Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Jabrill Peppers is not an NFL Safety. If some team plays him at Safety he will be a major bust.

He played mostly LB this year and for good reason.

In his last game he got his first career INT on a ball deflected by somebody else. He would have the worst ball skills out of any Top 10 DB in the modern era.

Shaq Thompson, Mark Barron, Sua Cravens, Ray Ray Armstrong all college Safeties who had to transition to LB in NFL. Peppers is no different.
    I think more of Bucannon. Drafted in the first round. Does play both LB and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Once you're out of the first round or so, it doesn't really matter. I don't think he goes first round with another season. You might as well just get in their and try to get to your second contract, IMO.
    I feel he's already borderline first/2nd rounder as it is. If he stayed another year I think he could lock himself into the first round. He declared though.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I think more of Bucannon. Drafted in the first round. Does play both LB and safety.
    Bucannon never plays deep, he is always in the box. He is a Linebacker regardless of what number he wants to wear.

I really just can't see Peppers succeeding at Slot in the NFL, he could be a great 4-3 Will LB but doesn't have the Safety skill set for me.

Jamal Adams on the other hand is a true game changing Top 10 worthy Strong Safety. That kid will be nasty on the back end for somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Bucannon never plays deep, he is always in the box. He is a Linebacker regardless of what number he wants to wear.

I really just can't see Peppers succeeding at Slot in the NFL, he could be a great 4-3 Will LB but doesn't have the Safety skill set for me.

Jamal Adams on the other hand is a true game changing Top 10 worthy Strong Safety. That kid will be nasty on the back end for somebody.
    So u don't like peppers at safety because he has 1 interception in his career? Teams tend to avoid certain guys and he hasn't really had the chances. He's only a redshirt sophmore but he has good hands. The reason he is playing lb is so teams can't avoid going at him as much as playing in the slot which he shouldn't be playing.
    There was a shutdown corner last year had 0 interceptions and locked wrs down in a power 5 school. For whatever reason teams passed on him(possible for his lack of size). In peppers your getting the best athlete defensively and while you like it or not he more than likely will start out playing a safety position.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Peppers played LB due to team need, not being he wasn't doing good at S. Team had bad depth at LB and in Brown's D it was more of a hybrid SS/LB as would he role in the NFL be alot like that.

Oklahoma's wr DeDe Westbrook has 2 family violence charges on him. Oklahoma rb Joe mixon punched a girl. Then you have dgb and Frank Shannon both who were accused of violence against women

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Deshone Kizer declared. Big mistake for him imo. Gonna be a guy that needs to sit for a year or 2

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Deshone Kizer declared. Big mistake for him imo. Gonna be a guy that needs to sit for a year or 2

Yes and no. Kizer has the tools. Yes it would be best for him to stay and perfect his abilities but this draft class at QB is so weak. Kizer even with his flaws is likely a top 10 pick. At worst he gets the Lynch treatment and gets selected late first. I almost feel his chances at top 10 are higher then him falling into the 20s.

Yes and no. Kizer has the tools. Yes it would be best for him to stay and perfect his abilities but this draft class at QB is so weak. Kizer even with his flaws is likely a top 10 pick. At worst he gets the Lynch treatment and gets selected late first. I almost feel his chances at top 10 are higher then him falling into the 20s.
    Still would need to sit either way cuz he isn't a guy I would want to start year 1 compared to something like a jaemis Winston kinda qb

#InCaldwellWeTrust

While the QB class isn't elite it's not weak. Could end up being a solid class with guys becoming top 10-15 QBs in time. I also like Trubisky/Allen over Kizer/Watson. A sneaky guy being Mahomes but no QB has really ever made it from an Air Raid system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    While the QB class isn't elite it's not weak. Could end up being a solid class with guys becoming top 10-15 QBs in time. I also like Trubisky/Allen over Kizer/Watson. A sneaky guy being Mahomes but no QB has really ever made it from an Air Raid system.
    Feels like Matt Ryans draft class. Lots of really good QBs. No one top level have to have. Ryan and Flacco were the top QB's that year.

I expect something similar this year. Top QB might go 3-5 because there's better players, and these QB's aren't "must have" players.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I feel like Mahomes would be a pick for the Niners in the 2nd or 3rd round if Chip Kelly remains on staff. Seems to be able to do all the things he'd want at QB and would allow them to go another direction with their 1st rounder.

He is definitely making the right choice. He is a first round lock.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Feels like Matt Ryans draft class. Lots of really good QBs. No one top level have to have. Ryan and Flacco were the top QB's that year.

I expect something similar this year. Top QB might go 3-5 because there's better players, and these QB's aren't "must have" players.
    Ryan was definitely a top-level QB prospect. Maybe not a super-elite prospect, but he was a really good one.

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    He is definitely making the right choice. He is a first round lock.

Ryan was definitely a top-level QB prospect. Maybe not a super-elite prospect, but he was a really good one.
    Not saying he wasn't good at the time. But that draft class overall at QB was, meh. That's how I feel about this one.

PROCESSING

Let me Just leave this year for Bwall

Per Rotoworld
    Emily Kaplan of The MMQB spoke with an NFL personnel member who said "the word seems to be unanimous" that Michigan redshirt sophomore Jabrill Peppers should be a safety in the NFL.

The same evaluator said Peppers is viewed as a top four prospect in this draft. The safety position is utilized differently depending on the defense and the team, but the title makes sense for a 6-foo-1, 202-pound defender. Expect those who evaluate outside the NFL to question Peppers during the process, but it seems clear that the NFL absolutely loves him.
    as you were saying

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast