Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Warriors have denied they could have interest in trading Klay Thompson to Celtics

The Golden State Warriors have denied a rumor that they could have interest in trading Klay Thompson.

Brian Scalabrine reported a trade scenario involving the Boston Celtics where Thompson would be traded for Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and the 2017 first round pick of the Brooklyn Nets. The Warriors would then try to turn the Brooklyn pick into Nerlens Noel.

Thompson struggled with his shot to begin the 16-17 season but has been playing much better of late.

There reportedly have been no talks between the Warriors and Celtics, though the two front offices are known to be relatively close. Scalabrine was an assistant coach for the Warriors during the 13-14 season.
    https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/798214677297696768

Of course they denied it but this is interesting.

Curry
    Bradley
    Crowder
    Durant
    Green
    With Nerlens come off the bench as the rim protector they really need would be real nasty IMO. Boston gets a legit player to build around locked into a decent contract
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 11-14-2016 at 06:07 PM.

That trade is fantastic for the Warriors, but the issue is the chemistry shock (Crowder has one of the best contracts in the NBA at ~8 mil through 2020) and Bradley still has another year under his. It's a move I wouldn't personally make this season, but would consider (pre-draft) in the off-season depending on how this all shakes out. That Brooklyn pick is extremely valuable btw (likely top 3), no way I'd trade it for Noel.

Who reported that this was a thing, by the way? I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Who reported that this was a thing, by the way? I'm skeptical.
    The White Mamba.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Is Noel really worth the BKN pick? You'd have to assume that's going to be a very high pick.

Warriors have denied they could have interest in trading Klay Thompson to Celtics

Not only is Noel not worth the Brooklyn pick, I'm not sure Klay is worth Crowder, Bradley and that pick

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Not only is Noel not worth the Brooklyn pick, I'm not sure Klay is worth Crowder, Bradley and that pick
    I agree.

The Warriors could move on from Klay Thompson, but is it worth the chemistry risk? I think they should just focus on adding another solid big. Maybe Robin Lopez would make sense?

+2.

Boston must be really desperate to trade some of their best assets like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    The Warriors could move on from Klay Thompson, but is it worth the chemistry risk? I think they should just focus on adding another solid big. Maybe Robin Lopez would make sense?
    What chemistry risk? They're going to make the play offs either way and would have 70 games to build chemistry...

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    What chemistry risk? They're going to make the play offs either way and would have 70 games to build chemistry...
    They're already balancing a chemistry adjustment with KD, to add 2 more rotation players to the mix (while removing a key cog of the past few years) is not only an on-court chemistry mess, but a potential off-court mess as well.

Still, that trade is advantageous for the Warriors as stated.

I love Klay Thompson, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. But I also don't believe it's real.

I think we all know Ainge wouldn't make a deal like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/798214677297696768

Of course they denied it but this is interesting.

Curry
    Bradley
    Crowder
    Durant
    Green
    With Nerlens come off the bench as the rim protector they really need would be real nasty IMO. Boston gets a legit player to build around locked into a decent contract
    No way I trade Klay for those 2 players from Boston & the Nets pick this season.

I would have to know the lottery order & the projected players. I would need to know if the player i am targeting is a legit can't miss star & will i be able to actually draft him depending on the draft order.

Some of you have lost it. Bradley & Crowder cant take over games/halfs. Why the hell would I trade the best player for 2 roll players & an unknown draft pick.

Klay is awsome when he is on, why do people want to break up the splash brothers (lol). Him & Curry need to play their entire careers together.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast