Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team is best built/assembled to beat the warriors right now?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spurs

7 21.88%
  • Celtics

0 0%
  • Knicks

1 3.13%
  • Bulls

2 6.25%
  • Trail Blazers

0 0%
  • Cavaliers

14 43.75%
  • Kings

1 3.13%
  • Rockets

0 0%
  • Raptors

2 6.25%
  • Other

5 15.63%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    It was unintentional, just didn't think of them at the time.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk
    https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ckk...tout.0.0.0.jpg
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Laugh. My. ***. Off. Cavs can easily stop Toronto because they're too reliable on two guys -- both of who are incredibly inconsistent in the playoffs. If it came down to it, LeBron would stick on DeRozan like glue and DeRozan would be shooting 20% on the floor like he did religiously in the playoffs. Toronto is a joke. They remind me of the Hawks. They will lose in the playoffs once again because DeRozan forgets how to shoot a midrange shot and Lowry decides to get a late night snack at McDonald's. The only team in the East capable of beating the Cavs is Boston... Toronto will lose to the Bulls if they played.
    I would also add that Bulls team to the list of capable of beating the Cavs, but most likely neither team will succeed but Bulls are more dangerous to me than the Celtics especially with a more battle tested backcourt and a guy who can actually somewhat guard Lebron and also do a little something on the other end in Butler

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    They extrapolate current production to what is considered a starter at 36min a game. Its a way to see how a backup player would play as a starter but its often skewed because of player fatigue and competition.

doesn't mean he's a starter. LOL lots of bench players put up good per 36 mins.

also have to factor above he's usually playing against scrubs.
    The numbers were pretty much right in line with what he did in the D-League (17.7/6.5/5) so I don't think it's too much of a stretch. He mostly played garbage time, but he had a few starts for Kyle down the stretch where he played really well.

He's also 6'5" and a good defender. If he's not starter quality he would at least be a top notch back up. I've seen a lot of him, he is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltstar View Post
    The numbers were pretty much right in line with what he did in the D-League (17.7/6.5/5) so I don't think it's too much of a stretch. He mostly played garbage time, but he had a few starts for Kyle down the stretch where he played really well.

He's also 6'5" and a good defender. If he's not starter quality he would at least be a top notch back up. I've seen a lot of him, he is legit.
    Sure he did. But does that make a legit NBA starting point guard. Not necessarily. Maybe on a rebuilding team but I don't think he's that good to lead a playoff team.

Yes, I believe he's a solid player for the Raps. He's not flashy and he's a little older that the usual sophomore (24). He has a low ceiling but he can still be solid. All about opportunities and he's not going to get an on the Raps.

But back to the Raptors. Are they second seed good? Sure. Can they beat the Cavs in the playoffs,sure. But more often than not, it's usually the Raptors playing poorly and one dimensionally that fails them.

With the way they play playoff basketball, I would give the Cavs an edge still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I'd argue the sample size being too low to be conclusive rather than the fatigue/comp factor and that's because that argument fights against the groove/teammates factor. As in you may player better with better teammates and find your rhythm easier with more minutes. Some guys do better starting than they do off the bench, some guys don't really care.

Tho the optimal range seems to be between 28-33 MPG from what I remember.

The comp factor matters tho, does Delon play a lot of garbage time?
    yes he plays a lot of garbage time. He's the third string PG. CoJo played 80 games and Lowry 77.

But he's good defensively and he can see a lot of the floor with his size. He's a solid player even playing against good competition.

A guard who's ready to lead a playoff team, nope.

It was unintentional, just didn't think of them at the time.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk
    Yikes, I'd rather admit it was intentional than be the type to forget such a high caliber squad. Next time, take more time with your simplistic posts.

yes he plays a lot of garbage time. He's the third string PG. CoJo played 80 games and Lowry 77.

But he's good defensively and he can see a lot of the floor with his size. He's a solid player even playing against good competition.

I only know him cuz hes in one of my 2k leagues, I have him and Booker in the backcourt, tons of fun. Though I can confirm, we are in the lottery.

Yikes, I'd rather admit it was intentional than be the type to forget such a high caliber squad. Next time, take more time with your simplistic posts.
    Honestly I truly forgot, I didn't pay much attention to the offseason around the NBA (Giants baseball was a big distraction) and we haven't played the Clippers yet, I completely forgot they existed when I made this thread, it wasn't a slight or anything. And to be fair, there is an "other" option anyway lol.

Honestly I truly forgot, I didn't pay much attention to the offseason around the NBA (Giants baseball was a big distraction) and we haven't played the Clippers yet, I completely forgot they existed when I made this thread, it wasn't a slight or anything. And to be fair, there is an "other" option anyway lol.
    Yup, the few votes we have decided your other choice is the best option outside of Cleveland/SAS.

I only know him cuz hes in one of my 2k leagues, I have him and Booker in the backcourt, tons of fun. Though I can confirm, we are in the lottery.
    Lullz. Rhyme and reason to everything ha

Nor did I insinuate that he was, but I could easily see him outplaying the pgs on teams like Orlando, Sacremento, New Orleans, Philly, Dallas, Brooklyn, Denver etc.

Ya I understand how the system works lol stop splitting hairs, a flagrant has been classified as a tech for as long as I've been watching. The real point is Lebron cried about it and got his way... you can respect that if you want but I dont.

I don't know what you expect them to show you when they aren't getting any plays ran for them (I'm assuming you didn't watch any of the games) They are both long athletic defenders who can rebound and finish. You can already see what a smart player Poeltl is and the energy Siakam brings. Getting these early minutes is going to be crucial when it's time to dust the Cavs in the Spring.

I've watched enough of Wright in the D/Summer League to know he's capable of running an NBA offense, you're gonna have to take my word for that one which I know you wont but that's ok you'll see one day.

Care to sig bet that last part?
    It's not splitting hairs, they're not one in the same like you're trying to make them out to be.

You clearly have no idea how the system works.. You don't even know the difference between foul types

7 technical fouls points in the playoffs is a suspension.. Separate from that is 4 flagrant foul points in the playoffs is a suspension. Brush up on your knowledge of the rules before you start spouting nonsense.

LeBron "crying" and getting Draymond's retaliation nut kick upgraded to a flagrant 1 would NOT have mattered if Draymond wouldn't have already accumulated 3 flagrant foul points earlier in the playoffs.. It is solely on him for being a bone head, any justification otherwise sounds like Toronto sour grapes to me.

I watched the Cavs beat the Raptors this season, sure did, Siakam was in foul trouble on dumb fouls. Both of them can get all the minutes they want, you're just puffing your chest out.. Your squad is out in the 1st or 2nd round.

If Wright is great based on the NBADL and NBA summer league then we have an absolute BEAST on our bench in Jordan McRae that we haven't even unleashed on the NBA yet!

smh, I'm not taking the bait, I know the rules, you can think what you want.

Cleveland won the game on a bad call, which is pretty typical when we play Lebron. I just can't respect the guy, or the Cavs I mean he blames his teammates everytime they lose, he makes a TV special to rub in the fact he's leaving Cleveland, you burn the guys jersey, he comes back, cheats his way to a championship and now he's supposed to be some sort of demi-god? The whole thing kind of disgusts me as a fan of basketball.

I'll take the humble, loyal, hard-working, dedicated, driven and passionate Raptors everyday of the week even if we don't get the calls.

(An example of the type of BS we deal with when playing American teams in the playoffs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiDz6y4xrY
    Last edited by Miltstar; 11-01-2016 at 10:04 PM.

smh, I'm not taking the bait, I know the rules, you can think what you want.

Cleveland won the game on a bad call, which is pretty typical when we play Lebron. I just can't respect the guy, or the Cavs I mean he blames his teammates everytime they lose, he makes a TV special to rub in the fact he's leaving Cleveland, you burn the guys jersey, he comes back, cheats his way to a championship and now he's supposed to be some sort of demi-god? The whole thing kind of disgusts me as a fan of basketball.

I'll take the humble, loyal, hard-working, dedicated, driven and passionate Raptors everyday of the week even if we don't get the calls.

(An example of the type of BS we deal with when playing American teams in the playoffs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiDz6y4xrY
    There is no bait, you flat out have been proven wrong for your irrational belief.

In l'm not a LBJ fan, I'm a Cavs fan... I was getting $50 floor seats to Cavs games while LBJ was off doing his thing in Miami.

Just because you dislike LBJ, doesn't make him a poor player.

I stand by what I said in my previous post, the Raptors won't make the ECF this season and I'll leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Olbrock View Post
    There is no bait, you flat out have been proven wrong for your irrational belief.

In l'm not a LBJ fan, I'm a Cavs fan... I was getting $50 floor seats to Cavs games while LBJ was off doing his thing in Miami.

Just because you dislike LBJ, doesn't make him a poor player.

I stand by what I said in my previous post, the Raptors won't make the ECF this season and I'll leave it there.
    a week into the season?

Bold statement if there ever was one.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast