be the best returner in the league today, that would be stupid though.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,984
    Does anyone else here think Budda Baker is going to be a first round, probably top 20, pick?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    28,088
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    If you're valuable enough at your main position you don't return kicks. No problem Bowl or All Pro quality defensive back should be taking hits repeatedly on returns and risk availability for their main job.

    Patrick Peterson easily could be the best returner in the league today, that would be stupid though.
    Antonio Brown is the Steelers main PR guy.


    And no I don't think Budda Baker goes that high, 2nd or 3rd round. Sidney Jones goes before him.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Antonio Brown is the Steelers main PR guy.


    And no I don't think Budda Baker goes that high, 2nd or 3rd round. Sidney Jones goes before him.
    They also seem to ask a magic 8 ball when to go for two. I don't know what they're thinking. Maybe Bell can handle kickoffs.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Antonio Brown is the Steelers main PR guy.


    And no I don't think Budda Baker goes that high, 2nd or 3rd round. Sidney Jones goes before him.
    I think with Hooker not declaring, there's a gap to be filled about a FS prospect. And I think he fits well as that guy. I can't say I'm sure Hooker would've been the better prospect between the two, yet he was getting close to top 10 love from some parts.

    Jones might very well come off the board before him, but I think the two things may still happen simultaneously. Jones is likely a top 3 CB prospect in this class anyway.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,557
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Leonard Fournette will not play in LSU's bowl game to "focus on the draft".

    I call red flag.
    I call protecting himself so he isnt getting jaylon smith'd.

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

    #InCaldwellWeTrust

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •