Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seahawks

    0 0%
  • Patriots

    4 100.00%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 186 of 186
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,847
    Bennet needs to be included more in yhe offensive gameplan. Did anyine noticed that when Gronk went out with the concussion protocol and bennett was getting,look at the offense marched down the field. Bennett is a difference making we need and we need ti focus more on him .

  2. #182
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    33,726
    The good news is that we are going to have more money to play around with in FA this offseason because Ryan and Sheard have costed themselves millions upon millions with their poor play. Unless we pay for premium talent in FA(minimum 4m player) I want our first three picks on D. Marcus Cannon has been great this season with Dante back and playing at a lighter weight. Resign him and take OT off our high draft needs list. I would go, in any order, pass rushing DT, pass rushing DE and LB with our first 3 picks. Those three big defensive needs coincide with the guys we shipped out, Easley, Jones and Collins. We also (should)have an extra 3rd from the Browns, so we can either get a C/G depth guy or a RB on O. Or we could go D again and pick a DB. Drafting a DB would depend on how the coaches view Coleman, Cyrus, Jonathan Jones, Ryan, Rowe going forward and if they want/are able to resign Harmon. Richards has been a bust so it wouldn't surprise me if Bill went high there again.

    Flowers, Nink, High pick, Sheard/Long/pick/UDFA/vet

    Brown, Branch(?), Valentine, High pick
    ^If Branch leaves we can go Woodrow Hamilton, vet, later round pick or UDFA

    LB is a question mark, idk what we are doing here.
    Hightower, Roberts, High pick, Freeny(?, ew), McClellin(?, disappointing), Mingo(?, still not getting D snaps, only ST)

    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    If next week were the start of the playoffs and we where in?
    What team would we be facing first? Reason I ask is it got me
    thinking about tonight's loss against Seattle. I said in that game
    thread I believe Bill wanted to lose on purpose so we wouldn't have
    to face a team like Denver in Denver if we played them in the POs
    we meet them in wk 15 I believe and that could determine the playoff
    outcome or even having to go face Kansas City in possibly in Arrowhead.
    The way I see it we have a better chance facing Oakland (if they make it in)
    or Baltimore again same as Oakland.
    I guarantee you Bill doesn't throw games. It doesn't make sense to try and lose a game to avoid someone when you can just win out and guarantee everyone plays here. Playing at Denver really isn't as scary as Pats fans make it out to be. We have an extremely high chance at the #1 seed seeing as how some of the other top teams in this conference will be playing each other. Atm we are tied with Oak and KC for the #1 seed at 7-2. It's too early to think about overall seeding.

    KC schedule:
    Bucc
    Broncs
    Falcons
    Raiders
    Titans
    Broncs
    Chargers

    All of those except Buccs is a potential loss.

    Raiders remaining schedule:

    Texans
    Panthers
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Colts
    Broncs

    I can see them losing half of those.

    Our schedule:

    9ers
    Jets
    Rams
    Ravens
    Broncs
    Jets
    Fins

    0-2 losses depending on if we have a sloppy game or two and the D doesn't improve.

    If we don't get the #1 seed I would consider it a choke job on our part similar to that of last year, only this year we are one of the healthiest teams in the league whereas last year we were one of the most injured so we don't have the injury excuse. It would be a bigger choke job.
    I personally don't think the Defense is going to get "fixed" this season. All it can do is improve. If it's average, we should win the SB.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

    HOLY ****



    [Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

  3. #183
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Wow, last nights game. Just so much to go over. Let's start with the negatives.

    Just awful play all the way around. The offense was sloppy and not aggressive. I just really didn't understand the game plan. Are we that scared of Seattles secondary/pass rush that we completely go away from what we do best? I know we're generally a game plan specific team, but the offense generally doesn't change much (philosophy wise - we throw the ball with the best QB in the game). That said, I thought Blount had a great game, as well as the offensive line.

    Tom Brady - was very up and down. He had some absolutely brilliant passed. However that fumble on the goal line, inexcusable. I thought he went away from Gronk way to much in the beginning and middle of the game. I don't think he read the defense all that well.

    WR's - just a bad game. Hogan where were you? Mitchell with a bone headed rookie mistake. Edelman had some fantastic plays but they're overshadowed by the fumble and a drop.

    Bennett/Blount/O-Line - the only true bright spots on offense.

    ST - Jones HOLD ONTO THE DAMN BALL. Gost with another rocky game.

    Defense - really a big concern here, and this was my issue with the Collins trade. Granted Collins wasn't playing up to his 2015 play, but you can't tell me he wouldn't have made a difference in this game. They played awful. The secondary was atrocious, getting burned in man-to-man, and then in zone, just not even getting close to their WR's. Everyone just standing around. The DL has been terrible. No pass rush. Can't stop the run. Can't hold an edge. Can't tackle the QB the few times they even get close. This defense has regressed as the season's gone on which is NOT a good sign here. Missing Jones and Collins is a big issue right now. Sheard is virtually non existent. Ryan is playing like absolute trash. Chung had a terrible game.

    Play calling on offense I thought was odd. I was happy with the run game, and I would love to see that "run it down their throats attitude" more often. But why try to do it against Seattle? It worked to an extent, but I think we focused on it too much.

    Play calling on defense, I thought wasn't great. But honestly, they were playing so bad I don't think Patricia even knew what to do by then end of that game so he just played soft. And the defense just let Seattle have their way with them. Run, pass, didn't matter. We couldn't stop anything.

    Very frustrating game to watch. Not Patriots football that's for sure.

    All that said. Playing that badly in all aspects of the game, the game was ours for the taking against a very good Seattle team. Their record doesn't reflect how good that team is. They're known to start off slow. Very winnable game, but we truly didn't deserve that win.

    I would not want to be a player at practice this week. Their week is going to be hell. BB cannot be pleased with anyone after that performance.

    Luckily we have an easy 4 game schedule to get back on track and work out some things before way play Denver. That will be a very important game.

    As always, home field advantage is a must this year. Especially with a weak defense. We really can't afford to lose another game, maybe one. Playing in DEN, OAK, or KC will not end well for us in the playoffs.

    KC and DEN still have to play twice
    KC and OAK play 1 more game

    In an ideal world they can all pick up one more L
    This......Nailed it! I will also say this team is playing with ZERO intensity (I hate that).

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    If next week were the start of the playoffs and we where in?
    What team would we be facing first? Reason I ask is it got me
    thinking about tonight's loss against Seattle. I said in that game
    thread I believe Bill wanted to lose on purpose so we wouldn't have
    to face a team like Denver in Denver if we played them in the POs
    we meet them in wk 15 I believe and that could determine the playoff
    outcome or even having to go face Kansas City in possibly in Arrowhead.
    The way I see it we have a better chance facing Oakland (if they make it in)
    or Baltimore again same as Oakland.
    I understand you may be a bit confused about how the NFL works, so here goes.

    The team with the best record in a conference gets home field advantage and a first round bye. A bye is a "week off" during the first round. After the first round is played the team with the best record finds out who they play in the second round. That game would be played at home. Bill would not throw a game... that may be one of the most asinine comments I have ever read. Why would you throw a game to NOT get home field advantage and a first round bye?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    The good news is that we are going to have more money to play around with in FA this offseason because Ryan and Sheard have costed themselves millions upon millions with their poor play. Unless we pay for premium talent in FA(minimum 4m player) I want our first three picks on D. Marcus Cannon has been great this season with Dante back and playing at a lighter weight. Resign him and take OT off our high draft needs list. I would go, in any order, pass rushing DT, pass rushing DE and LB with our first 3 picks. Those three big defensive needs coincide with the guys we shipped out, Easley, Jones and Collins. We also (should)have an extra 3rd from the Browns, so we can either get a C/G depth guy or a RB on O. Or we could go D again and pick a DB. Drafting a DB would depend on how the coaches view Coleman, Cyrus, Jonathan Jones, Ryan, Rowe going forward and if they want/are able to resign Harmon. Richards has been a bust so it wouldn't surprise me if Bill went high there again.

    Flowers, Nink, High pick, Sheard/Long/pick/UDFA/vet

    Brown, Branch(?), Valentine, High pick
    ^If Branch leaves we can go Woodrow Hamilton, vet, later round pick or UDFA

    LB is a question mark, idk what we are doing here.
    Hightower, Roberts, High pick, Freeny(?, ew), McClellin(?, disappointing), Mingo(?, still not getting D snaps, only ST)



    I guarantee you Bill doesn't throw games. It doesn't make sense to try and lose a game to avoid someone when you can just win out and guarantee everyone plays here. Playing at Denver really isn't as scary as Pats fans make it out to be. We have an extremely high chance at the #1 seed seeing as how some of the other top teams in this conference will be playing each other. Atm we are tied with Oak and KC for the #1 seed at 7-2. It's too early to think about overall seeding.

    KC schedule:
    Bucc
    Broncs
    Falcons
    Raiders
    Titans
    Broncs
    Chargers

    All of those except Buccs is a potential loss.

    Raiders remaining schedule:

    Texans
    Panthers
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Colts
    Broncs

    I can see them losing half of those.

    Our schedule:

    9ers
    Jets
    Rams
    Ravens
    Broncs
    Jets
    Fins

    0-2 losses depending on if we have a sloppy game or two and the D doesn't improve.

    If we don't get the #1 seed I would consider it a choke job on our part similar to that of last year, only this year we are one of the healthiest teams in the league whereas last year we were one of the most injured so we don't have the injury excuse. It would be a bigger choke job.
    I personally don't think the Defense is going to get "fixed" this season. All it can do is improve. If it's average, we should win the SB.
    But remember nothings set in stone. I think playing in Denver and or Kansas City
    is two of the hardest places to play in the AFC. Brady's record is 2-6 in Denver that
    includes POs and in KC I have no idea what the record is but I assume its not pretty.

    Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

  6. #186
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    33,726
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    But remember nothings set in stone. I think playing in Denver and or Kansas City
    is two of the hardest places to play in the AFC. Brady's record is 2-6 in Denver that
    includes POs and in KC I have no idea what the record is but I assume its not pretty.
    Which is why it makes no sense to purposely throw games. You would ideally want HFA. Both times we played at Denver last year it went down to the wire. It could have gone either way. In both games we were very injured, if that rook Harper didn't fumble and Gost doesn't shockingly miss that XP, we could be talking about being 4-4 there and the narrative changes dramatically. A couple minor things here and there is all it took.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

    HOLY ****



    [Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •