Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Bush only had 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 1 season out of 5 in New Orleans, then went on to have 1,000 yards rushing alone in Miami and Deroit.

Sproles only had 1,000 yards from scrimmage in 1 season out of 3 in New Orleans.

Huge impact huh? Bush was widely considered a bust in NO and had to get to other systems to prove he could actually play.

Really head-scratching post all around. You don't seem to understand the offense or their history at all.
    I do understand their offense, quite well actually. The #'s you posted are because the Saints have consistently used RB committees. Bush shared carries with Deuce McAllister and Pierre Thomas. Sproles shared carries with Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas. Bush didn't live up to the hype but he was still a weapon for NO when he was healthy.

McCaffery playing in a committee with Ingram is why I like the fit so much. Many don't view McCaffery as an every down back and in NO he doesn't have to be. The Saints have fed passes to their backs for years, which will fit McCaffery's skill set the best. Bush (292 catches in 60 games) and Sproles (232 catches in 44 games) combined to average 5 catches per game. 5 times they had 70+ catches in a season. McCaffery playing that passing back role is a weapon in that offense. The scheme Peyton wants to run in NO fits to McCaffery's skill set perfectly. No team thrown to their RBs more than the Saints have. For example, in 2013 195 targets went to RBs, totaling 30% of the teams passing targets. They averaged 30 points per game. Line him up in the back field or in the slot. Plus his skills in the special teams game.

Given the average catches Bush and Sproles had per game (5), your looking at 80 catches per season. Give him say 10 carries a game (160 on the season) and your looking at 240 total touches. Ingram has always been injury prone so it's not a crazy thought for the Saints to decrease his total # of carries. Saints have also been putting more resources into their o-line in recent years, hinting they want to run the ball more. I don't currently see a roster that will give him a better opportunity to show case his skills in the passing game.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I put part of that on Peyton for consistently doing head scratching things with RB's period. He wants each of them to do a very specific thing. The most Carries Bush ever had in NO is 157, less than 10 per game. The most carries in a season Sproles had was 87, 5 carries per game.

Really the issue in NO with them as a running back is they were treated as WR's who happened to line up in the backfield.

But that year Sproles had 87 carries, 6.9 YPC.
    Bush goes to Miami and has 216 carries, 1086 yards.

So really I think Sean Peyton just doesn't know how to use a running back. Terrible use of them his entire time there.
    Basically what I'm trying to say is McCaffery would be a good fit for them but horribly misused because Sean Peyton refuses to do any short pass plays or runs.

Edit:
    Basically BWall I agree with you, but don't make it out like those guys didn't do anything. It's not on the player that every year there they saw less and less touches. This one is squarely on the coaching staff and QB who care more about stats and running it up than protecting leads and playing solid sound football.

I'm not blaming Sproles or Bush, he talked about the impact of McCaffery in the Saints offense in a Bush/Sproles role, and spending the #11 pick to do it.

History shows that is silly because that is a pass heavy offense that incorrectly and inefficiently uses their RBs time and time again.

Hell had Mark Ingram actually played in a better scheme he may have been an ok NFL back.

I'm not blaming Sproles or Bush, he talked about the impact of McCaffery in the Saints offense in a Bush/Sproles role, and spending the #11 pick to do it.

History shows that is silly because that is a pass heavy offense that incorrectly and inefficiently uses their RBs time and time again.

Hell had Mark Ingram actually played in a better scheme he may have been an ok NFL back.
    Agreed.

What I was trying to show was they were productive, but misused. So it's not like they were bad, just with a team that doesn't value or know how to effectively use their backs.

Agreed.

What I was trying to show was they were productive, but misused. So it's not like they were bad, just with a team that doesn't value or know how to effectively use their backs.
    Bush I can agree on because I think he deserved more carries but he was always injured. Hard to trust a game with the bulk of the load when you can't trust his health.

I really don't understand how Sproles was not effectively used. Sure he averaged less than 10 carries a game but he's what 5'6 190? That's not his style. He's a third down back. He had 70+ catches every season he was there plus returned punts. He caught passes out of backfield, slot and outside. He was effectively used on screens. I'm not sure how the Saints could have used him better.

McCaffrey is a much better version. He has the ability to shoulder 15+ carries a game while also being a stud in the pass game. Again no team targets RBs more than the Saints do.

You give him the same role in the pass game but with more carries then the pick is easily justified. Like I said in my last post: 10+ carries a game and 5 catches a game is 240 touches plus special teams. Hell none of the receivers in this class might catch that many passes.

Really the issue in NO with them as a running back is they were treated as WR's who happened to line up in the backfield.
    LOL, that's LITERALLY all Travaris Cadet is.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Michigan S Jabrill Peppers tested positive for a diluted sample at the NFL Scouting Combine.
    He was borderline 1st rounder, this knocks him out most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He was borderline 1st rounder, this knocks him out most likely.
    This sucks. I can't pretend I'm a genius for saying he would go top 20 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    LOL, that's LITERALLY all Travaris Cadet is.
    I remember when he was on some show about UDFAs or some **** when he was a rookie.

I need captions to understand what that dude was saying.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Yep, it was pretty obvious it was an Ohio State player from the unnamed sources. Still pretty surprised it is Conley. The 20 million dollar question is whether it is true or someone trying to take advantage of a person who could soon be very rich.

Yep, it was pretty obvious it was an Ohio State player from the unnamed sources. Still pretty surprised it is Conley. The 20 million dollar question is whether it is true or someone trying to take advantage of a person who could soon be very rich.
    Well in doubt u go with the Lae'l Collins strategy

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

This is REALLY surprising about Conley. I met him before when I was working at Ohio State and he came off as a really down to earth and nice guy. Although you never know what a guy is like outside of his football environment and when I met him it was before he became an impact player.. Hopefully this is nothing more than an attempted money grab.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Well in doubt u go with the Lae'l Collins strategy

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    That strategy worked great for 1 team and terrible for 31 others. Who couldn't use a 1st round T or G right now?

Spend a 7th and you either cut him or get a 1st round CB. That a low risk-high reward gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    This is REALLY surprising about Conley. I met him before when I was working at Ohio State and he came off as a really down to earth and nice guy. Although you never know what a guy is like outside of his football environment and when I met him it was before he became an impact player.. Hopefully this is nothing more than an attempted money grab.
    I know what you mean. I have met several of the KU basketball team from last year, only ones I didn't meet were Josh Jackson and Udoka Azubuike. They all seemed really nice so when several of them were getting accused or charged with different crimes, I was sort of surprised. I have a friend who knows all of them (even Josh Jackson) and she said many of the charges even surprised her. She said; "They are all incredibly nice guys for the level of celebrity they are." You truly never know I guess.

That strategy worked great for 1 team and terrible for 31 others. Who couldn't use a 1st round T or G right now?

Spend a 7th and you either cut him or get a 1st round CB. That a low risk-high reward gamble.
    Same, I was wanting Vontaze Burfict so bad in 2012. I know Burfict has had his problems since coming to the NFL, but we took some guy named Jerome Long in the 7th round that year. He never made the active roster at all in his time in KC. Same with La'el Collins, we took Da'Ron Brown in the 7th. I'm fine with taking a chance on someone that late. Chances are they'll be much better than the guy you take that late even with the character concerns.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

This really sucks for Conley that some stupid **** is pleading the damsel in distress act when it's an obvious lie. Anything for some lazy piece of **** to try and cash in on a successful man's pay-day.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast