Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I know what you mean. I have met several of the KU basketball team from last year, only ones I didn't meet were Josh Jackson and Udoka Azubuike. They all seemed really nice so when several of them were getting accused or charged with different crimes, I was sort of surprised. I have a friend who knows all of them (even Josh Jackson) and she said many of the charges even surprised her. She said; "They are all incredibly nice guys for the level of celebrity they are." You truly never know I guess.

Same, I was wanting Vontaze Burfict so bad in 2012. I know Burfict has had his problems since coming to the NFL, but we took some guy named Jerome Long in the 7th round that year. He never made the active roster at all in his time in KC. Same with La'el Collins, we took Da'Ron Brown in the 7th. I'm fine with taking a chance on someone that late. Chances are they'll be much better than the guy you take that late even with the character concerns.
    Didn't he tell teams that he was gonna sit out the season if he fell out of the first couple rounds?

Marcus Mariota

Big rumors this morning.

Mitchell Trubisky to Cleveland
    Myles Garrett to San Francisco
    Deshaun Watson to Jacksonville

I hope it's just a rumor if not Cleveland fans will burn down the city!!!
    Jacksonville would have a hard time passing on Fournette but again if the Browns take Trubisky at 1 then all hell will break loose and a run of Qb's will take place.
    I have said all along Cleveland owns this draft I think Garrett at #1 and best CB/S at #12 then get a QB at #33.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Big rumors this morning.

Mitchell Trubisky to Cleveland
    Myles Garrett to San Francisco
    Deshaun Watson to Jacksonville
    Based on how Caldwell works its always under covers so it tells me it shouldn't be Watson.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Based on how Caldwell works its always under covers so it tells me it shouldn't be Watson.

Well don't be surprised if it's Watson or Fournette. Doesn't seem the team and you are on same page.

Mary Kay Cabot reported Myles Garrett "is still the likely pick for the Browns at No. 1." She's an idiot so it's probably going to be Trubisky.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Well don't be surprised if it's Watson or Fournette. Doesn't seem the team and you are on same page.
    Don't be suprised if it isn't. Remember when we drafted bortles. Came out of left field cuz Caldwell kept it on the low. Caldwell likes to keep things on the low while Coughlin has some say but when your hc and OC have previous history together and both ran a shotgun based offense its real good odds we are a shotgun offense. Fournette is like Gurley an i-formation back. If we are drafting by scheme fit considered, which it should, then it would more likely be C.M. than Fournette but I think Coughlin likes to have very good trenches and both our Dline and Oline. We have 6 guys our dline who I believe are worth something(Ngakoue, Fowler, Jackson, Campbell, Day, Jones) we need 2 bodies on the dline(1 outside edge rusher, and 1 other guy). A guy like Allen or Thomas would be considered by most as a bpa.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Mary Kay Cabot reported Myles Garrett "is still the likely pick for the Browns at No. 1." She's an idiot so it's probably going to be Trubisky.
    If that's the case jags need to go trade up to get Myles Garrett.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I value Sapp's opinion as he is one of my fave defensive players in the game but between him and Trubisky, whom I have rank 3rd among qb, I'm taking Garrett

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Don't be suprised if it isn't. Remember when we drafted bortles. Came out of left field cuz Caldwell kept it on the low. Caldwell likes to keep things on the low while Coughlin has some say but when your hc and OC have previous history together and both ran a shotgun based offense its real good odds we are a shotgun offense. Fournette is like Gurley an i-formation back. If we are drafting by scheme fit considered, which it should, then it would more likely be C.M. than Fournette but I think Coughlin likes to have very good trenches and both our Dline and Oline. We have 6 guys our dline who I believe are worth something(Ngakoue, Fowler, Jackson, Campbell, Day, Jones) we need 2 bodies on the dline(1 outside edge rusher, and 1 other guy). A guy like Allen or Thomas would be considered by most as a bpa.

Haha

NickiJhabvala
    BREAKING: Air Force Academy decided before NFL draft it will not allow its athletes defer 2 yrs of active duty & immediately join a pro team
    Sucks for Jalen Robinette, doubt he gets drafted now. Maybe someone uses a 7th rounder on him for his rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    NickiJhabvala

Sucks for Jalen Robinette, doubt he gets drafted now. Maybe someone uses a 7th rounder on him for his rights.
    ******** move by the Air Force Academy.

I get that they signed up for service and should honor that committment. But those players were led to believe this whole time that they would be able to pursue professional sports. Hell they even had a Air Force Pro Day.... Why the hell do that if you aren't gonna let them go pro?

They wait until the week of the draft to make this decision when some of these kids have spent months working their *** off for the combine, pro day, visits etc.

We will see if this has an impact on the Air Force Academy being able to get athletes. Seemingly gives the Naval Academy a recruiting advantage.

Marcus Mariota

Haha
    What's even better is they drafted positions he stated as need and said some negative things about them too.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    ******** move by the Air Force Academy.

I get that they signed up for service and should honor that committment. But those players were led to believe this whole time that they would be able to pursue professional sports. Hell they even had a Air Force Pro Day.... Why the hell do that if you aren't gonna let them go pro?

They wait until the week of the draft to make this decision when some of these kids have spent months working their *** off for the combine, pro day, visits etc.

We will see if this has an impact on the Air Force Academy being able to get athletes. Seemingly gives the Naval Academy a recruiting advantage.
    Based on what I read about a Navy guy we have on tryout, it screws them too.

The people that decide this are so out of touch with reality. Losing 4 freaking officers a year isn't worth it. Service guys in the pros is terrific pub..It's free advertising. This is a bad look especially with the timing.

There's other ways for them to fulfill the commitment too.

Sounds to me theyre just being stubborn old grouches who are angry a couple guys are getting out without realizing the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Based on what I read about a Navy guy we have on tryout, it screws them too.

The people that decide this are so out of touch with reality. Losing 4 freaking officers a year isn't worth it. Service guys in the pros is terrific pub..It's free advertising. This is a bad look especially with the timing.

There's other ways for them to fulfill the commitment too.

Sounds to me theyre just being stubborn old grouches who are angry a couple guys are getting out without realizing the benefits.
    Its not just that its gonna hurt them on the field. How many of these kids would have gone somewhere else if they knew there was no chance of them being able to play in the pros? I would say quite a few. Especially the higher profile ones.

If it hurts them enough to make them drop out of bowl games that is a big blow in terms of advertising.

They were talking about it on the radio when this came out and the HC there was not happy about it at all.

Marcus Mariota

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast