Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Also Ingram... I been saying it since before the season started, this guy can score so I'm not worried about that.. his shot is sexy AF..

my only issue with him so far is that he gets a little too passive at times. I just want to see a game where he goes off for like 25 points and has no assists.. that would make me smile getting assists is part of his game obviously because he's very versatile, but I just want to see him be more assertive in the scoring department because I think he's probably the most gifted scorer on the team tbh, he just has to be more aggressive imo.
    He's got the T-Mac sleepy eyes, but below the surface, I bet that grasshopper has a burning passion to be great.

Like you said, we can all see the skills and that pretty looking jumpshot, but I see a kid that doesn't back down when he gets smacked in the face.

I love watching him play.

Averaging 11/3/3 so far in January. Big improvement over his first month in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    He's got the T-Mac sleepy eyes, but below the surface, I bet that grasshopper has a burning passion to be great.

Like you said, we can all see the skills and that pretty looking jumpshot, but I see a kid that doesn't back down when he gets smacked in the face.

Averaging 11/3/3 so far in January. Big improvement over his first month in the league.
    His assists and rebounds are about on par with the season, but his scoring has been much better... FGs 52%, 3Pts 47%, but still struggling at the line at 65%.

Averaging over 13 points over the last 6 scoring double digits in 5 of the last 6.

DLO on the other hand is struggling a bit, started the month well, but has gone 1-11 on 3's the last 3 games, however on the month he's averaging 4.9 assists to 1.5 TOs, which is an improvement for him and he's dropped some nice dimes. Hopefully he gets his shot going again.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post

He's looking more comfortable out there which is a great sign. If he continues to improves each month I'll be ecstatic. The guy is 19 and so skinny, anything he does this year will be impressive imo because I expect to see him put on some muscle in the off season and work on his game even further and come back next year a lot better. I'm a guy that hates subpar free throw shooting as well, so I hope that improves with time also. :/

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    His assists and rebounds are about on par with the season, but his scoring has been much better... FGs 52%, 3Pts 47%, but still struggling at the line at 65%.

Averaging over 13 points over the last 6 scoring double digits in 5 of the last 6.

DLO on the other hand is struggling a bit, started the month well, but has gone 1-11 on 3's the last 3 games, however on the month he's averaging 4.9 assists to 1.5 TOs, which is an improvement for him and he's dropped some nice dimes. Hopefully he gets his shot going again.
    Some damn good numbers for Ingram.

And it's not even about the numbers, sometimes his footwork and drives to the basket and dribbling just flat out impresses me.. the guy is a stud, no doubt. I just want to see him be more heavily involved in the offense.

I wish the lakers would run more plays/opportunities for Ingram and less for Russell right now tbh. At least just balance it out between those two.. Nothing against Russell, it's just I'm not as impressed with his scoring ability as I am with Ingram tbh.. I wouldn't call Russell a 3 point shooter at this point, I'd say he's a streaky shooter.. sometimes he's very hot and sometimes he's very off.. Defenders don't really respect his shot, at least not yet.. Defenders are always going under screens on him and russell doesn't capitalize on it as often as he should.. he's 4/20 from three point range in his last 5 games.. ugh.. hes had bad shooting streaks like this several times as well, it's not uncommon for him.. he will shoot like 6/8 or 7/9 but then the next 5 combined like 4/20 or 5/23 or something.. Some say he can be one of the best shooters in the league, well imo when you shoot like that I just don't see it.. Everyone can get hot, it's the good shooters that can do it on a nightly basis and he's just not there, at least not yet. He can probably get there eventually in a couple years but he's not there yet

Your baby can't do this

Some damn good numbers for Ingram.

And it's not even about the numbers, sometimes his footwork and drives to the basket and dribbling just flat out impresses me.. the guy is a stud, no doubt. I just want to see him be more heavily involved in the offense.

I wish the lakers would run more plays/opportunities for Ingram and less for Russell right now tbh. At least just balance it out between those two.. Nothing against Russell, it's just I'm not as impressed with his scoring ability as I am with Ingram tbh.. I wouldn't call Russell a 3 point shooter at this point, I'd say he's a streaky shooter.. sometimes he's very hot and sometimes he's very off.. Defenders don't really respect his shot, at least not yet.. Defenders are always going under screens on him and russell doesn't capitalize on it as often as he should.. he's 4/20 from three point range in his last 5 games.. ugh.. hes had bad shooting streaks like this several times as well, it's not uncommon for him.. he will shoot like 6/8 or 7/9 but then the next 5 combined like 4/20 or 5/23 or something.. Some say he can be one of the best shooters in the league, well imo when you shoot like that I just don't see it.. Everyone can get hot, it's the good shooters that can do it on a nightly basis and he's just not there, at least not yet. He can probably get there eventually in a couple years but he's not there yet
    The issue with Russell is when his shot isn't falling he doesn't have a lot of other ways to score... Superstars and even all stars can generally find other ways to score when their shot isn't falling, I don't see this in Russell, which to me limits his potential, however I do think/hope he can develop into a more consistent shooter. Ingram I think will have many ways to impact the game once as you said he packs on some muscle.

Randle is probably the guy I'm most disappointed with this year though, he's only had a double double in back to back games twice this year. He's a guy that based on his size and athleticism can be a force in every game just by hustling... I will give him credit that he's a little more in control while carrying the ball up the floor and has obviously put time in on his jumper and that's great and all, but really all he has to do is hustle and he would impact the game, but it's so up and down with him. If he gave the effort night in and night out that guys like Tarik, T Rob and Nance do he would double double every game.

I'm not one to hate on any of our guys, I get frustrated and disappointed, but I cheer for who we have and want the to succeed... but having said that I would like to see more effort from Randle and more intensity from DLO and I agree with you that it would be nice to see Ingram more involved in the offence.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    The issue with Russell is when his shot isn't falling he doesn't have a lot of other ways to score... Superstars and even all stars can generally find other ways to score when their shot isn't falling, I don't see this in Russell, which to me limits his potential, however I do think/hope he can develop into a more consistent shooter. Ingram I think will have many ways to impact the game once as you said he packs on some muscle.

Randle is probably the guy I'm most disappointed with this year though, he's only had a double double in back to back games twice this year. He's a guy that based on his size and athleticism can be a force in every game just by hustling... I will give him credit that he's a little more in control while carrying the ball up the floor and has obviously put time in on his jumper and that's great and all, but really all he has to do is hustle and he would impact the game, but it's so up and down with him. If he gave the effort night in and night out that guys like Tarik, T Rob and Nance do he would double double every game.

I'm not one to hate on any of our guys, I get frustrated and disappointed, but I cheer for who we have and want the to succeed... but having said that I would like to see more effort from Randle and more intensity from DLO and I agree with you that it would be nice to see Ingram more involved in the offence.
    I'm not hating on Russell, I like him, and I don't hate any laker, but I just think he's not a great outside shooter even though he's amongst the league leaders in attempts. I think he has a very good mid range shot, the only problem wth that is that if he's not coming off a screen, he has a hard time getting himself open for a mid range shot.

The thing with Randle that I'll admit, is that he seems to not give 100% effort all the time. He takes time off during games imo. I think he has so much talent and it shows when he's really trying, but like I said sometimes he doesn't give the effort and those are the times he seems lost. He's gotta change that, if he does I think he can be a really good player.

Your baby can't do this

~

Zubac also felt tired from something else. Throughout his overlapping stints with the Lakers and D-Fenders, the Croatian center has frequently heard defenders try to belittle him. “I’m coming from the NBA, so they want to talk trash all the time,” Zubac said. “But I don’t really care what they’re trying to say. I’m in the NBA and they’re not. They can say whatever they want.”

~

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    lmao savage
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Zubac looked pretty damn good against the nugs

Los Angeles Lakers @Lakers

Russell's MRI confirmed a mild MCL sprain in his R knee & a calf strain, and also showed a bone bruise. Out 1-2 weeks, re-evaluated in 1 wk.
    Over the last 9 games Ingram is averaging 48.3% from 3. Really small sample size, but nice to see from my boy.

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Over the last 9 games Ingram is averaging 48.3% from 3. Really small sample size, but nice to see from my boy.
    D'angelo Russell is starting to look injury prone.. :/

On Ingram, I knew he'd get it going eventually. Even when he couldn't make shots at the beginning of the year I knew those would eventually start to fall and now they are. The guy has crazy potential, it's only a matter of time before it starts to really all come together.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

https://twitter.com/nba_math/status/824096515828367361

D'angelo Russell is starting to look injury prone.. :/

On Ingram, I knew he'd get it going eventually. Even when he couldn't make shots at the beginning of the year I knew those would eventually start to fall and now they are. The guy has crazy potential, it's only a matter of time before it starts to really all come together.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    His knee freaks me out a bit tbh. Also the way he drags his feet when he runs is really bizarre. I don't get it.

HOLY ****

Regular season news thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    https://twitter.com/nba_math/status/824096515828367361

His knee freaks me out a bit tbh. Also the way he drags his feet when he runs is really bizarre. I don't get it.
    That twitter post was a per/40min look. I'm not a huge fan of that tbh.. I mean look at who's second on that list, tyus jones from Minnesota who is like their 3rd string PG. Yes, ahead of Devin booker because if you inflate his stats to 40 minutes then jones is averaging like what, 14 points and 8.5 assists (or whatever the correct calculated stats would be) which would be "more offense" than 22 points and 4 assists or whatever it would be for Devin booker.

Bottom line, I'm seeing a lot of flaws in dangelo Russell's game. Yes, he's very young and I'm taking that into consideration but looking at last year to this year I don't see a lot of improvement tbh which worries me. I've said many times that I'm not giving up on him and I'm not, but at the same time if someone comes knocking on kupchaks door with a good offer (which right now I doubt would happen) then I'd consider moving him especially with the PG heavy draft coming up (which also would be a crap shoot because they may not even keep the pick). Also as we discussed, his injuries are starting to be a cause for concern regardless of how he plays.

Your baby can't do this

I was just looking at the salaries and never really looked at it like this, but Deng/Moz/Calderon combined make the same as Randle/DLO/Ingram/Black/Young/T-Rob/Lou/Nance/Zubac combined. Which group is better value?

Wrong thread

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast