Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Post Green or Klay if things go sour?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-green-problem

Probably nothing but if one of them had to be traded who you move? Article mentions Green and Klay don't get along. Also Kerr hates Green. All in all if they win rings doesn't matter who hates who. Just speculation.

Move Klay. Green is a premier defender that is so versatile. Acquiring KD made Klay expendable IF things go bad.

THREE YEARS AGO, the Warriors had a mystery on their hands. Team trainers were noticing that the stationary bikes in their practice facility had become rather unstationary. More to the point, they were disappearing. Eventually, the mystery was solved. Green was dragging the stationary cycles to the sauna and leaving them there to soak.

It turned out that Green, who's struggled with his weight since his days at Michigan State, had developed a theory: By riding the bikes in the sauna, he could more efficiently shed pounds. In the short term, biking in a sauna will do that, but much of what is lost is water weight and is soon gained back. Golden State trainers were aware that Green's regimen was, at best, scientifically dubious. Also, the bikes were getting ruined. Says a former Golden State trainer: "He would come in and say, 'The screen's not working on the bike.' And I'd be like, 'Yeah, I wonder why.'"

Still, the team chose to ultimately allow it. It did involve cardio. And Green was loath to give it up. At the end of the day, success trusts its routine, no matter how absurd, grueling or dangerous to electronic equipment it might be.

And so it goes with the Warriors and their enigmatic star. The team indulges his more questionable behavior -- the late-night mischief, the berating of teammates, the feuding with coaches, the waterboarding of bikes -- because in doing so it has enabled him to become perhaps the best two-way player in the league. On the other hand, it might also have cost them a championship.

The Warriors have a problem to solve. The success of Draymond Green is inextricably wrapped up in the enigma of Draymond Green. There is, after all, more than one way to enable a man.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Klay Thompson is extremely talented but somewhat redundant with Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant. Draymond Green, whatever his quirks, is perenially in competition for Defensive Player of the Year, can defend every position, runs the offense at times and makes threes at a decent rate. If he slows down, then the story changes.

Klay for Jimmy straight up.

Id trade Draymond. I'd try and get AD, but I'd be happy to get Paul George. I don't like Drayomnd's attitude and lack of sense.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

You don't even need Klay. Durant does everything Klay can do but better. His defense isn't elite so I'm not sure why some of you pretend as if Klay is a lockdown defender. He's a good defender with scoring capabilities -- both of which are directly improved with his stacked team. Green is the most important player on the Warriors. As great as Curry and Durant are, he's their defensive presence and leader.

Durant isn't a better shooter than Klay but I agree everything else he does better or at least about even.

I think Klay is slightly a better player, but Draymond is a more complete player and fits more with the team's needs. As others mentioned, Klay is expendable with KD.

Well it seems to me that based on the article if things go sour it's likely because of Green. So if that hypothetically is the case then he'd have to be the one to go imo. Although his versatility and fit are more important then Klay to the team, if he's the one causing problems he goes. Some sort of trade for say Aldridge would be crazy just as a quick thought. Imagine Green and Leonard on the same team locking it down.

You can not separate the Splash Brothers. Green would be the odd man out.

Klay & Curry need to stay together for their entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10 View Post
    Well it seems to me that based on the article if things go sour it's likely because of Green. So if that hypothetically is the case then he'd have to be the one to go imo. Although his versatility and fit are more important then Klay to the team, if he's the one causing problems he goes. Some sort of trade for say Aldridge would be crazy just as a quick thought. Imagine Green and Leonard on the same team locking it down.
    Pop would strangle him.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Id trade Draymond. I'd try and get AD, but I'd be happy to get Paul George. I don't like Drayomnd's attitude and lack of sense.
    Doesn't make sense for Indiana. Not for New Orleans either unless AD gets injured again.

Things would have to get a lot worse for them to contemplate this, but ultimately you'd trade Draymond if there was a problem, simply because he would be the problem (and could cause further issues if you didn't). He IS more important thank Klay, but they'd get a haul for him, and if they made a halfway intelligent trade focused on a dynamic 4 (they would), they'd still be title favorites. Hopefully it does not come to that. No team is all butterflies, including GS.

I think Draymond's skillset is more critical to pair with Steph and KD long term. The addition of a lights out shooter like KD makes Klay more expendable. Dray is the critical glue guy that brings the swiss army knife you need around a Steph-KD 1-2 punch. Klay is more of a luxury item for this new roster.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast